pre labor/ labor - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

87Likes

#61 of 332 Old 01-31-2015, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Been having mild contractions for about an hour now. Trying to relax and slow them down. Most of the actual pain is in my back but I can physically see my uterus tightening with each one. I'm in Dallas so I better not go into labor tonight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 332 Old 01-31-2015, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Okay they've mostly stopped. False alarm.
#63 of 332 Old 02-01-2015, 12:54 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
They might pick up tonight, Bren when you are in bed
Prolonged prelabour is not unheard of in first pregnancies but is more unusual. I think you might be closer than you think

As for me, sigh..still here at 40 weeks.
Prelabour has upped a notch and now some kind of sleep deprivation torture. Contractions too big to ignore wake me every night and make sleep impossible. They randomly start and stop during the day. I've been frightening myself reading stories of ultra quick labours online following long prelabours....my last was 3 hrs.
I have bowel clear-outs every few days (tmi) but still no established labour! I'm thinking either he will arrive very suddenly Or the reason he has not come yet is because he is malaligned and needs to reposition?
Well, at least he is now full term. He will also be a February baby now! I've not got one of those
gabeyho likes this.

Sarah, slightly crunchy Mummy to 5 (youngest with T21)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#64 of 332 Old 02-01-2015, 01:30 AM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alivewithyou View Post
I just hate being so inexperienced and not knowing what is going on but I am trying to just follow my instincts and stay calm with it all.
I agree with what ForestLover said, but also, this is my fourth and I'm still learning. And still super scared and anxious of what's to come. Even having been through this three times, I have no idea what's going to happen and will also just have to deal with it when the time comes.
forestlover75 likes this.

Four children. Just welcomed our newest member on 2/12!
#65 of 332 Old 02-01-2015, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbirch View Post
He will also be a February baby now! I've not got one of those
Good point. Those of us who have not had babies yet have just guaranteed a February baby as of today!

#66 of 332 Old 02-01-2015, 05:00 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Here's hoping February babies for all!!

I think I'm moving closer to labor. Baby has definitely dropped in the past 24 hours, and I've been having contractions pretty consistently at 10 minutes apart since about 2am. Around 7am I can say I officially lost my mucous plug. A rush of energy last night left me nesting, and I woke for a few hours this morning to do some final nesting.

And we're ready. Come on baby!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#67 of 332 Old 02-01-2015, 05:22 AM

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Having contractions here too. Haven't timed them because I am assuming it's just prodromal stuff. If it's not I will know eventually!

My digestive system has been screwy for a few days. Had diahrrea last night.

Still don't think baby is in a good position. Head was in my hip last night.
happyday8598 likes this.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#68 of 332 Old 02-01-2015, 05:23 AM

Ooh, Happyday! Keep us posted if you can

#69 of 332 Old 02-01-2015, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagnew View Post
Having contractions here too. Haven't timed them because I am assuming it's just prodromal stuff. If it's not I will know eventually!

My digestive system has been screwy for a few days. Had diahrrea last night.

Still don't think baby is in a good position. Head was in my hip last night.
I could have written your post, Corrie!
Although I wonder now if my bowel movements are down to gastroenteritis since my 6 yr old started with diarrhoea this morning

Good luck everyone!

#70 of 332 Old 02-01-2015, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
So many exciting posts! I will live vicariously through all of you while I walk around for the entirety of the month with a fully engaged baby and probably half way dilated but not in labor. Lol.

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
#71 of 332 Old 02-01-2015, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 418 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
@forestlover75 : thank you for your amazing perspective! I am definitely learning to relax and just trust in my body and my baby. Definitely don't want to go crazy in the next month. I think I will skip a cervical check at my appointment on Tuesday.
@Valerie11 : good to know that even experienced moms don't always know fully what their bodies are doing lol. And I don't know I could see me going overdue into March possibly lol.

No labor signs here anymore. Just been enjoying my weekend and trying to get my lower back spasms to calm down. This baby has gotten so heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

Charli (DD 2/13/2015)

Pregnant with #2 - Due Date 12/15/2016

#72 of 332 Old 02-01-2015, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
@alivewithyou , I am jealous you are getting some practice in. I have zero signs of anything happening other than the fact that baby has dropped some (into a posterior position it seems... sigh). My midwives told me they won't check until I am 41 weeks. When I went in to see my back-up nurse midwives last week for GBS testing, I asked to be checked and she said no too! She said, "No I don't want to do that - if you aren't progressed you'll be disappointed, and if you are it doesn't mean anything. It could still be weeks". I felt so caught, because as a birth worker, I know this, but as a first time mom, I just want some glimpse of "knowing" what is happening!

