• 1 Post By NewBrooklynMama
  • 1 Post By maranapanda
  • 1 Post By Ekatherina

#1 of 21 Old 07-15-2014, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
*~*~*~Spotlight on Ekatherina*~*~*~

How did you meet your significant other?

Whats your favorite thing to do with your kids?

RN, IBCLC. DS is 5, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
#2 of 21 Old 07-16-2014, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Do you farm for a living or just to feed your own family?

Where were you born?

North Idaho rural living treehugger.gif mama to: 22 yo DD, 15 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. stillheart.gif And someone new coming this Christmas! stillheart.gif

#3 of 21 Old 07-16-2014, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
@Ekatherina

RN, IBCLC. DS is 5, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
#4 of 21 Old 07-16-2014, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
What sort of birth are you planning this time? What were your other births like? How old will the children be when the baby is born?
#5 of 21 Old 07-17-2014, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
sorry ladies I tried to reply several times but everytime something went wrong...

Chapsie: I met dh at the lab where I was working and he was doing his masters....and totally fell in love from the first sight Favorite thing to do with my kids is always painting

Zjande: We must do farming for a living, but till now it's barely working to feed our family ...hope in the future we'll get better at it!
I was born in Moscow, Russia. When I was 14 we moved to Lebanon (my father's country) and after finishing my university I went to continue in Japan... Now back to Lebanon.

Crunchymama: I am planning for a homebirth like previous times. Only my first one ended up in the Japan hospital, I think mostly because of misunderstanding. But this time I am actually hoping for a water birth too!
My kids will be ds(1): 10, dd: 6, ds (2): 3....
crunchymama27 likes this.

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#6 of 21 Old 07-17-2014, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Do you have a preference for the sex of this new baby?

Are you religious?

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#7 of 21 Old 07-17-2014, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Do you have a blog?

Do you know any good jokes?

What's a guilty pleasure of yours?

How many languages do you speak?
#8 of 21 Old 07-17-2014, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
What is your favorite thing about pregnancy and birth?

How large is your farm? What is it like in Lebanon? Do you have livestock? what is your main crop?

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#9 of 21 Old 07-18-2014, 12:18 AM

Galatea: Yes! I would like another girl, a sister for dd. But of course would be just excited to see healthy baby as ever. No, I am not religious, as far as church and such, but I do talk to God sometimes when I feel lonely and down, it helps me stay connected with myself.

Maranapanda: yes I have blogs (lol!) I like blogging....I'll post the link if you are interested.

a joke? haha: a wife and her sick husband go to a doctor. After the exam doctor talks to the wife alone: your husband is very sick, so if you are really nice to him, don't ask him where he spends his time, clean and cook for him all the time, never nag on him, and treat him as good as you can for a week he'll get better. If not he will die in a month. So the wife goes out and her husband asks her: What did the doctor say? She says: He said you'll die in a month. ...I love that joke!
guilty pressure? you mean some guilt feeling? I really feel guilty on spending very little time with my kids these days. Somehow this pregnancy makes me irritable with them.....
Languages: I speak Russian, English, Arabic and Japanese very well and I speak and understand some of French.

KatelynRose: Favorite thing about pregnancy is my bigger body! I am sooo skinny usually that being so fat feels really sexy! ....About birth: finding out the gender and being pampered after it
Our farm is not very large, really don't know exactly. We have sheep, ducks, chicken, dog, rabbits, horse...what else? ah yes bees! Our main crop? mmmm I think seasonal veggies.
Lebanon is a very nice country, very diverse and touristic but the situation lately makes it largely unpredictable Explosions, the roads can get closed and you're in the middle of it, etc.....I think if it keeps like that or gets any worse we'll eventually move out....
KatelynRose likes this.

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#10 of 21 Old 07-18-2014, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
What language(s) do you speak to your children?

