Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

#1 of 50 Old 07-15-2014, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Weekly Chat 7/14- 7/21

Hello ladies!!

So I had my anatomy scan yesterday, and baby looks healthy. But I got a BIG shock when they told me she was a GIRL!! (My doctor friend scanned me at work 2 weeks ago and told me he thought it was a boy). So, now I'll have one boy and THREE GIRLS and to be honest, that terrifies me a little bit! My girls are strong willed and stubborn and my son is more easy going, and I was so hoping for a boy. I am very happy to have another adorable baby girl on the way, but I am having a hard time switching gears since I thought it was a boy for two weeks!

So, now I am trying to think of another girl name and am having a tough time! And I just gave all my girl clothes away a couple of days ago (shoot!!). Guess I need to go shopping.

How is everyone else ?

RN, IBCLC. DS is 5, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
#2 of 50 Old 07-15-2014, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
oh, and also, I am definitely going through a growth spurt! I feel huge all of a sudden and my belly skin is starting to feel more stretched. I went 16 weeks without gaining any weight at all, and then in the last 3 weeks, I've gained 10 lbs! YIKES!

RN, IBCLC. DS is 5, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
#3 of 50 Old 07-15-2014, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Oh wow another girl! Congrats!

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#4 of 50 Old 07-15-2014, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow chapsie I can totally relate! Congratulations btw!!
I found out yesterday that #3 will be a girl, too, and we were also in shock. I was so sure it was a boy. Three girls scares me a little but hey, we'll make the best of it! I wanted to wait to find out but I always let my curiosity get the best of me at the anatomy scans. And honestly Im glad we did find out early bc we would have been in shock in the delivery room. Now we have time to get really excited about it
Chapsie likes this.
#5 of 50 Old 07-15-2014, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Same as you both, thought for sure this one was a boy but it's a girl! This will be my 5th! Girl!
Chapsie likes this.
#6 of 50 Old 07-15-2014, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
It's because you gave away all your girl clothes, @Chapsie !
Chapsie likes this.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#7 of 50 Old 07-15-2014, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
wow! so exciting to hear about all the girls! I'm kinda hoping this one will be a girl we won't know til next week though.

Laura ~ Mama to three wild and wonderful boys , our rainbow baby girl on 7/2/12 and expecting #5 on 12/24/14

#8 of 50 Old 07-15-2014, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
It's because you gave away all your girl clothes, @Chapsie !
Haha yea I think you jinxed yourself lol maybe the person will give them back when they hear your having a girl. If I were them I'd feel bad and offer to give then back.
#9 of 50 Old 07-15-2014, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
I got a bonus ultrasound (that's what I'm calling it since I was NOT there for one for once) since we didn't get my regular OB. I got to meet the 4th doctor in the practice finally and he is awesome! To keep things happy since there was 20 min of crying at least before that, he said, "We're doing an ultrasound. Hearing your baby's heartbeat and seeing her on the screen will help you more than you think right now." And this was after I said I feel no connection to her, hate admitting I'm this depressed, etc etc. She was sleeping, like she normally does during afternoon ultrasounds, but with her lady parts in clear view just to prove that everyone at the practice was right. Not that I doubt them, but the people at the hospital who are in charge of the testing and anatomy scan couldn't get her to show off and all of my OB's have laughed at their stupidity and lack of patience. I attached the photo, and it's clear as the sun. And of course, she's upside down.

Also got my first batch of the antidepressants. He kept telling me not to be embarassed, this happens, and it's better to take care of it now instead of waiting for the problem to be worse. I haven't needed them since we lost our son. But if it helps, I'm willing to work with them again. And on a different note, if my main OB wasn't available for Madison's birth but this one had to step in, I'm completely cool with him. The other two at the practice are nice and all, but this guy is just as down to earth as my main one. That keeps me at ease.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20weeks4days.jpg (21.3 KB, 14 views)

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#10 of 50 Old 07-15-2014, 02:41 PM

@Chapsie congrats on the girl! How's everyone taking the sex switch? Girls are tricky and sometimes pros are hiding. My parents thought I was a boy until birth because of a bad scan in the 80s, according to my mom. So until I was born, they bought mostly yellow (thank goodness) but I was suppose to be named after my dad! They thought of my whole name before the hospital would discharge me. I guess my point is, better to find out now instead of later!
@3surfboys good luck next week!
@jmay 5 girls is amazing! Sounds like my biological family, haha. Congrats!
@Laneybug congrats on your girl as well! Extra prep time is always nice. Have you told you other kids yet?

Sarah & DH Alan 

#11 of 50 Old 07-15-2014, 03:34 PM

@Chapsie I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and I felt my belly grew a lot this week too. All of a sudden I have really popped.