#73 of 332 Old 02-03-2015, 03:34 PM

Went to OB this morning. Whatever that measurement is called where they measure from your pubic bone to the top of the uterus went down to 35 (from 38), so baby is moving down. I can really feel it in the last two days when I walk, feels like the baby is right on top of my bladder and cervix. Went from -3 station two weeks ago to -1. Went from 1 cm dilated to 2 cm. And went from 0% effaced to 50% effaced. I would really love to make it to the 11th, seems highly possible at this rate.

#74 of 332 Old 02-04-2015, 04:48 AM

Alright- who's up next?!

I was blown away by the process of the labor. I had no memory of the pain from my previous pregnancies. Looking back at myself and the fears that arose during labor, I can see that I had nothing to fear the whole time. It's painful! It's exhausting! I doubted I could do it several times during the labor. The pain didn't linger between contractions, so that was helpful to collect myself mentally. I thought she was never going to come. But one moment, she did. And the preparation for that moment was understood and deeply appreciated. It's fucking AWESOME!

Isn't that funny, ForestLover. That curiousity about whats actually happening- maybe it's more the anticipation that you're moving closer to the climax that gets every one of us!

#75 of 332 Old 02-04-2015, 05:28 AM

Mentioned: 418 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
I declined a cervix check this week and so far seem pretty stable so I think I am in for a while longer. Good news is baby is 37 weeks today and already measuring 7 lbs.

gabeyho likes this.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

Charli (DD 2/13/2015)

Pregnant with #2 - Due Date 12/15/2016

#76 of 332 Old 02-04-2015, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Today I turned 37 weeks (term!) AND lost my mucus plug! For weeks I haven't been able to walk above a snail's pace or I get stabby cervical pain that stops me in my tracks, so I guess something really has been happening! Such a tease though, since I know it could still be 3-5 more weeks. My intuition tells me I'll go at least to my due date, although DH and I both had dreams in the last couple days about the baby coming early. I've had several of them, actually, but still feeling like I have a few weeks ahead of me.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#77 of 332 Old 02-04-2015, 09:26 AM

I can't wait to see who's next! I am certain it won't be me. I'll be 37 weeks on Saturday and likely have the whole month to wait out. Although, a little earlier would be much appreciated this time!

#78 of 332 Old 02-04-2015, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I also lost my mucus plug this morning. I am only 36+4, but have had a feeling for a long time this baby will come early. Nothing really happening yet (although I am having a contraction as I type this).

I am sooooo hungry and sooooo tired. I did not sleep well Sunday or Monday nights.

I have no diapers or clothes washed. Needless to say, the washer is going now. It's a stackable, so, once this wash cycle is done. I am going to put everything in the dryer and take a nap.

But I still have something's to finish for work!!! So, I have prayed that I will have enough time to do each of those things (plus pack!) before things get going strong.

Looks like I will miss my office shower on Friday. :-(

Mama to a dd 10/05; ds 3/09, dd 2/15 and two angels. Expecting another miracle 7/16!
#79 of 332 Old 02-04-2015, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Ooh, @honeybunmom , keep us posted! You might get that Friday shower yet, though, eh?

I am 40w3d today and having to really work to keep the impatience at bay. Lots of menstrual-ish cramping, but it comes and goes without any real ramp-up over the last couple of days. A little bit of mucus shedding, with a little bit of brown blood... but only a LITTLE, and my impatient self says "Hmph!" Need to give it at least a week before I REALLY start wondering when the heck this child will make her appearance! Calm down, Tee, there is plenty of time still.
jodieanneanton likes this.

She's here! Baby Yoshiko arrived on 2/7/15, and now we are a family of five.
#80 of 332 Old 02-04-2015, 12:09 PM

@TeeThatsMe I could have written your exact post (minus the brown blood). So I will just save time and say, "Ditto!".

40+2 is too early to be feeling so impatient!

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#81 of 332 Old 02-04-2015, 01:22 PM

I'm fearful of going into labor any time soon. But I know that if I make it to my due date and it still hasn't happened that I will start getting impatient and trying all sorts of things to bring labor on. I'm about 38+4 today. If I didn't have other kids that need watching, it wouldn't matter when.

