Dreams - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

#1 of 30 Old 07-26-2014, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Dreams

Got to hand it to those crazy pregnancy dreams. Last night I dreamed that I married a man with 19 kids. We also had some weird sister wife thing going on. She had two kids. My life is crazy enough with out becoming reality TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 30 Old 07-27-2014, 05:41 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
The other night, I dreamt that this low spot in our yard became a giant sinkhole the size of a bedroom, and when we looked down on it, we discovered a school. The sinkhole was over a hallway, and on either side were still-furnished rooms from the 1950s or so. It was a really vivid dream.

I had a disturbing dream this morning, but don't want to talk about, as I don't want to remember it. :P The sinkhole dream was ok to remember. Though I'm feeling like I should be careful in my backyard!

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#3 of 30 Old 07-27-2014, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
I had a dream last night that my neighbor died. But then, like in a tv show, she was back and I hugged her and told her that she had died, but now she was back. That's all I remember.

Three kids and one on the way.
#4 of 30 Old 07-27-2014, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I had a really vivid dream last night, so real that when I woke to go to the bathroom I wasn't sure if I was awake or dreaming. Of course, now I ant really remember it, but I remember feeling a lot of anxiety and stress and like I was in danger and couldn't trust anyone in my dream. I usually never have dreams.

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
#5 of 30 Old 07-28-2014, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
My dreams have been really wacky. And, embarrassing. Like, I can't even believe my mind would go there and I can't even tell people about them. I wake up disturbed! This is my third pregnancy and the dreams seem to get crazier with each pregnancy. During my first pregnancy, I was so unsure about the logistics of breastfeeding and how I would feel about it. I only had one fur-baby at the time and of course treated him like he was my child. Well, I had a dream that I nursed my dog!!! It was so disturbing to wake up from that one. Clearly I was trying to wrap my brain around the breastfeeding relationship and plunked the closest thing I had to a child into the blank spot before I got to know my actual child, but....WEIRD! Anyway, my dreams have been even worse this time around.
#6 of 30 Old 07-28-2014, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

I have had a dream about nursing a dog before. There is a 10y gap between DS2 and DS3. That last year or two before I got pregnant again I wanted a baby so bad that I had a breastfeeding dream at least once a month. Usually it was a baby though.
#7 of 30 Old 07-28-2014, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
My dreams have also been all over the show. I'm always so surprised that I have enough time to get into these really vivid dreams in the 2 hours or so that I sleep between getting up to pee lately. A lot of my dreams have been very X-rated, which is weird because it's definitely the last thing on my mind when I'm awake! I've also had disturbing dreams about losing my children in a riptide or big waves. I'll take the X-rated dreams over those any day

Breastfeeding, cosleeping, homebirthing scientist mama to DD1 07/08, DD2 06/10 and a third on the way 02/15!

#8 of 30 Old 07-28-2014, 12:07 PM

I can't remember my dream last night. Well, the last one after my last get up to pee of the morning. I just remember it was like a movie, and I wanted to go back to sleep to find out how it ended. I think it was a horror movie of the paranormal, but it's gone now.

#9 of 30 Old 07-28-2014, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Two nights ago, I dreamt that I had my baby now, but it was full-term. My mom was at my house when the baby was born, and it apparently happened so quickly, no one else was there. About five days later, I wondered why my mw hadn't come to check on me. Then I realized that I had never called her to even say I was in labor, let alone that the baby had come!

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#10 of 30 Old 07-28-2014, 01:46 PM

Oh, I also had a dream that Michael Jordan was at my house, and while we were talking, I was fixated on what nice teeth he had, but only on the top; the bottom teeth were a mess. He also had a very strange earring in his left ear; it was like a giant paper clip sticking out of the piercing site. Then, he turned into some young white guy that I apparently went to high school with, and was talking to me about another girl we went to school with. Then he told me he had a girlfriend in a city a few hours from here, and I said maybe I knew her, since I know some people there (like five people, in a city with a large population. Haha.). My mom came over, and I introduced him by the name of someone on another messageboard that I just recently joined.

That wasn't the first time I dreamed about people from that board, which is kind of creepy. I won't be posting about it there. :P

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#11 of 30 Old 07-28-2014, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Nothing too crazy so far with this pregnancy, but with DS the one that sticks out was that I had given birth to a duck. In the dream I was disappointed, but thought I'd do my best to raise it anyway, and tried to nurse it, but my breast turned black and shriveled up! That was by far the weirdest.

And I also had variations of this one recurring dream - that I'd had the baby, and my midwife and everyone was there around my bed, I'm holding the baby and everything's fine, except that I have no memory of the birth. I'm always really distressed in the dream, feel no connection to the baby, I'm asking everyone there to quickly write down everything they remember in as much detail as possible.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#12 of 30 Old 07-28-2014, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
When I was pregnant with my oldest, I had a dream that I gave birth to a girl cat. Then I nursed her, and she hopped down to eat some raw meat (my cats were raw fed at the time).

