Mothering Forum banner

Elimination communication?

609 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dentonmidwife 
#1 ·
Whose tried it? What have your experiences been with it?

#2 ·
I did it with DD2 from about birth through 9 months. Once she was mobile, she would refuse to sit on the potty at all. I kept with it for a few weeks of this annoying refusal figuring it was just the newness of crawling. But, I got really tired of trying and following her around to watch for cues. Didn't do it with my third, though I considered it... And again I am considering it, but unsure.

#3 ·
Considering it, considering I'll be home with this little one, whereas with the boys the single working mom thing prevented me from having that constant level of interaction.
My husband swears he trained his son by getting him to pee on newspaper just when he started to walk (which was pretty early). Not sure how I sit with that one for this little tyke, but... I gotta admit, it's clever!

#4 ·
I did it with my last starting at 2 weeks. He was fully potty trained by two, but did have three regressions with moves over the next year. I did it more on timing than just cues because that was easier for me, so we did occasionally have wet or poopy diapers. I will say cleaning the potty was much easier than cleaning smooshed toddler poop off his hiney.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.