*~*~*~*~* December 2014 DDC Roll Call Thread! *~*~*~*~* - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

#151 of 170 Old 07-26-2014, 05:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello everyone! Total newbie here...
Expecting our first near the end of December! Little mans due date is 12/20 but we will see how that goes!
KatelynRose likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 170 Old 07-26-2014, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Welcome @fkreye ! Woo another little boy in the group
We have a lot of girls coming in December heehehehe

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#153 of 170 Old 07-28-2014, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkreye View Post
Hello everyone! Total newbie here...
Expecting our first near the end of December! Little mans due date is 12/20 but we will see how that goes!
Hey there, I'm a newbie too and my dd is 20/12 too

I'm kind of hoping mine will make an appearance a week early or a week late haha.

Delia

*******Feeling blessed******IVF Success****** Darling baby boy is due in Dec 2014*****
#154 of 170 Old 07-29-2014, 03:00 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just realized I never introduced myself on this thread....

I live with my husband D in Vancouver, although I'm English and he's American. We've had one missed miscarriage (11.5 weeks) and I think one very early miscarriage too, and now seem to be growing a healthy baby! Fingers crossed!! This will be my first child, while D helped bring up his ex-partner's two children (teenagers now). Due December 8th, though D is convinced it will arrive earlier and I think it will be later. We're hoping for a natural home birth if everything seems to be going smoothly.
Chapsie likes this.
#155 of 170 Old 07-29-2014, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJB View Post
Just realized I never introduced myself on this thread....

I live with my husband D in Vancouver, although I'm English and he's American. We've had one missed miscarriage (11.5 weeks) and I think one very early miscarriage too, and now seem to be growing a healthy baby! Fingers crossed!! This will be my first child, while D helped bring up his ex-partner's two children (teenagers now). Due December 8th, though D is convinced it will arrive earlier and I think it will be later. We're hoping for a natural home birth if everything seems to be going smoothly.

We are due date buddies! I'm also due the 8th, but I usually go 8-9 days "late." welcome!
SaraJB likes this.

RN, IBCLC. DS is 5, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
#156 of 170 Old 08-03-2014, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey ladies! I'm a newbie to the Mothering DDCs.
My name is Maria, I'm pregnant with our 4th baby (a GIRL!). We have 2 boys and 1 little lady already.
My due date is Dec 17!
Chapsie likes this.

Stay at home mommy to Jack, Ben, Marjorri and baby due Dec 2014!
Married to my sweetheart since 2007!
#157 of 170 Old 08-03-2014, 06:10 PM

Hello! U guys may not remember me. Its been months! My name is kimmy. Im from Eastern MI. 22 yrs old. Expecting my first baby Dec. 2nd Not sure what im having yet cuz my baby was being stubborn like his momma lol
nsmomtobe and Chapsie like this.
#158 of 170 Old 08-08-2014, 03:05 PM

EDD: December 31st
Your name: Kelli
State or Country: Arizona
How long it took to you to get your BFP: complicated, I was told last year I was infertile, worked with an amazing doctor after that and we realized even though I wasn't ready for another baby, it wasn't safe for a baby to get pregnant either, so we got my health back in order and as soon as I was given the go-ahead that it was safe, we had a little surprise for our boys! I was stunned it happened like that, but he really did give me my health back.
What number child is this for you: 3
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Partner Joe, Sage 7, Orion 4, and an angel baby who would be almost 3.
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): third boy!!
Birth Plans/Preferences: After having to leave my homebirth midwife we had last time to plan a natural hospital birth because of a blood clotting issue, we just got it all cleared up and the OB came in grinning after my follow-up from the perinatologist saying "Kelli....!! Kelli!!! Are you off the Heparin?! Are you having your homebirth like I told you!? Tell me I get to discharge you back to your midwife....!" (Me: "Yep!) "Yay!! I knew it would be good news! Do you feel confident about that after talking it through with Dr. E? I just knew we could make this happen!" Ok so seriously, its old hat to us to homebirth, but after such stress, and limbo, and dread (until we met this awesome OB and midwife practice) it's a big deal to get back our homebirth plans.
Anything else you'd like to share: I'm almost finished with my childbirth educator certification, and aspire to be a midwife one distant day. And my husband and I partnered up with an amazing woman in our area last year to teach free local classes called "The Foreskin & Circumcision; Facts You Need to Know to Make an Informed Decision." The information on both sides is just not out there enough or clear, and circumcision needs to be taken seriously and cautiously and foreskin development needs to be understood because doctors in the US are simply not taught this stuff yet. We want to see all kids kept safe and cared for properly, and right now less than 2% of doctors who deal with pediatrics can give accurate foreskin care information OR adequate circumcision wound care information because medical texts haven't been updated since the 1800s on this topic. So if you need any info, at all, on any part of this topic, I'm your lady. I have a big heart for babies and moms and I'm always grateful to help in any way you need. Oh, and I'm an open book if you can't tell
DBurri likes this.
#159 of 170 Old 08-08-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galatea View Post
EDD December 15<br>
Your Name: Lillian<br>
State or Country: Pittsburgh<br>
How long it took to you to get your BFP: 4 cycles/3 months<br>
What number child is this for you: 5<br>
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): dh Adam and four kids in my siggy<br>
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I'd like another girl but am pretty sure it is a boy bc that is what dh's family makes.<br>
Birth Plans/Preferences: Really unsure. My HB MW moved away and my other MW options are a 40 minute drive (and I have 2-3 hour labors.)<br>
Blog, website or the like: <a href="http://www.moralogous.com" target="_blank">www.moralogous.com</a><br>
Anything else you'd like to share: I felt ovulation on both sides and had a premonition I am having two boys!
Is moralogous YOUR website? Are you really THAT Lillian!? Because I have to be honest, I use your articles in class often and I'm feeling pretty star-struck at the moment!
#160 of 170 Old 08-08-2014, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageKelli View Post
Is moralogous YOUR website? Are you really THAT Lillian!? Because I have to be honest, I use your articles in class often and I'm feeling pretty star-struck at the moment!
Yes, it is indeed me. Which articles are the best received?

