• 3 Post By cagnew
  • 1 Post By Valerie11
  • 2 Post By cagnew

#1 of 14 Old 07-30-2014, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Weekly Chat 7/30- 8/3

Yeah, the dates for this weekly chat are screwy. I can't think straight today. It's been a "tired" day. My DH must shake his head (inwardly) when he gets home from work because of how unpredictable I am these days. Sometimes he comes home and I've done a ton of work and the house is nice and clean. Other days he comes home and it's clear that I've done pretty much nothing but keep myself and the kiddo's alive

Funny story (sort of): My kids have a toy called Squids, which are basically various shapes of rubber with quarter-sized suction cups on each point. Last night, I stuck two to my forehead and was making my two youngest laugh while they took a bath. Later, I looked in the mirror and realized that they had left two big purple hickies on my forehead. They look worse today than they did last night! I've been laughing about them off and on all day... but if I have to go anywhere before they fade, I am going to wear a hat! I already had a big zit up there to begin with. Geez.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#2 of 14 Old 07-30-2014, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Same here, some days are productive and most days I am just trying to keep the kids alive... from the couch.
DuchessTergie likes this.

Three kids and one on the way.
#3 of 14 Old 07-30-2014, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
That is a really funny story!!!
#4 of 14 Old 07-30-2014, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Cagnew, Too funny! Today was a kind of productive day for me, which led to me becoming overly exhausted--I cleaned and recleaned the house and kitchen all day. Then my DH went to help our friends move and I had the kids all evening and had to make dinner before he got back. Utterly spent, patience gone, the youngest spilled milk everywhere, scattered all the picked up toys, dumped the salt shaker...Afterward, DH took them outside so I could clean up. I finally sat down with a glass of cold milk and my laptop just to relax in peace and because I was feeling crampy. Then they all tramp back in 5 minutes later and the youngest climbs up and spills my milk all over me, my recliner, and my laptop. I lost it. DH couldn't understand and totally freaked out on me. Sometimes, I wish I weren't pregnant, but really I just wish I could do normal things without feeling wasted by 4 pm, or keep a hormonal balance and not lose my cool. Ugh and sigh. Being pregnant is hard.

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our fourth and final baby( It's a GIRL!!!) in January 2015.
#5 of 14 Old 07-30-2014, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Hugs to writermama12. I could have predicted that situation would go south. My husband does just about everything when he gets home with the littlest one for me. I'm still waiting for him to snap any day now.

Three kids and one on the way.
#6 of 14 Old 07-31-2014, 03:43 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Writermama12-- oh, I'm sorry. That sound slike an awful day. I hope the rest of the week is especially peaceful and runs smoothly. Cagnew-- awesome. Just awesome. Those hickeys are a badge of good mothering.

My sister and her 2 YO visited last week, so we're back to being just us girls. I miss them already. My DD2 is a risk-taker and tried to climb into the tub unsupervised. She flipped in, head over heels and it was so scary to see-- it was one of those times when it seems to happen in slow motion but you can't do anything about it. Thankfully she is OK. She has no instinct about her body in space. She will STILL flip herself off a bed or tumble off the couch. She has chipped her front teeth three times already, so I know when she falls it isn't graceful (and it is especially painful). I'm doing my best to keep this girl safe, but sheesh!

I'm also beginning to feel lonely. I've lived here for 6 months now, and I've met people I like, but I still feel like I don't have a groove happening yet. I miss my friends, whom I was spoiled to live in the same community with for over 5 years. I hate small talk and sometimes I just want to have a conversation with people who "get" me. I'm sorry if this sounds whiny-- I don't mean it like that. I just feel like I am too old to pursue temporary friendships.

But! On the very positive note-- I am feeling like a second trimester pregnant lady! Yippee for more energy again! I was beginning to think I was becoming lazy. I couldn't nap even though I wanted one so badly. I was very Zen in the first trimester-- I became one with the couch. Hahaha.
#7 of 14 Old 07-31-2014, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I picked up dinner from where I work tonight, and my order was missing the mushrooms. Once I saw that, I didn't want it anymore. I only want to eat very specific things lately, and I know it sounds stupid, but I took it back and asked if I could get another order tomorrow. And then I started crying in front of my boss. But that would have been my first real meal of the day, and I just couldn't eat it. I'm so embarrassed now, AND I can't think of anything else I want to eat.

On the happier side, one of my friends gave me some baby stuff that they were done with - a nice rocker/ottoman set, changing table and highchair, and their bucket seat and base. My dad helped me pick it all up, and he kept calling the carseat a 'basket'. It's been a loooooong time since there was a baby in our immediate family.
#8 of 14 Old 07-31-2014, 08:39 PM

I want to respond but I'm too tired!!!

I miss having "real" friends too. Mostly my sisters are the only ones but I wish they could follow me around the country.

I spent all day helping set up for a yard sale and I am off to bed at 830. Nighty night ladies :0
#9 of 14 Old 08-01-2014, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I'm still feeling mostly unmotivated to do anything this week, but I did get school done with the kids 4 days this week AND we did a field trip to a museum, so it was a more productive week than normal. Queasiness has been stronger this week, usually worse at night, though I do ok during the day if I keep eating.

I'll be 11 weeks Monday, and my midwife appointment is Wednesday. Very excited! I love midwife appointments.
#10 of 14 Old 08-01-2014, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

boscopup: that sounds pretty productive to me!

sarafl: I hope you found something to eat Pregnancy makes us do some pretty nutty things!

duchess: I don't have any friends either. My only good friend moved to another state last month I'm glad to have DH...but it's just not the same thing.

Our cat has been gone for almost 6 hours now... leaving behind her 8 one week old kittens in my closet. I am hoping, hoping, hoping she comes back because taking care of 8 kittens would be a crazy amount of extra work! They have to eat like every 2-3 hours and you have to stimulate their bowel movements. They've been sleeping since she left and I read that it's best to let them sleep. I guess I should go to bed now because they will most likely be up and hungry soon. Ugh.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#11 of 14 Old 08-01-2014, 08:22 PM

Yikes!!! I hope she comes back!
#12 of 14 Old 08-02-2014, 05:06 AM - Thread Starter

She came back at 11:30!!! I was VERY happy to hear that meow outside my window. I can't believe the kittens slept for 8-9 hours! When she went in to feed them, they totally freaked out. It was kind of cute
boscopup and DuchessTergie like this.

#13 of 14 Old 08-02-2014, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagnew View Post
She came back at 11:30!!! I was VERY happy to hear that meow outside my window. I can't believe the kittens slept for 8-9 hours! When she went in to feed them, they totally freaked out. It was kind of cute
Good to hear that she came back!
#14 of 14 Old 08-02-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagnew View Post
Yay!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page