Alas, the baby was a BOY, followed by two more BOYS. I also just *knew* he was a boy the entire pregnancy. When he came out and they said he was a boy, I was like, "Yeah, I know!" Yet I had dreamt that I had a girl cat.

ETA: I'm a DOG person, btw. Hence the avatar - my honeymoon puppy. I like cats, but dogs are my love.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#13 of 30 Old 07-28-2014, 06:17 PM

I just remembered something really weird reading luckiest's post. Right after I had my first child, I dreamed that I was in labor and giving birth, and I gave birth to one live baby and one deceased baby, because all women did that in the dream world. And I had to say goodbye to the other baby, but didn't want to. I'm pretty sure the deceased baby represented the afterbirth and my saying goodbye represented my loss of being a non-mom to this strange new land of being a mom. That was over 12 years ago and I still remember some of the details.

#14 of 30 Old 08-03-2014, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Had a dream I had a little baby boy. Except for I couldn't remember any of the birth which keeps happening in my dreams and I find it very upsetting. Apparently benign present for the birth is important to me lol. Oh and he didn't have a name so now I've been trying to figure out names all morning so I am more prepared.
#15 of 30 Old 08-16-2014, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
"Fun" new pregnancy nightmare theme: Earthquakes. I've started to have recurring dreams where the ground opens up and swallows people whole in front of me. Last night's was a special doozy, with a government conspiracy and a Harry Potter sort of Room of Requirement and the real Hollywood-style cracks opening up in the floor right under people's feet between their legs... Ridiculous, but also really terrifying. I woke up with my heart pounding, very upset.

Pregnancy! Where seemingly-solid things split open for no reason!

#16 of 30 Old 08-18-2014, 07:54 AM

HA HA HA ^

I had a dream last night that our house was possessed by a demon. I knew this was true because my lock on my front door kept moving back and forth and my garage door wouldn't stay closed. That and I had crazy goosebumps that I've only had before with negative spiritual energy. The demon "took" our little boy in my dream and we were trying to fight it to get him back. It was very bizarre to say the least and left me in kind of a "meh" mood this morning.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#17 of 30 Old 08-26-2014, 01:02 PM

I just had some really bizarre dreams (yes, it is 11:30am. My 2 y/o woke up very early today. At 9:30, I laid down for a nap and let my kids watch Netflix. I hate tv, but am glad for it on days like this!).

In the first, my stepmom and I were house sitting for someone. We had my kids and a bunch of other kids there, in the bathroom, we had a baby crocodile, and it was hooked up to some sort of large tube (think stretchy vacuum tubing), which was hooked up to the water. The croc got free, and started running around the house. I tried to catch it, it bit my hand, and it got away.

I locked all of the kids in the bathroom, hoping it wouldn't slither under the door, and went to find my stepmom. She didn't think it was a big deal, and said we'd find it eventually. We left with all of the kids to go somewhere, and when we came back, she suggested we call one of the hundreds of local farms (who knows where we were that there were so many farms!), and ask to borrow an animal that would hunt and catch the croc. She didn't think we needed to tell the owners of the house anything at all. Then I woke up.

When I went back to sleep, I had some weird dream about trying to choose a dress to wear, while my mom talked to me about how much she liked one of my vice principals from school (whom she did not like, in reality).

Then we were suddenly trying to install fire hydrants on a busy street front, preparing for some catastrophe that was coming. I think it was either weather or dinosaur related.

Then, she was talking to some friends of hers, and I was trying to make a salad in her purse. I was frustrated, because I needed to snap long slices of cucumbers to the interior of her purse, but there weren't any snaps on the lining.

Next, I dreamt that I went to see my old obstetrician, who I haven't seen since I was pg with my first. Apparently, I was planning to do concurrent care (which is funny, because when that was my plan with my first, he said, "You can just see the mw. There's no reason for you to see me, too."). Instead of an exam table, I was on a large bed with a flowery bedspread, and lots of cushions. The room was rather large, too.

He asked, "How are you," and I said, "Good. Pregnant, as usual. It's a hobby of mine." Then he said he wanted to check the baby's heartbeat, and when I asked if he had a fetoscope (we prefer to avoid u/s waves), he said no, and took out his "doppler." It ended up being some handheld u/s machine, but I had to hold it in my teeth for it to work. He shoved the round bite plate into my mouth, and it started vibrating, which hurt! He asked, "What side is the baby usually on, and I told him top right. He went there, and in a tiny screen, I saw the baby's face very clearly (and not only was it way too clear for a u/s, but the baby looked like a 40 weeker).

