Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   December 2014 Due Date Club (http://www.mothering.com/forum/17594-december-2014-due-date-club/)
-   -   *~*~*~*~Spotlight on Apeydef! *~*~*~*~ (http://www.mothering.com/forum/17594-december-2014-due-date-club/1430978-spotlight-apeydef.html)

Chapsie 07-08-2014 10:28 PM

*~*~*~*~Spotlight on Apeydef! *~*~*~*~

14 Attachment(s)
Ok, I'm a poop head and totally forgot we were starting yesterday!! I apologize MIGHTILY to Apeydef. I am so so so sorry I forgot!!!

Ok, Let's start the questions to get to know her better!

Apeydef, how did you meet your significant other?

Any special plans for your birth?

Ekatherina 07-09-2014 08:07 AM

can we ask? 😊 ok... what is ur biggest dream?

crunchymama27 07-09-2014 08:42 AM

Hi Apeydef,

RE: not feeling movement yet,
have you tried taking a quiet bath at night?

How old will your other kids be when this baby arrives?

~Alison

Galatea 07-09-2014 08:53 AM

What is your favorite book/movie/CD?

apeydef 07-09-2014 10:56 AM

@Ekatherina as corny as it sounds I feel I'm living my biggest dream right now. Almost two years ago I was able to quit work and be a stay at home mom! Now I'm pregnant with baby #3 and I always wanted lots of kids.

apeydef 07-09-2014 11:09 AM

@crunchymama27 I was taking warm baths a lot but since it's started getting hot I haven't lately. Maybe I'll try that. I did have an appointment today and heard the heartbeat and everything is fine. I'll have my gender scan in two weeks.
My kids will be 6 and 2 when the baby arrives.

@chapsie I had a vaginal birth and then a c section and now I'm going to try for a VBAC. I met my husband at work.

@galatea I don't have one particular favorite cd just favorite songs. I like classic rock, some current mainstream music, I listen to a lot if Christian contemporary music. I also love alternative music, more so from back from when grunge was popular lol like bush and those kind of bands. Haha does that tell my age? Books: I don't have a very favorite book either but I do like romance novels, and homemaking/ Christian books.
Movie: I'll be a total girl and say I loved "The notebook." "Legends of the falls" has always been a favorite though too. Lots of movies I love.

Galatea 07-09-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apeydef (Post 17794482)
@crunchymama27 I was taking warm baths a lot but since it's started getting hot I haven't lately. Maybe I'll try that. I did have an appointment today and heard the heartbeat and everything is fine. I'll have my gender scan in two weeks.
My kids will be 6 and 2 when the baby arrives.

@chapsie I had a vaginal birth and then a c section and now I'm going to try for a VBAC. I met my husband at work.

@galatea I don't have one particular favorite cd just favorite songs. I like classic rock, some current mainstream music, I listen to a lot if Christian contemporary music. I also love alternative music, more so from back from when grunge was popular lol like bush and those kind of bands. Haha does that tell my age? Books: I don't have a very favorite book either but I do like romance novels, and homemaking/ Christian books.
Movie: I'll be a total girl and say I loved "The notebook." "Legends of the falls" has always been a favorite though too. Lots of movies I love.

Hahaha - it just means we are the same age. I had a boyfriend at the time who looked like the lead singer of Bush. Have you read the Outlander series? They are good romance books.

apeydef 07-09-2014 07:09 PM

No I'll check into that.:) we are young right??

Chapsie 07-09-2014 07:31 PM

14 Attachment(s)
What job did you work before becoming a SAHM?

What's your favorite thing to do / place to go with your kids?

I am a two time VBAC mama (my first was a cesarean). You got this!! :)

maranapanda 07-09-2014 08:33 PM

What's a guilty pleasure of yours?

How did you come up with your screen name?

apeydef 07-09-2014 08:56 PM

@Chapsie I worked in retail for the same company for 9 years. I worked my way up and did a lot but this job is so much more rewarding.
We have a lot of beaches by us. I take my kids swimming all the time! The city I live in literally has a lake on every street. We go to the park, library and meet for play dates often.

