Weekly Chat 7/21-7/27 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

#31 of 57 Old 07-25-2014, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)

I am ALIVE!!!! Sorry I was MIA for a while there. Lots going on. Well, lots was going on. We had an offer on a house accepted, and the inspection came bad BAD. Standing water in the crawl space making mildew and mold problems, sinking foundation in one part of house. Big bummer. I have been kinda hermit like and tired and sick, so that has been keeping me away, too. But things are slowly getting better! Just in time for two births I have coming up in the next week or two!

So.... I'm BACK!!!!

Taking time to catch up on all I have missed!

-Jodie

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 57 Old 07-25-2014, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I am just hungry. All the time. And super stressed with moving, which thankfully we are about done with, and traveling last weekend and next week to get kids visiting with grandparents. And I'm tired, and it all makes me hungry. And I'm hungry for all the wrong things and I haven't been able to work out at all this month because of all the other stuff going on and I am afraid I am going to eat myself out of all my clothes and be a bigger fatter preggo lady than I was planning on. I already can't wear my pants comfortably at barely 9 weeks, which I find surprising for me this early on. I just feel uncomfortable, hungry, and fat. That's pretty much it. But one of my friends gave birth last night so I'm going to go snuggle her new baby later and that will make it all better for a while. I can't wait for this month to be over.

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
#33 of 57 Old 07-25-2014, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeyho View Post
I am just hungry. All the time. And super stressed with moving, which thankfully we are about done with, and traveling last weekend and next week to get kids visiting with grandparents. And I'm tired, and it all makes me hungry. And I'm hungry for all the wrong things and I haven't been able to work out at all this month because of all the other stuff going on and I am afraid I am going to eat myself out of all my clothes and be a bigger fatter preggo lady than I was planning on. I already can't wear my pants comfortably at barely 9 weeks, which I find surprising for me this early on. I just feel uncomfortable, hungry, and fat. That's pretty much it. But one of my friends gave birth last night so I'm going to go snuggle her new baby later and that will make it all better for a while. I can't wait for this month to be over.
I have usually outgrown my pants very quickly, but even though I gained a good 29 lbs (and started out a bit overweight), it has always come off fairly easily once baby is born and is nursing. Hopefully it will come off quickly for you too.

I've been lucky in the clothes department this time, because I lost 35 lbs prior to getting pregnant, and I still had the old clothes from last fall. My maternity capris that I kept from my pregnancy 5 years ago don't fit yet. That's a first! I can usually wear them by this point (I'm also 9 weeks). Instead, I'm wearing my "fat pants". I'm wondering if I might need size L maternity pants instead of XL that I've used prior. I was into size 14/L regular pants before getting pregnant. I'm hoping I'll get to wear those maternity capris at some point before it gets too cold though. They were the most comfy pair of maternity pants ever! That's why I didn't get rid of them when we were "done" having kids. I have such a hard time finding comfortable maternity pants. I just hate most of them. But these pants were great. I'm afraid I won't be able to find something like that again.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#34 of 57 Old 07-25-2014, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doylec View Post
Hi mamas!
There has been so much happening I haven't posted here yet but it's great to connect with You!

I am 9 wks 6 days now and have been really sick. Vomiting almost every morning and so tired. Also, the smells! The fridge, the trash, the diaper pail- they are my nemesis. My last pregnancy the nausea faded in the 2nd tri so I'm just counting the days. My lo wakes really early at 530/545 and my husband has been getting up and taking care of her until I can get up, and he is so tired! He's really struggling and stressed and ugh, I just wish I wasn't so sick bc I can't do anything esp before 11 am or so. Often I Can't keep down food or water - it's awful. Then I can gradually nibble and in the afternoon feel a bit better. I got the sea bands and they help I think? Hard to tell.