Suddenly my mom, DH, and three of my kids were there (for some reason, DS2 was missing), and they all got very excited. Then the dr said, "Let's have a look at the umbilical cord," which gave us a clear crotch shot. Being team green, I tried not to look, but couldn't help myself, and saw that it was a girl. I wasn't going to say anything, but then my mom exclaimed, "Did you guys see that! It's a girl! You're going to have a sister!" I was excited about having a girl, but was sorely disappointed about knowing already. My kids were acting kind of goofy about it. I distinctly remember looking at DS1, and he had very long blond hair, which he hasn't had since he was four.

Then a clean-up crew came in after us to take out garbage and change the sheets (they were wearing masks and everything), and a nurse handed me a print out with some stats on the baby. I wanted to know where the pictures were, and she said, "Oh, you wanted those?" and ran off to see if she could get them. I think I woke up after that.

My brain is crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 of 30 Old 08-26-2014, 02:43 PM

I officially had the weirdest dream of my life the other night. I've been having lots of violent dreams, but they're oddly not scary. Like I'll be totally calmly hiding in a closet from a murderer. Maybe I should lay off the crime dramas.

In the dream I came home to find that while I was gone, an elderly neighbor had come in and cut all four legs off one of our dogs, and one leg off the other dog. I have no idea how I knew it was the neighbor. The dogs appeared to not be in pain, and the dog with all four legs missing was hobbling around on his nubs, which were still bleeding. I viewed it as an merely an annoyance, until I went to the kitchen and realized that she had also cut all of our wooden spoons in half. For whatever reason, the spoons freaked me out. My husband was magically there then, and I started telling him I thought the spoons were a sign and that she'd come back tonight to cut our legs off.

So.weird.

#19 of 30 Old 08-27-2014, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter

I had my first birth dream. I was livin in a house instead of my apartment. In the dream, I had a husband. He was tryin to set up my birth pool in the backyard, but it was taking too long. They finally gave me the go ahead to get into the pool. So I started to get off my bed and saw a bunch of bloody show on my sheets. My midwife got excited about my progress. I then started to walk to the door and the baby came sliding out halfway there. I missed my water birth.
#20 of 30 Old 09-05-2014, 09:16 AM

I've been having very scary and upsetting dreams lately.

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I was conducting a train in these dark tunnels where the light would come and go and I couldn't see where I was going. So eventually, I got off the train and turned out it was a large haunted tunnel of underground buildings. Like a video game or something. Every once in a while I would see a person and run up to them, but by the time I got there, the lights would flash and they would be gone. Like a ghost. That's what made it like a video game.

Last night I had two dreams. In the first, I was still married to my ex-husband (this dream is recurring, I have it all the time) and we got into a fight, so I ran out of the house and down the street. In real life, he was an addict and things got progressively worse until I had to leave and get a divorce. I don't think I'll ever stop having this dream, because I don't talk to him and never got closure, and never will. I always wake up so happy to be married to my current husband.

Bathroom break. Back to bed and next dream I'm talking to a woman who is pregnant by my husband. But I do the math and realize we've been married long enough that he didn't get her pregnant before we got serious (as if that matters, anyway), it had to have been while we were married. So I'm super mad and going to confront him to yell at him (as if that will help) and I can't find him, because he's elsewhere. I woke up mad and asked him, "Did you get another woman pregnant?!" as he was getting out of the shower and he was like, "WHAT?!" It took me a few minutes to come to terms with the fact that it was a dream and not real.

I'm really not sure what it is I'm so stressed about or what is causing these horrifying dreams lately.

#21 of 30 Old 09-25-2014, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
More "Tee ruins the baby's life" dreams, joy and rapture.

Last night I dreamed that the baby was a boy, and didn't nurse at all. I think he must have arrived early or something, because I had him and then... just went on back to work? And several days passed before I realized, oh gosh, I'm not nursing him and obviously we're not formula feeding him, but I'm not pumping either. I guess I should probably get to pumping? Jeez, is my baby okay? Is he starving to death yet? But man, the dread of having to EP... I was super, super reluctant to commit to pumping. Like, at all. I apparently wanted to come up with some magical fourth option, which was not nursing, not pumping, and not giving him not-breastmilk. Maybe my dream self was just going to insist on all donor milk all the time? I don't know. I just remember the creeping dread of "Oh man, this is a really serious foul-up, you somehow managed to not feed your baby for an entire week and didn't even notice."

Anxiety! So much fun!