I scheduled my anatomy scan for next Friday. As I think I've mentioned before I have a very high deductible so I will Have to pay for all my prenatal care out of pocket. Including the ultrasound next week. I asked them for an estimated cost. $625.00. Yep you heard me right. I was expecting like $400 but not that high. The only thing that can change it is the allowed amount billed. It's basically an agreement the insurance and hospital have on pricing. So I'm hoping the allowed amount will make it a little better. Pray for me please!!!

Congrats in all the girls! I feel like I'm pregnant with a girl so we will see!
#12 of 50 Old 07-15-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
I got a bonus ultrasound (that's what I'm calling it since I was NOT there for one for once) since we didn't get my regular OB. I got to meet the 4th doctor in the practice finally and he is awesome! To keep things happy since there was 20 min of crying at least before that, he said, "We're doing an ultrasound. Hearing your baby's heartbeat and seeing her on the screen will help you more than you think right now." And this was after I said I feel no connection to her, hate admitting I'm this depressed, etc etc. She was sleeping, like she normally does during afternoon ultrasounds, but with her lady parts in clear view just to prove that everyone at the practice was right. Not that I doubt them, but the people at the hospital who are in charge of the testing and anatomy scan couldn't get her to show off and all of my OB's have laughed at their stupidity and lack of patience. I attached the photo, and it's clear as the sun. And of course, she's upside down.

Also got my first batch of the antidepressants. He kept telling me not to be embarassed, this happens, and it's better to take care of it now instead of waiting for the problem to be worse. I haven't needed them since we lost our son. But if it helps, I'm willing to work with them again. And on a different note, if my main OB wasn't available for Madison's birth but this one had to step in, I'm completely cool with him. The other two at the practice are nice and all, but this guy is just as down to earth as my main one. That keeps me at ease.
If it helps, know that I get depressed when I'm pregnant and I don't even have a real, serious reason like you do, having lost your son and being confined to bed. Don't feel bad at all. Today I laid about feeling crappy and trying to accept that I will get nothing done and will not feel normal until the baby is born.

#13 of 50 Old 07-15-2014, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
chapsie--- congratulations on another girl!

apeydef-- $625 for anatomy scan! Wow! And I thought my area was expensive, at $300. Are you hoping for a boy or girl?

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#14 of 50 Old 07-15-2014, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Wow! So many girls!
We know our little bean is a boy for sure.. I'll attach his ultrasound pic to this post it's quite obvious hahahaha (I'm showing so many people this little guy's weenie before he's born oh man)

.. WHY am I not stretching out like you guys?! I'm at 18 weeks.. Where is my little boy hiding? I've been sort of obsessing over it all day.. I mean at my midwife appointment she acted like everything was normal and told me I probably wouldn't get big until around 24-26 weeks.. But I still expect to be bigger than I am now! I honestly look like I am not even pregnant. If I didn't tell people I was pregnant they'd never guess. I don't understand how he can hide so well in there.. I guess that's why I have to pee ALL THE TIME still.. He must just be pushing my intestines around to fit inside there.

My head has been SPINNING because I've been trying to organize lists and costs of baby gear. I'm hoping these next five months go by slowwww for me so I have enough time to prepare Wince this is my first, I've been doing so much RESEARCH before I even make any moves.. Like what clothes work best, which diapers should I get, what decisions will I make about vaccinations, what are all the things I absolutely need and where should I buy them from etcectect the list goes on and on. So much thinking. It starts when I wake up and doesn't end til I'm asleep. Sometimes even in my dreams I am preparing for baby. Nuts. I'm going nuts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (296.0 KB, 7 views)

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#15 of 50 Old 07-15-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlspn View Post
chapsie--- congratulations on another girl!

apeydef-- $625 for anatomy scan! Wow! And I thought my area was expensive, at $300. Are you hoping for a boy or girl?
I have a boy and a girl so I really do t care. However my boy and this baby will be very close on age so for room sharing I'm wondering if a boy would be easier but again I really will be happy with either.
#16 of 50 Old 07-16-2014, 02:40 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
i'm also expecting a girl. Have known for a while since taking the MaterniT 21. It's funny because at first I really wanted a boy, then at some point just changed my mind, almost as though my body knew and was prepping me.

@apeydef , I sympathize with your having to contend with a high deductible. I'm in a similar situation, trying now to negotiate the healthcare system and find a new plan that would provide more coverage (though of course cost more). (I'm a freelancer so I don't have health insurance through my employer.)

My current plan says that pre-natal is "covered in full" but it turns out that a lot of what I would have considered pre-natal--including blood tests and sonograms--is not included!! So I got hit with a bill I was not expecting, which blew.

Worst of all was being told that a visit to the doctor when I was experiencing spotting was not "pre-natal" because the pregnancy may not have been viable. Um, wha???

