January Chat (Feb DDC) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

87Likes

#31 of 321 Old 01-07-2015, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Cowchick, I get the same thing. I have actually heard very small popping sounds and then later damp undies. I know it isn't discharge and the smell is unmistakable. For my previous 2, labor kicked off with my water breaking but the popping sound was incredibly loud and the fluid just gushed. I'm personally not worried about little leaks because fetal movement is good and I see my midwife weekly. The dampness doesn't persist either. If it is a tiny leak it can heal up on its own. That being said, PROM is no joke....
http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/prom.html

Last edited by DuchessTergie; 01-07-2015 at 04:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 321 Old 01-07-2015, 05:10 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
My bp went up to 156/111 yesterday afternoon, right after the OB's office closed. I had to call the answering service, and it took the OB about 20 minutes to get back to me. By that time, I was 167/108, so diastolic was coming down at least. OB had me take a little more of my meds and see what happened. Funny thing... Shortly after getting off the phone, I was down to 150/92! I even dipped into normal range a half hour after that, but then later came back up at bed time. I watched some tv in bed with DH, then started feeling really bad again, so I checked my bp, thinking it was going higher. Nope! It had dropped to normal. Diastolic went from 102 to 87 in 45 minutes. No wonder I was feeling so bad! It's back up this morning, but I have an OB appointment after lunch. It sounds like he'll go ahead and add a beta blocker. Hopefully that brings things down and I can function again in life! I've basically been on the couch all week because my bp was high enough to make me tired and want to lie down (OB has not ordered bed rest).

Throughout all this, the octopus was having a party, so at least I know she's fine.

I did get some knitting progress done last night. I was half done making mittens to match a hat I already made, and I was thinking these looked like giant mittens for a newborn. Then I checked the pattern again... I had double the stitches that I was supposed to have! Ha! So I pulled it all out and started over. Now they are correct size for an itty bitty baby. I'm just only about 3/4" into them (knitting two at a time on one needle). This is what happens when I try to reengineer the pattern to be finger tip up instead of cuff down. I can't for the life of me do math while pregnant!
#33 of 321 Old 01-07-2015, 05:12 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I have only gained around 13 lbs so far. Then I lost 3 of that when I had a stomach bug a couple weeks ago. I have finally gained back the 3lbs though. I am way overweight and contributing it to that. I know my midwife does want me gaining more.

#34 of 321 Old 01-07-2015, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Lost my mucus plug this afternoon! So I'm not sure if Bean is going to make it to his Feb due date? I was incredibly emotional and weepy all morning and have had a lot of back pain, gaining in intensity until this evening when baby gave a huge squirm and the back pain has eased. I'm getting contractions but no more than I've had all week. Hoping not to go into labour just yet, I've not got everything ready! And I'm too sore to do it. I'm thinking about checking my cervix, I've not done it before but can't be that difficult?

Sarah, slightly crunchy Mummy to 5 (youngest with T21)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#35 of 321 Old 01-07-2015, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
@Silverbirch !!! WOW!!! That's exciting! You could try checking your cervix. I have had luck checking while pregnant when my cervix moves anterior (which happens closer to labor). But it won't necessarily tell you much! You could walk around dilated to 3 (or more!) for Weeks. And the mucus plug can regrow if it is not time. But maybe it is time! Ahhhh!

Soooo exciting we are getting close enough that it could be ANYONE ANYTIME!!!
happyday8598 and Silverbirch like this.

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#36 of 321 Old 01-07-2015, 09:37 PM

I find it is easiest to check my cervix while sitting on the toilet. I tried checking last week after I had a bunch of BH. My cervix is still pretty high though.
#37 of 321 Old 01-08-2015, 04:50 AM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
I tried checking mine a few days ago and it was way too high to even find. My fingers weren't long enough. So I guess that means no where near ready.

Four children. Just welcomed our newest member on 2/12!
#38 of 321 Old 01-08-2015, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbirch View Post
Lost my mucus plug this afternoon! So I'm not sure if Bean is going to make it to his Feb due date? I was incredibly emotional and weepy all morning and have had a lot of back pain, gaining in intensity until this evening when baby gave a huge squirm and the back pain has eased. I'm getting contractions but no more than I've had all week. Hoping not to go into labour just yet, I've not got everything ready! And I'm too sore to do it. I'm thinking about checking my cervix, I've not done it before but can't be that difficult?
How exciting @Silverbirch !!! Keep us posted!

Mama to a dd 10/05; ds 3/09, dd 2/15 and two angels. Expecting another miracle 7/16!
#39 of 321 Old 01-08-2015, 08:13 AM

Still here
The back pain has lessened but I can't move around much. The pressure of his head on my pelvis is too much. I know I walked around, 3cm dilated or more for 2 weeks with my last baby, so yes, it might be a while off yet.
I'm much more emotionally stable today, thank goodness! Yesterday was horrible.
I said to my friend, today, " I'll call you if anything happens" she replied "not If, ....When! something happens" . Eek, she's right. Whether it's tonight or in 4 weeks, the inevitable is fast approaching
Valerie11 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#40 of 321 Old 01-08-2015, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
So exciting, Silverbirch! Are you getting good care now? I recall some issue with a local OB but I could be way off the mark here.

So, when someone goes into labor do they start this own thread? Sooooo excited to MDC-stalk everyone!!

I cried most of the morning. I think it is hormonal and because of my insomnia. I think meeting with my doulas last night stirred me up a bit, but in a good way. I'm off to watch that beautiful Leboyer video for the umpteenth time. I'd love to bathe my baby like that.
#41 of 321 Old 01-08-2015, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Hello everyone! I have missed you. I forgot my password and Mothering wouldn't let me reset it. Magically it worked when I tried to reset it today. Yay!
Silverbirch likes this.