#22 of 30 Old 09-25-2014, 10:56 AM

Dreamt about riding a random bike around town with my husband. I didn't know what to do with the bike at the end of it all and people kept telling me to just steal it... I remember getting annoyed with my husband because he was going way too fast over very steep hills. Ha ha just random. Nothing too stressful lately.
#23 of 30 Old 09-25-2014, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
My only baby dreams so far have been basically the same thing. The first one, I had gone out of town to visit a friend and was planning to spend the night. Then I remembered I left my baby at home and it was probably hungry. So I went back home and went upstairs to the baby's room, where I realized I had not been for DAYS to check on it. But it was fine. And then the baby was my cat, who was happy to nurse. The second dream started pretty immediately with my cat as my baby, but also realizing I had not fed or changed the "baby" in quite some time. Then my cat/baby turned into a chicken inside of an egg that had to hatch.
#24 of 30 Old 09-25-2014, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
My dreams are usually really weird, but they've been exceptionally weird lately. I was thinking they might be to weird to share, but hey why not? So I was visiting Iceland and sitting there when a large African naked woman came running up yelling at me to massage her rear end. I obliged when I noticed something strange happening between her legs and yelled at her " Your having a baby! It's crowning!) I continued to help her deliver her baby, complete with unlooping the cord from around the neck, and handed her her baby. It was 11 pounds.
I like having baby dreams, they're nice, even if weird. It's the super violent, gruesome dreams I'm been having that I could do without!
#25 of 30 Old 09-27-2014, 09:33 AM

I wonder what that means, because it seems like a few of us are having the same dream themes where suddenly we realize we've neglected something for too long. I have also had many dreams where something represents someone and it can change from a cat to a chicken to a mouse to a dog to a person, etc. But it's still the same being/soul inside, it just changed shape.

#26 of 30 Old 09-27-2014, 10:52 AM

I had a dream my husband was cheating on me last night.. I was pregnant in my dream as well and my attitude was mostly "well, that sucks for him ha ha" and I was still happy in my dream because i was feeling super strong kicks. I was more annoyed than anything because he kept trying to lie his way out of it and i had his phone with all these text messages. It's weird that I can have dreams that should be very upsetting but It's almost as if I know they are dreams so I'm like 'yeah, whatever'. Anyway, I didn't even wake up mad at him because it was just silly. I did wake up to little kicks though.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#27 of 30 Old 10-04-2014, 07:11 AM

Last night I had a dream that I delivered the baby, totally effortlessly, in a house full of people (like maybe it was thanksgiving or some celebration). I knew I was I. Labor but I didn't pay attention to it until I had to catch. It turned out to be a boy, which goes against all my intuition so far. We couldn't choose a name. DH and I talked about whether we wanted any more kids after this (oddly, I'd be more inclined to stop after two boys than if we had one of each). The only strange part of the dream was that people kept changing the baby's diaper and putting him to sleep, and never bringing him to me to nurse, so I was freaking out that he wasn't eating.

#28 of 30 Old 10-05-2014, 03:50 PM

I was reading a while ago, I am not sure I could find the article/blog or whatever it was that I read at this point, but the point of it was that when you have a dream, everything in the dream is you trying to tell yourself something. Now, as simple as that seems, and as much as I already knew that, I still didn't know it. I've been having dreams about my ex for years. At first it was all the time, but now it is like once a week to once a month, if that. And in every dream he was trying to live with me, to be married, to control the situation and I didn't want to be there. I always either remember that I have a new boyfriend or a husband, and wonder where they went off to. Sometimes I even realize who the boyfriend/husband is, and then I wonder how I got back into a situation where I am living with my ex when I've already moved on. But what I didn't realize about this recurring dream is that it wasn't my ex in the dream, he was me. An aspect of me trying to tell myself something. And I guess it's the same way with all dreams. We are trying to tell ourselves things that we can't realize consciously. Like how we would deal with a baby or labor. I still don't quite understand if I'm trying to tell myself that I'm too controlling or what with that dream.

#29 of 30 Old 10-05-2014, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Two nights ago I had a dream that I was having a late u/s for placenta previa and saw a huge penis where a vulva should be. I began bawling and I was so confused and sad that I will never have a daughter. it was an awful dream and I still believed it when I woke up. I began trying to figure what I would name a boy and planning for the chance that this baby does arrive with a penis.

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our fourth and final baby( It's a GIRL!!!) in January 2015.
#30 of 30 Old 10-12-2014, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I've had a few "rage" dreams lately, and had another one last night. In them I am completely freaking out -yelling, screaming, shaking, throwing things- at DH. I wake up very upset. In the one last night he told me that he was tired of me and the kids and wouldn't explain why in a way I could understand. He kept using tv references, and since we don't watch tv, I had no idea what he meant. So weird. The dreams aren't base din reality... I'm not mad at him and he isn't anything like he is in the dreams.

But worst of all, my 7 year old told me this morning she dreamt that I had the baby and it was a girl- and it died 3 hours after it was born That totally freaks me out. I hope I forget about it.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page