On the upside I had my first midwife appt this week and she wanted a dating u/s bc I wasn't having a regular cycle yet when I got preg so the LMP date is unreliable apparently. So we got that yesterday and it was so amazing! The heartbeat is good and the date they got was 2/19 (my LMP date was 2/21) so it's really what we thought anyway. I saw the little one move on the screen- I'll never forget that, wow! All looks good so that it a joy, even though I feel crappy.

The other big news is that I didn't get a job! I was a finalist for a job in NYC and it was a big deal opportunity, but I found out I was preg in the midst of the process and it was pretty stressful. I had to fly down there for the final interview and try not to barf. If I had gotten it, it would've meant moving our family by sept, and restarting our life in ny, while pregnant with a 1 yo- and I probably would've had to take a very short mat leave. Anyway it was kindof nuts. So they went with the other guy- good for them. I'm relieved and have faith that it just wasn't meant to be. It presents some financial challenges, but also means that I can focus on the new baby and prob put off looking for FT work again for a year, when new baby is 6 mos.

One more thing to share - DH and I were talking yesterday about how last time w our first child everyone was like "oh wow congratulations!!" And now, the few ppl we've told are like, surprised, not too excited, even judgey it seems, like "oh, if that's what you wanna do?". I guess it is soon (they'll be 23 mos apart) but...? I don't know, anyone else having this experience ?

Thanks for listening ladies!
Yep. And it only gets worse!! My first were 21 mo apart and second will be 23 mo apart. My neighbor who is very sweet was super not cool about it. She gave me a look like I had the flu or something. She said she was just feeling me out. People are just strange...
#35 of 57 Old 07-26-2014, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Testing to see if my profile pic and signature updated....

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#36 of 57 Old 07-26-2014, 08:07 AM

Hmmm.... Still can't rid of the profile picture! At least I got the signature to update without any problem.

Whew! I am wiped out today!

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#37 of 57 Old 07-26-2014, 10:21 AM

Have you tried clearing your cookies?

Last edited by sarahknavy; 07-26-2014 at 02:39 PM.
#38 of 57 Old 07-26-2014, 07:25 PM

I just tried it. We'll see if it works. If it doesn't, I will just be happy looking at the pic of my first VBAC baby Her birth makes me smile anyway

I've been crazy tired today. I keep telling myself that some vital part of the baby was being formed today and probably just needed all my energy in order to do it. I know that's silly, but it made me feel less lazy in all my laying around. I had been planning on going to Gymboree to use my gymbucks today since it's the last day. I got in the van and drove about 5 minutes before turning around and going home. I was just too tired to care about saving money or shopping.

#39 of 57 Old 07-26-2014, 07:29 PM

Jodie: I am sorry about the house! Good thing they found all that before you bought it though... water and mold problems are no joke.

#40 of 57 Old 07-27-2014, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahknavy View Post
Have you tried clearing your cookies?
I had to scroll up and see why someone would want to throw up.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#41 of 57 Old 07-27-2014, 11:12 AM

I can't stop puking today. This really sucks. I sit/lay til my kids need something, barely make it through getting it then run to the bathroom. It's not pregnancy related I know now. I really hope my kids don't get sick and my immune system is just down.
#42 of 57 Old 07-27-2014, 07:42 PM

Sarah, that sounds awful! I hope you feel better soon and that no one else gets it

My cat had her kittens yesterday. 8 of them!!! I can't believe it! She didn't look that big and she isn't a big cat herself. We will be fixing her ASAP.

So DH threw me for a loop today. I mentioned baby names and had assumed we would use the boy name we picked out last time if this one is a boy. But he said he kinda thought he might like a junior. At first I thought he meant the actual name of Junior and I was going to say no way, but then I realized that he meant he wanted to name the next boy after himself. He said we didn't have to, but it was something that crossed his mind that he thought he might like. Of course I would not say no since I think it's more important to him than he is letting on...but I admit that I am disappointed. And-I'd never tell him this- but I don't really like his name. Especially his middle name. Eh. Maybe he will change his mind....