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#11 of 21 Old 07-18-2014, 07:34 PM

Oh I can't even imagine how it is to live amidst all the chaos! Lebanon's farmlands sound lovely, but it does seem rather treacherous because of the political/social issues going on. There is so much going on in the news lately it's hard to keep up with.. I think differently about current events and drama now that I am going to be a mother.. Like how will the world be affected for my child, what kind of world will they live in as they grow up, etc...

Thank you for your answers! I am enjoying gaining weight/curves as well, it's nice to hear someone say that.
I laughed very loudly at that joke and told it to JB as well, and he laughed just as hard. That's a good one!

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#12 of 21 Old 07-19-2014, 12:56 AM

Love your joke! Thank you
#13 of 21 Old 07-19-2014, 03:22 AM

thank u 😃love that u enjoyed the joke!
katelyn that is right i do worry about how my kids will grow up in this unstable country.... that is why we think about moving out quiet often.
i talk russian to my kids russian, but many times slip
back into arabic since its easier to speak the language that everyone speaks around 😔 i should talk russian to them all the te though so that they catch it well....
KatelynRose likes this.
#14 of 21 Old 07-19-2014, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
My dh loved your joke.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#15 of 21 Old 07-19-2014, 08:17 AM

Wow, I had to go read the part about how many languages you speak to my husband. We are both so impressed! Those languages are all so different, not even coming from the same roots. Speaking more than just English here in the states is rare for people.

Have you visited the US?

I don't know if you saw me mention in the other thread that we also raise the same animals your family does. But instead of horses we have dairy cows. We also have turkeys and geese and pigs. What breeds of sheep and rabbits do you raise?
KatelynRose likes this.

Last edited by zjande; 07-19-2014 at 12:00 PM.
#16 of 21 Old 07-19-2014, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for your generous responses, Ekatherina! Where in Lebanon do you live? I visited a few years ago and loved it. I went to Beirut and Tripoli, and spent a little time in the cedars and other sites in the country—so many ancient places, such a rich culture. Beirut is a great, fun city, but I sort of preferred Tripoli. The souks there were amazing.
KatelynRose likes this.
#17 of 21 Old 07-19-2014, 10:13 PM

Is love to read your blogs, if you'd like to share!
KatelynRose likes this.
#18 of 21 Old 07-20-2014, 02:38 AM

Thank you Galatea!

Zjande, of course I read the other thread! Sometimes I have difficulties to comment from ipod....It is so exciting to know that our lives are similar! By the way you became very popular in our house, since I keep talking about you and dh was upset when I told him about how many kids you have, since he wants more and I tell him "this is our last one!" every single time lol! He told me :"See!!! We can still have so many more!! " I am not very experienced about the breeds sorry....but I think most of them are all local (that's what they call them). I have never been to states, have so many friends there, but somehow never saw a real motive to go.....so far away....but I guess i'll visit some day. We always think of buying a cow, but change our mind every time. It is so costly here around 4000$ for one cow!

NewBrooklynmom: We live one hour from Tripoli to the north. Akkar region it is very beautiful, please come to visit next time ...I love Tripoli too, but nowadays it has become kind of dirty and unsafe....

Maranapanda: thank you for your interest. My oldest blog is :http://www.katyousha.blogspot.com/

but I rarely post there now, since I have started 2 new ones to separate farm posts from others, but they are very recent:
http://sumsumfarm.blogspot.com/

and

http://miragekatyousha.blogspot.com/

Enjoyed so much my spotlight thread, thank you everyone!
KatelynRose likes this.

#19 of 21 Old 07-20-2014, 07:22 AM

Thank you for sharing your blogs! I'm excited to go visit them...
And thank you for sharing about your life with us!

#20 of 21 Old 07-21-2014, 08:40 AM

So interesting, Ekatherina! Thank you for sharing!
#21 of 21 Old 07-21-2014, 09:26 AM

Oh wow, I just started reading your blog at http://sumsumfarm.blogspot.com/ ... I LOVE YOUR WRITINGS. I love the topics you choose, and how well you articulate your philosophies through your writing. You may now consider me a dedicated follower to your blog

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page