4Likes
  • 1 Post By Valerie11
  • 2 Post By forestlover75
  • 1 Post By zwitterion

#1 of 14 Old 08-26-2014, 04:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Bra recommendations for larger breasted women (E, F, G +)

So, I wear a 32 F/34 G when I am NOT pregnant and am very particular about wearing bras that fit (no more 38 DD just because that's all the regular stores sell).

My breasts have definitely grown (I am sort of freaking out - I mean how much bigger can they get???) and I now live in a less populated region of the country, so don't know where to get fitted for the right size. I have also been recommended to go straight to nursing bras.

Anyone out there in a similar situation to me. Got some recommendations? Do Bravado Bras actually provide support?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 08-26-2014, 05:32 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
@forestlover75 . I am a 36 I. And... I FEEL YOU!!!! It is so hard to buy a decent bra! When I started my baby making, I was a DD. With each pregnancy/birth, I have grown larger. But, I have a friend who was smaller after each kid, so it depends on the person I guess.

A few years ago, I found Bravado Bras. Although a little pricey (prices around $50), they have lasted me for over 4 years!!! They are still in really good shape. And I don't do anything special with them. Washer/dryer just like all my other clothes.

Here is my favorite that offers support without underwire... something I didn't know could simultaneously exist for me until I bought one!

I was thinking of getting this one after babe is born. Especially if I grow again! It's so pretty in black and purple.

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#3 of 14 Old 08-26-2014, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodieanneanton View Post
When I started my baby making, I was a DD. With each pregnancy/birth, I have grown larger.
I have to say, that is scary. I guess I can assume I am now an I or J and will stay that way forever... This will likely be our only baby (I am 38 and my husband is 45, so we probably only have the energy for one at this stage), so there may be hope for me yet. I mean, where do you go after J???

Thanks for the info about Bravado. They sell them at a little shop here, so I will go do some trying on. My favorite (non-nursing) bra is the Fantasie Smoothing Balcony Bra - also pricy, and pretty boring, but looks cute under clothes and is the only bra I wear, so changing to something new is a bit of a challenge for me!

#4 of 14 Old 08-26-2014, 07:58 AM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
I am also picky about bras and I was just doing a search on "best nursing bra" and kept coming up with Bravado results. I did find a place in town that fits you for them and you can try them on and buy, so I did that. I didn't like the original, but I loved the one I was thinking about getting, the Body Silk Seamless. Normally, I am a 36 B (not when I measure, but that's what seems to fit most often), and getting fitted for this one I was a 34 D. I also can see this one giving me room to go to DD when my breasts are full of milk. I highly recommend trying them on, because you never know what will feel the most comfortable for you. But if you were in a position where you can't try things on, I would recommend the one I just said. The resale value on eBay is almost the same price as new, so that is usually a hint that it's worth the money.

Three kids and one on the way.
#5 of 14 Old 08-27-2014, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

So do you all recommend getting a nursing bra now, or a regular bra?

#6 of 14 Old 08-27-2014, 06:37 AM

Nursing bra now. They are stretchier.

#7 of 14 Old 08-27-2014, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Lol. My recomendation is to wait to get a nursing bra until around 4 weeks post partum... Once the engorgement phase of nursing ends. The bras I bought while pregnant with my first did not fit by the time I was 1-2 months post partum because I had gained at least a full cup size by then! It was a bummer and a waste of money. With the cost of nursing bras so high, especially for larger busted women, that is my suggestion.

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#8 of 14 Old 08-27-2014, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Ha, well... that doesn't help! lol. My regular bras cost about the same as a nursing bra, maybe I will just get one. I don't know... sigh.

#9 of 14 Old 08-27-2014, 04:16 PM

I would just get the body sleek (that I already talked about), keep the box, and turn around and sell it if it one day doesn't fit, and get some of my money back. I just can't imagine any normal bras feeling this comfortable. Part of the magic is that even though the bra is stretchy, it has these two cups that you insert so your boobs still look round like you're wearing a normal padded bra.
forestlover75 likes this.

#10 of 14 Old 08-29-2014, 06:12 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I usually get some stretchy bras toward the end of pregnancy, like the Yes! brand bras that are Bravado knockoffs but much cheaper. I liked those last time, but I don't know if they still exist at all. The ugly sports bra style is great for that stage where you're changing cup size so much. Then once I settle into a long term nursing size, I get a nicer Bravado bra that looks like a normal bra. Last time, I did the Supreme. They have something similar to it now that also looked good at I think started with an 'S'. I don't like underwire, btw, so it's double hard to find a supportive bra in my size. When not pregnant, I'm a DD or DDD, so when nursing, it goes up quite a bit. And I swear I've gained a cup size with each pregnancy.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#11 of 14 Old 08-29-2014, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie11 View Post
I would just get the body sleek (that I already talked about), keep the box, and turn around and sell it if it one day doesn't fit, and get some of my money back. I just can't imagine any normal bras feeling this comfortable. Part of the magic is that even though the bra is stretchy, it has these two cups that you insert so your boobs still look round like you're wearing a normal padded bra.
Hmmm... just looked at this and I can tell that it isn't supportive enough. I noticed you are normally a B, so I can see how it would be a good choice for you as you grow. But yeah, when you are starting with a G/F, it truly is another animal. I am lucky that despite size, my breasts are a nice shape. So what I need is support, support, support!

Going to a shop today to figure something out. Anything is better than being stabbed by my too small under wire for another day!
jodieanneanton and Valerie11 like this.

#12 of 14 Old 08-29-2014, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
I am around a 34/36FF while nursing and I have two good underwire bras that are very supportive. I need some padded ones though. They just make me feel more comfortable.

Maybe I will try that bravado bliss one

Sarah- sahm to a little boy and girl with a third blessing due in Feb.
#13 of 14 Old 08-29-2014, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh... went shopping today and nothing fit. Not sure what I am going to do.

#14 of 14 Old 08-30-2014, 06:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Popping in--I hope you don't mind. I haven't officially joined this group and am just reading along.

Anita. I loved my Anita nursing bras at 34G. Very supportive. A bit of a splurge but very worth it. I found mine at Nordstrom, if you have one near you. I also hear that Nordstrom will convert any of their regular bras to a nursing bra for something like $10, but I've never looked into it.
forestlover75 likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page