Mothering Forum banner

Discharge vs mucus plug

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  boscopup 
#1 ·
Alright so I am in panic mode lol. Pretty much this whole pregnancy I have had small amounts of yellowish sticky (almost like ewcm) but it doesn't stretch as far mucus. Is this parts of my mucus plug? Should I be concerned? I haven't been until I googled pictures of what a mucus plug looks like and it is pretty much identical except much smaller amounts and no blood or other colors in it. I'm not having contractions but it's freaking me out... Any veterans with experiences/advice?

#4 ·
I have never really worried about that this early, but around due date time I'm always checking and freaking out looking for the mucous plug as a sign of impending labor.

Once I had so much discharge I thought my water broke, went to the OB and the nurses were very nice, they said there's no amniotic fluid yet, it's too early. I think that was like at 12 weeks, but I was relieved!

#7 ·
Once I had so much discharge I thought my water broke, went to the OB and the nurses were very nice, they said there's no amniotic fluid yet, it's too early. I think that was like at 12 weeks, but I was relieved!
Some women just tend to have more discharge than others. I Donny really have any. I have had a client who had so much that we were concerned about her water breaking several times when she was 33ish weeks.

#8 ·
Ugh. Discharge. I get tons of it and it makes me crazy!!! I go through a lot of panty liners because I can't stand feeling wet.

I, too, check obsessively at the end of pregnancy for any signs of mucus plug. Totally defies reason since I know the plug mean can often mean nothing. I lost big parts of it at 35 weeks with #1 (and dilated to 3 cm), but didn't deliver until 39 weeks, and even then it was because I induced. Then with my last two babies I had ZERO mucus plug come out. Well... I assume it came out during labor, but I didn't notice it.

happy: This DDC has had a pretty good run with pink/brown/red stuff being amounting to nothing :)

#9 ·
I also started getting more of that discharge recently. It's totally normal for me though. I've had it with all of my pregnancies. Yes, you can tell the difference when your mucus plug actually comes out (and also when your water breaks... I had that happen at 29 weeks with #1 , and it was pretty obvious!).

I also had a streak of bright red blood in that discharge a little over a week ago, but nothing since then, so all seems to be well. My fundus height is getting higher and higher, and I feel movement on occasion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.