@maranapanda my guilty pleasure is MDC lol and netflix. Apey is a nickname.

apeydef 07-09-2014 08:56 PM

badwolf092087 07-10-2014 08:25 AM

What's it like being a SAHM VS working full time?

apeydef 07-10-2014 09:35 AM

Working full time was hard bc I had to still do all the housework, cooking etc but work too. Also breastfeeding was a lot harder. I only made it 7 months with my first bc I was so stressed over pumping and sanitizing.
Being a SAHM is a different kind of stress though. I tend to be harder on myself if I don't do everything perfect. I find it harder to not be tempted by electronics and such. Also not ever having that break from you "job" makes it hard. When i worked I got a break and a lunch. Now I do but i still have to tend to my kids too.
I could go on forever lol

iamkateiam 07-11-2014 06:49 AM

You said you like homemaking books- are you crafty? Like decorating? Cooking/baking?

apeydef 07-11-2014 07:49 AM

Just homemaking books overall, like cleaning/organizing/cooking. I can be crafty but I don't really have the time for crafts anymore :)

goster 07-11-2014 11:38 AM

Favorite foods to cook? Anything that your kids go crazy for when you make it?

maranapanda 07-12-2014 12:09 AM

What's an example of something on your Netflix que?

Do you consider yourself shy, or outgoing?

maranapanda 07-12-2014 12:16 AM

Do you know any good jokes?

apeydef 07-12-2014 06:24 AM

@goster probably tacos for the kids I make a really good taco salad

apeydef 07-12-2014 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maranapanda (Post 17802682)
Do you know any good jokes?

No lol

apeydef 07-12-2014 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maranapanda (Post 17802658)
What's an example of something on your Netflix que?

Do you consider yourself shy, or outgoing?

I like BBC miniseries, right now I'm watching this show called the paradise.
I just finished watching, Mcleod's daughters, that was a long series!
Outgoing!!

zjande 07-12-2014 10:41 AM

I want to know exactly how you met your DH. ������ Did you catch a glimpse. Of him wandering down the hall and start drooling? Was it love at first sight? :)

maranapanda 07-12-2014 05:07 PM

Do you have a blog you'd like to share?

apeydef 07-12-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zjande (Post 17803642)
I want to know exactly how you met your DH. ������ Did you catch a glimpse. Of him wandering down the hall and start drooling? Was it love at first sight? :)

It's kind of funny bc we didn't get along at first and would argue at work. I had always thought he was cute. We were young when we met at work, 19 or 20 and we both dated other people for awhile. A couple years later, I heard he had broke up with his gf and shortly after I had broke up with my bf not long after. I then heard he got back together with his girlfriend. I walked up to him and said... Too bad you and your gf got back together I broke up with my bf. Like two days later he broke up with her. It was the end of my shift and I was talking to a friend in the phone making and for the night. He overheard and said you already got plans tonight, you're going out with me! I thought ummm ok I can I say no to that. We were together ever since and never broke up once. It turned out later we had many mutual friends/ connections as if we were meant to meat at one time in life! Oh how young we seemed when I tell that story. We were only 21 haha.

apeydef 07-12-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maranapanda (Post 17804554)
Do you have a blog you'd like to share?

I do not have a blog.

KatelynRose 07-13-2014 12:26 AM

@apeydef do you have cable? Do you restrict how much time your kids watch tv/play with electronics? I'm asking because it's something I'm becoming highly conscious of now that I'm pregnant. I noticed JB and I are quite busy on electronics since we both work on the computer all day, we are both rather addicted to the Internet (I'm here on MDC and I read articles online frequently, and JB loves to check the weather channels website every morning for the little news stories, plus we work on the computer the rest of the day). Both of us want to lead "crunchier" lifestyles, so we are realizing we might have to change our electronics habits once the baby arrives. If like to see how other mothers handle the situation hah.. :grin:

apeydef 07-13-2014 04:12 AM

I do not have cable but I do have Netflix. My oldest knows what she's allowed and not allowed to watch. I let them watch tv at certain times of the day. (Probably more than they should) morning, while I'm making dinner and sometimes before bed. With that said though, I make sure they get outside or some kind of activity everyday.

Bracha04 07-13-2014 05:43 AM

I am not very creative with questions! I finally thought of one that I hope is ok to ask:

What is the most helpful parenting advice you were ever given?

girlspn 07-13-2014 06:56 AM

Do you plan to have more kids?