#43 of 57 Old 07-27-2014, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Cagnew, that's funny because I really want to name baby after DH of it's a boy but he isn't as enthusiastic about it. He's dead set on Ezra...I'm not a fan. That's a pretty sensitive situation though since he's wanting to pass on his name. I wish I had advice but I really don't. Names are important and I think it's usually best to pick one you're both sold on.
#44 of 57 Old 07-28-2014, 06:06 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Sarah, I hope that was just a bad day and not a pattern. We all deserve to get over the morning sickness thing, especially the ones who have to chase little ones around (and ESPECIALLY nursing mamas, too).

I still want Jonathan for a boy, but my husband hates that name for whatever reason. His only complaint is that it's boring, which is not a good enough reason. I am also thinking of Jeffrey, but not liking it as much as Jonathan. I hope it's a girl, so that this whole boy name thing can be avoided.

My last girl was so good. She started breastfeeding the moment she came out, like she had always known how to do it, and she started crawling at 6 months, like she had always known how to do it. She was very calm. If I put up a baby gate, she was like "Well, guess I can't go that way." Totally the opposite of the boys, who took a while to learn everything and then there was nothing I could babyproof well enough. Girls just seem so much easier. But watch, I'll get a girl who climbs on everything and demands attention at all hours of the day.

Three kids and one on the way.
#45 of 57 Old 07-28-2014, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Whenever I say I want a girl, so many people tell me "No no trust me, you want a boy. They're SO much easier." But boys are destructive! My brothers and I are 10 years apart and I remember them getting into everything. They drew on the walls and constantly took their diapers off. But girls are usually more manipulative and sassy.
#46 of 57 Old 07-28-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie11 View Post
Sarah, I hope that was just a bad day and not a pattern. We all deserve to get over the morning sickness thing, especially the ones who have to chase little ones around (and ESPECIALLY nursing mamas, too).

I still want Jonathan for a boy, but my husband hates that name for whatever reason. His only complaint is that it's boring, which is not a good enough reason. I am also thinking of Jeffrey, but not liking it as much as Jonathan. I hope it's a girl, so that this whole boy name thing can be avoided.

My last girl was so good. She started breastfeeding the moment she came out, like she had always known how to do it, and she started crawling at 6 months, like she had always known how to do it. She was very calm. If I put up a baby gate, she was like "Well, guess I can't go that way." Totally the opposite of the boys, who took a while to learn everything and then there was nothing I could babyproof well enough. Girls just seem so much easier. But watch, I'll get a girl who climbs on everything and demands attention at all hours of the day.
I am feeling pretty good today. Just a little drained but I am not letting that stop me from doing some cleaning. This place is gross! My daughter has a rash so I am thinking it was some virus that just super killed me cause my immune system was down.

My girl is super crazy! My boy is the one who is calm and reserved and scared of anything and my girl I knew from about 4/5 mo she was trouble. She was always 110% with everything she tried. She enjoyed diving off of surfaces(still does) and requires me to be in her space most of the time. She occupies herself fine as long as I am watching or near her, but as soon as I want to do something productive, her life is over. She is a fireball and I love it but it's a lot of work!
#47 of 57 Old 07-28-2014, 01:35 PM

I'm also getting cleaning done today. I cleaned out the car, took apart the car seat and the stroller and washed the fabric parts, put the stuff back on, and I still need to sort some piles of paperwork and maybe vaccuum in the next 2 hours. And then tomorrow maybe finally tackle the gross gross bathrooms. Yuck.

#48 of 57 Old 07-28-2014, 04:52 PM

I did my bathrooms and dishes and I feel good about that. I have so much that needs to be done... But I like to take things slow.
#49 of 57 Old 07-28-2014, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie11 View Post
I'm also getting cleaning done today. I cleaned out the car, took apart the car seat and the stroller and washed the fabric parts, put the stuff back on, and I still need to sort some piles of paperwork and maybe vaccuum in the next 2 hours. And then tomorrow maybe finally tackle the gross gross bathrooms. Yuck.