#82 of 332 Old 02-04-2015, 06:21 PM

Hmmm. I've been having some very mild contractions that are timeable, lots of pressure and discomfort in general, and a noticeable increase in discharge. Could be something... the closest thing I've had to maybe being the real deal so far! I even non-nonchalantly reminded my mom to keep her phone on.

If this isn't it, I'm going to be a total nutter tomorrow

Going to try to go to bed early.
happyday8598 and gabeyho like this.

#83 of 332 Old 02-04-2015, 09:28 PM

I hope you have exiting news to give us in the morning!

#84 of 332 Old 02-05-2015, 02:15 AM

I'm still having light contractions but was able to sleep most of the night. Just went to the bathroom and I've got some pink stuff coming. I'm going to get up now and see if I can get things to pick up. I still think baby is posterior and that might be why contractions are stuck mild and 7 minutes apart.

#85 of 332 Old 02-05-2015, 03:33 AM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Cagnew, how's it going today?

My first midwife said true labor comes on with a bit of "voodoo magic," meaning as soon as you do that one *thing* labor will kick into high gear. An old coworker told me to look at my calendar and pick the worst day to have a baby and voila! Thrice over, both of these elements were true. My own voodoo magic has been buying TUMS and having true peace in my heart that baby will come when ready. Without fail they have come that day.

As far as the "worst" day-- yep. My friend that was going to watch my kids in labor planned a weekend trip out of town. I assured her no labor would be happening and I could totally dog sit her dog. And I was hosting a Belgian waffle bar baby shower that morning for a friend. Sure enough.... At least I came home to waffle batter to feed 15 and literally 10 pounds of fresh berries.
#86 of 332 Old 02-05-2015, 03:47 AM

A waffle bar baby shower!?!?! I need you for a friend!! The morning of our labor we made Belgian waffles, too. How ironic is that?

Cagnew... YES! For me, taking a walk kicked me from the early morning "could this be the day" labor contractions that were 10 mins apart to 7-8 for a while, then another walk brought me to active labor. I'm hoping today is your day!

I feel so odd jumping from feeling complete sadness for Dentons news to joy for Cagnew. Holding a space in this thread and post for Denton.
Holding a space for Cagnew, too.

Life. The joy and sadness juxtaposition is being felt in a big way right now.

#87 of 332 Old 02-05-2015, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Okay, I had a TMI experience this morning, but if I can't post about it here, where can I?

I got out of bed and went to use the bathroom, and when I sat down on the toilet I immediately heard a trickle, but I am about 95% sure it wasn't me peeing. Anyway, I had no sensation that it was. So I stood up and looked, and the water in the bowl was clear with some whitish stuff in it--not the usual bright yellow pregnant lady morning pee.

So I have no idea if what happened his morning was leaking waters or some other weird fluke kind of thing.

I'm just 37 weeks and a first-timer so I feel like surely it couldn't have been my waters leaking...right? But on the other hand, I've been having menstrual type cramps since Sunday and yesterday the baby visibly dropped even lower. I don't know!!
gabeyho likes this.

#88 of 332 Old 02-05-2015, 07:07 AM

@knittygritty , call your OB or midwife and let them know that you think you may be leaking fluid. I think if it's a small leak that you should be fine, but if it's a gush, you'll want to make sure that your body goes into labor soon. They would know much more about this than I would. Like, I know a doctor would want you to deliver soon, but a midwife might be more lax about it, I'm not sure.

#89 of 332 Old 02-05-2015, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
@knittygritty , sounds like amniotic fluid. Depending on your care provider they may put you on a clock from the time the bags break or leak to when they want baby born. If the liquid was clear (i.e. no meconium) and you are GBS negative, you are likely fine to let labor start naturally. Sometimes the bag seals back up too - but no baths, no sex, and decline vaginal exams until labor is in high gear. You should contact your care provider, unless you think they will get interventionist, in which case, best to take a shower, eat some food, rest a bit and see if labor starts then give a ring in a couple of hours (labor or none). Whatever you choose to do, follow your instincts - but do avoid vaginal exams. If they insist on checking you, request they use a speculum.

#90 of 332 Old 02-05-2015, 07:33 AM

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Huh. I called my midwife's office and they said that based on my description/being 37 weeks, that it's probably not amniotic fluid and more likely that I'm losing my mucus plug and it's just really thin. Makes sense, as I've also noticed an increase in discharge the last few days. So I'm just to keep an eye on things for now.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page