#42 of 321 Old 01-08-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbirch View Post
ohmygosh! keep us updated!!

#43 of 321 Old 01-08-2015, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Had my appt today and it went well. Baby is head down but still floating high. I'm 1cm and 25% effaced (which of course means nothing, although I don't remember being effaced so early before). I won't get my gbs test results until the next appt.

The kids asked to listen to the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack this evening and are now singing everything they say

I am going to watch some natural birth videos tonight to try to get myself over this awful anxiety about the pain. I'm afraid if I don't reach that point where I am totally excited about labor that I will fight the contractions when they start. I don't want to go into labor dreading every contraction because that tension makes it hurt more. Last time I was good and relaxed, and didn't reach that "Nooo! Not another contraction!" point until half way into transition.
jodieanneanton likes this.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#44 of 321 Old 01-09-2015, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagnew View Post
Had my appt today and it went well. Baby is head down but still floating high. I'm 1cm and 25% effaced (which of course means nothing, although I don't remember being effaced so early before). I won't get my gbs test results until the next appt.

The kids asked to listen to the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack this evening and are now singing everything they say

I am going to watch some natural birth videos tonight to try to get myself over this awful anxiety about the pain. I'm afraid if I don't reach that point where I am totally excited about labor that I will fight the contractions when they start. I don't want to go into labor dreading every contraction because that tension makes it hurt more. Last time I was good and relaxed, and didn't reach that "Nooo! Not another contraction!" point until half way into transition.
Phantom is a favorite around here. I am really conservative with what media/tv/movies are allowed in the house. But Phantom? My kids watch it on Netflix. I just fast forward through the murdering part.

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#45 of 321 Old 01-09-2015, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Hi everyone. My fraternal twin boys Gideon and Elliot were born on - 12/28 at 32+6. I had a vaginal birth, they were four minutes apart. They are in the NICU, but doing well. They only had breathing assistance and IVs for the first 24 hours. Now they are just "feeder growers" and need to learn to eat orally before they can come home.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!

EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#46 of 321 Old 01-09-2015, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iixivboots View Post
My fraternal twin boys Gideon and Elliot were born on - 12/28
Wonderful! It's possible you have the very first babies to be born in this DDC. Congratulations!

Four children. Just welcomed our newest member on 2/12!
#47 of 321 Old 01-09-2015, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi everyone. My fraternal twin boys Gideon and Elliot were born on - 12/28 at 32+6. I had a vaginal birth, they were four minutes apart. They are in the NICU, but doing well. They only had breathing assistance and IVs for the first 24 hours. Now they are just "feeder growers" and need to learn to eat orally before they can come home.

Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#48 of 321 Old 01-09-2015, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:

CONGRATS!!!! The very first babies of the DDC I believe. Yay!
#49 of 321 Old 01-09-2015, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeahoo!!! Congratulations!

#50 of 321 Old 01-09-2015, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Congratulations! I love love love their names! Wishing you lots of snuggles and a quick stay in the NICU!

#51 of 321 Old 01-09-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Aw! Yay and congrats!!!

#52 of 321 Old 01-09-2015, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
hi everyone. My fraternal twin boys gideon and elliot were born on - 12/28 at 32+6. I had a vaginal birth, they were four minutes apart. They are in the nicu, but doing well. They only had breathing assistance and ivs for the first 24 hours. Now they are just "feeder growers" and need to learn to eat orally before they can come home.
congrats!!!!!!

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#53 of 321 Old 01-09-2015, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
How exciting! Also love the names. Congratulations!
#54 of 321 Old 01-10-2015, 01:56 AM

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
How exciting!! Congratulations!
#55 of 321 Old 01-10-2015, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Congratulations!! I hope you get to take them home soon

#56 of 321 Old 01-10-2015, 05:47 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
And, an extra gift... You can claim 'em on your taxes for the whole year! What good little boys you have already! I secretly hoped ours would make its arrival one of the last few days of December. I got over it, but... that sure is an extra little perk!
DuchessTergie likes this.

#57 of 321 Old 01-10-2015, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Congratulations!!!
#58 of 321 Old 01-10-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
What great news!! Congratulations! Love the names, too. Elliot is my brother's middle name. Gideon is just so strong. Wonderful!

Mama to a dd 10/05; ds 3/09, dd 2/15 and two angels. Expecting another miracle 7/16!
#59 of 321 Old 01-10-2015, 02:31 PM

I think i am beginning to experience something close to nesting. Not full out yet by any means. I bought a bin to put all of baby's things in that i have bought and have been gifted. It was nice to realize I am in pretty good shape. We have DF's office shower this week. I already feel like I don't need any more newborn stuff. So, I hope we don't receive too much of that. I hate to be wasteful. And since much of what i bought came from zulily, it definitely isn't going back!

Let's see, a few more cloth diapers and I will be set there. I bought a moses basket and extra mattress cover. Then a stand came up and I bought that. Kohls is having a super baby salef you combine 2 codes. DF saw it on Brad's deals. I missed a Britax travel system that was on sale for about $100 off because it sold out. Fortunately, I stumbled across the same one at Target today on clearance for just $1 more!

And my knitting is coming along. I screwed up on the romper I am making right now. I have to rip back on one leg all the way to just before the gusset. But since the inseam is a whopping 4 inches, it's not a ton of work.

Anyway, feeling pretty good! Got in touch with the contractor I need to do some work before I move back into my house and he will be able to start next week. Thank goodness. Feeling a little nervous about actually living with DF. It feels so unreal. I guess because it's my second committed relationship (my crappy marriage being my first relevant one) and because we dated years ago.

Enough rambling for now. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

#60 of 321 Old 01-10-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Congrats! I am glad everything went well and hope you will get to take them home soon.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page