Just reading this made me want to take a nap. I feel like I can hardly be upright for more than fifteen minutes at a time, much less do any cleaning. Today I ran two errands and it did me in. Ugh.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#50 of 57 Old 07-28-2014, 05:41 PM

I'm 10 weeks today, and yesterday the sickies really ramped up. Sheesh! I don't normally throw up during the first trimester (though I'll sometimes feel like I'm about to), but yesterday I came VERY close. Still feeling it today. Funny thing is that I can eat and eat and eat, and that makes me feel better.

I think I may have felt the baby move today! It was a really faint tickle, way down low, center of my belly, just above the hair line. That's right where my uterus is (it's a few finger widths above the hairline). It was just a momentary tickle, and I haven't felt anything since, but it was neat nonetheless.

#51 of 57 Old 07-28-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckiest View Post
Just reading this made me want to take a nap. I feel like I can hardly be upright for more than fifteen minutes at a time, much less do any cleaning. Today I ran two errands and it did me in. Ugh.
I've been feeling like that for ever, but I forced myself to take my prenatals today, so I blame that. I also did go to the store and return the nasty smelly epsom salts my husband got me for unscented normal ones.

#52 of 57 Old 07-28-2014, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Had my second appointment today, and everything looks good! I got to hear the heartbeat, which is really amazing. I did find out that I've *lost* at least 10 pounds since I've been pregnant, which I'm kind of surprised by. Apparently they'll do the anatomy scan at the next visit, and I'm pretty excited about that except my friend who has been going with me will be out of town for it.
#53 of 57 Old 07-28-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafl View Post
Had my second appointment today, and everything looks good! I got to hear the heartbeat, which is really amazing. I did find out that I've *lost* at least 10 pounds since I've been pregnant, which I'm kind of surprised by. Apparently they'll do the anatomy scan at the next visit, and I'm pretty excited about that except my friend who has been going with me will be out of town for it.
How exciting !!
#54 of 57 Old 07-29-2014, 07:06 AM

sarafl: I'm glad you had a good appointment! It's always so good to hear that little heart beating away

sarahnavy: Glad you are feeling a bit better. There seems to have been quite a few odd illness lately (as in the past year). I know my kids have run a random fever a few times, with no other symptoms. Right after I found out I was pregnant, I had this hellish virus for 24 hours. It was so strange... my stomach felt like it was on fire and hurt so bad that when it cramped, I doubled over. I was nauseous from the pain and threw up a couple times. Then I ran a fever for a bit. Then it was gone and no one else got it. So weird. We've had random diarrhea around here too. But nothing has been contagious, which is the strangest part!

I did a ton of cleaning yesterday. All day long. It felt good to be productive!

#55 of 57 Old 07-29-2014, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren94 View Post
Whenever I say I want a girl, so many people tell me "No no trust me, you want a boy. They're SO much easier." But boys are destructive! My brothers and I are 10 years apart and I remember them getting into everything. They drew on the walls and constantly took their diapers off. But girls are usually more manipulative and sassy.
Bren, totally! I am actually hoping for a third girl because I don't know if i can deal with a boy breaking things after having two gentle girls! I may even have to baby proof if it is a boy! And as far as girls sassing-- well, yes. Yes, they do. But at least I can have a decorated house. Hahaha.

At the end of the day, I want a healthy baby, but I will be EXTRA excited if I get another girl. We have lots of potential names for boys, but every single time we can only agree on a single name for the girls. So, that is what they get named. No boy name we've discussed gets me excited, but the solitary girl name we've agreed on-- well I LOVE that name and want to use it!
#56 of 57 Old 07-29-2014, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
@ Doylec, yep after the first not many are excited. Once you hit the third, people just outright ask if it was "planned". I wonder if we treated pet owners the same way.......
#57 of 57 Old 07-29-2014, 11:15 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I was given a bunch of free cloth diapers in various types yesterday. Yea for free stuff!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page