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#161 of 170 Old 08-09-2014, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
So I just realized I had never responded to this!

EDD: December 15th
Your Name: Adrienne
State or Country: Virginia
How long it took to you to get your BFP: 2 cycles
What number child is this for you: 1
Family: husband (John), stepdaughter who lives in Massachusetts, 1 dog, 3 cats
Baby's Gender: Just found out it's a girl!
Birth Plans/Preferences: Right now I'm with a group of hospital midwives but have been seriously considering switching to local out-of-hospital birth center.

#162 of 170 Old 08-14-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
Yes, it is indeed me. Which articles are the best received?
After we teach the functions and development of the foreskin, and then the methods of circumcision, pain relief options, and all the science and facts out of the way, we discuss culture and emotion. "I'm circumcised and I'm Fine" particularly the quote of the female anthropologist defending circumcision for both genders really hits home esp when we couple it with a youtube video of women defending female circ and men in the US defending male circ, both can't give reasons but insist its just better and normal. That juxtaposition seems to open lots of eyes and hearts, right while their jaws are still on the floor from the previous information. I also find the article "He doesn't even look circumcised" helpful in different settings, but often to illustrate that parents really must choose a method and style so they are equipt to face the complications specific to their son's circumstance, like a tight versus loose circumcision and how different wound care and watching for complications long term must be, the difference in sexual complications and so on, or they at least must find out what style will be used. The thing is, when parents cut its almost always blindly with little information and under the impression that its a minor procedure and always done the same, cut on the dotted line if you will. When they have to choose which risks they prefer in method and which in style they see this needs to be taken seriously and so far of all the parents who came to us looking to cut, even the Jewish couples, (127 couples so far) after researching, despite the fact that we heavily cover circumcision options and risk reduction, not one has cut their child. Not one. Informed consent is all it is but the science and logic speak for themselves and your writting helps me guide them past their cultural blinders to see their own brilliant, shiney, sane sense of logic and rationality.
#163 of 170 Old 08-15-2014, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I played it cool (I think), but I was totally star-struck when you posted this:

Quote:
Quoteriginally Posted by NSmomtobe 

I'm really glad you are here.  Congratulations!  
I couldn't tell if you recognized me from my intactivism or you were just being friendly. I decided it was the latter.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)

Last edited by nsmomtobe; 08-15-2014 at 05:56 PM.
#164 of 170 Old 08-15-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageKelli View Post
so far of all the parents who came to us looking to cut, even the Jewish couples, (127 couples so far) after researching, despite the fact that we heavily cover circumcision options and risk reduction, not one has cut their child. Not one. Informed consent is all it is but the science and logic speak for themselves and your writting helps me guide them past their cultural blinders to see their own brilliant, shiney, sane sense of logic and rationality.
That's amazing! Congratulations!
SageKelli likes this.

#165 of 170 Old 08-15-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmomtobe View Post
I played it cool (I think), but I was totally star-struck when you posted this:

I couldn't tell if you recognized me from my intactivism or you were just being friendly. I decided it was the latter.
Too many quote levels for me to follow. Do we know each other? I'm sorry!!
#166 of 170 Old 08-16-2014, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Too many quote levels for me to follow. Do we know each other? I'm sorry!!
I know that quote made no sense. I was just excited when you greeted me because I recognized your username from the Diaperswappers "top ten reasons" thread. Then I got even more excited when I realized you ran the moralogous website. But I didn't expect you to know me.

#167 of 170 Old 08-16-2014, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmomtobe View Post
I know that quote made no sense. I was just excited when you greeted me because I recognized your username from the Diaperswappers "top ten reasons" thread. Then I got even more excited when I realized you ran the moralogous website. But I didn't expect you to know me.
Ahhhhhh. Thank you for explaining!

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#168 of 170 Old 08-20-2014, 06:52 PM

Hi ladies, I'm brand new to the forums and happy to meet you all!

Name: Heather
EDD: December 22
State or Country: near Beacon, NY
How long it took to you to get your BFP: amazingly, it happened in ONE try at the age of 41, via IUI with donor sperm
Baby's gender: it's a boy!
What number child is this for you: 1
Birth Plans/Preferences: hoping for a natural hospital birth, but I still have a lot to learn
Family: just me and my 3 furbabies, triplet kitties I rescued almost 2 years ago
Anything else: I'm a single mom by choice
#169 of 170 Old 08-20-2014, 11:44 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
@moonflea , welcome and congratulations! I conceived my second baby via IUI w/ donor sperm as a single mother.

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#170 of 170 Old 08-21-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlspn View Post
@moonflea , welcome and congratulations! I conceived my second baby via IUI w/ donor sperm as a single mother.
Good to "meet" you @girlspn !

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page