Moses basket/Stand recommendation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-18-2014, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Moses basket/Stand recommendation?

I am still sick as a dog and just trying to take my mind off how crappy I feel...so I'm looking at baby stuff.

In the past I have had terrible sleepers no matter if we co-sleep, crib sleep, Arm's Reach co-sleeper, baby wear, play pen bassinet, motorized swing, motorized bouncer...no matter what we tried my kids wouldn't sleep as infants. ("Sleep like a baby"??? Whoever made up that phrase never met MY babies!) I'm trying to get mentally prepared to go through this again but also wondering if a Moses basket with a rocking stand might be a good option. I remember when my girls would fall asleep in the day time (FINALLY) somewhere and then I'd need to move them for some reason or wanted to have them closer to me in the house as I moved about doing chores and the Moses basket seems perfect. I have to keep them nearby because they would always wake every 10 minutes and I'd need to shush or pat them so I don't want to be downstairs doing laundry when they wake upstairs and miss that window of opportunity to lull them back to sleep so it makes sense to keep the baby near. Also LOVE that I could rock it at night while half asleep if we got the stand. We tried the Rock'n'Play with our girls, too, and that never worked for them. It seemed uncomfortable with not much padding and it was too much of an angle for them to get comfortable (always sliding down and then waking).

I want a good quality one. And I'd like one that isn't too small so that the baby can use it for as long as possible. The ones I see on Amazon don't get stellar reviews. I remember my sister having one from Restoration Hardware that I loved but probably very pricey. Any brand recommendations?

Tags
baby sleep
User Tag List