#17 of 50 Old 07-16-2014, 04:41 AM

@Galatea it's nice to know I'm not alone. Thank you.
@KatelynRose this is your first, so that's sa big factor. Plus how tall are you? I'm short and this is my second, hence the pop.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#18 of 50 Old 07-16-2014, 05:31 AM

Lots of wonderful news to wake up too. Congrats to everyone on healthy babies!

I still have about two weeks until my anatomy scan and I'm anxious. Just ready to find out who we will be meeting in December. We're planning a small gender reveal party with the family since they are dying to know as well.

If you follow me on the other thread, the yeast infection seems to be clearing up. Last night was my 3rd dose and it stung like the devil again. I squirmed and bounced for about 45 minutes. If it does it again tonight, I'm done with this stuff and will stick with putting some plain ol' yogurt up there.
badwolf092087 likes this.

Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

#19 of 50 Old 07-16-2014, 05:32 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
@Chapsie , we have three girls and I love having girls! I don't really care which this is, but I'm kind of hoping it's another girl, cause I don't know what to do with boys!

Have you all been feeling movement? I haven't felt a whole lot, which I realize is normal, as I'm not quite 17 weeks, but my last baby was so active I felt her at ten weeks and on! Maybe this babe is more laid back. baby three is still a very active little girl, goes from morning till night.
@apeydef , can you go to a smaller u/s place? When we had our last us with the last baby, my midwife sent us to a place where they train the techs, and it only cost us $100 or so. We've never had any kind of insurance, as hubby is self employed, so I try to find everything cheaper.

Last edited by randic116; 07-16-2014 at 06:04 AM.
#20 of 50 Old 07-16-2014, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randic116 View Post
@Chapsie , we have three girls and I love having girls! I don't really care which this is, but I'm kind of hoping it's another girl, cause I don't know what to do with boys!

Have you all been feeling movement? I haven't felt a whole lot, which I realize is normal, as I'm not quite 17 weeks, but my last baby was so active I felt her at ten weeks and on! Maybe this babe is more laid back. baby three is still a very active little girl, goes from morning till night.
@apeydef , can you go to a smaller u/s place? When we had our last us with the last baby, my midwife sent us to a place where they train the techs, and it only cost us $100 or so. We've never had any kind of insurance, as hunt is self employed, so I try to find everything cheaper.
I did that when I got my early ultrasound but they only do ultrasounds up to 16 weeks. At least the one by me. I searched all over and nobody else does them for the anatomy scan but hospitals.
#21 of 50 Old 07-16-2014, 06:05 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
I did that when I got my early ultrasound but they only do ultrasounds up to 16 weeks. At least the one by me. I searched all over and nobody else does them for the anatomy scan but hospitals.
Aww that's to bad...
#22 of 50 Old 07-16-2014, 07:51 AM

I haven't felt much movement at all and I'm 17 weeks now. I was told that my placenta is in the front and that will make it hard to feel movement. When my midwife checked for the heartbeat last week, she heard all sorts of kicks and movement, but I didn't feel a thing. I'm hoping to feel something soon!

Laura ~ Mama to three wild and wonderful boys , our rainbow baby girl on 7/2/12 and expecting #5 on 12/24/14

#23 of 50 Old 07-16-2014, 08:18 AM

I just woke up from a 15 minute catnap. I was in the middle of approving timesheets and fell asleep and didn't realize it! What in the world?

Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

#24 of 50 Old 07-16-2014, 10:24 AM

Yesterday and today I went back to bed at lunchtime. It was great, aside from feeling like a bad mom. I woke up to ds3 having a meltdown over a plastic Barbie phone.

I feel movement every day, but I know my placenta is in the back, and I only feel movement when I am sitting or lying quietly.

#25 of 50 Old 07-16-2014, 10:53 AM

Instead of constant tiny movements, Madison is doing the occasional strong kicks. All aimed at the bladder of course. Had a strong and sharp one this morning when went to the bagel shop. Good timing for breakfast I guess?

My antidepressants started this morning. Two major side effects: nausea and tiredness. Nausea has begun and I feel like I'm back at week 9 of pregnancy. Joy. Hubby came up with a game plan since I'm forgetful taking my prenatals lately. Whoever is with me each day has to count the pills and see if the number has changed from the day before. I guess making a chart or something. Fx it works.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#26 of 50 Old 07-16-2014, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I'm starting to feel movement now, at 18 weeks. I didn't think I looked pregnant until I put a bathing suit on over the weekend!

Kate, first pregnancies tend to show later. I think for many it is not until after 20 weeks.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#27 of 50 Old 07-16-2014, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
@KatelynRose this is your first, so that's a big factor. Plus how tall are you? I'm short and this is my second, hence the pop.
I am 5'8", so pretty tall I suppose. I looked up little diagrams yesterday that helped illustrate to me how the baby could be hiding still, so that made me feel a bit better. JB has been laughing at me because I'll go look in the mirror and then run to look at my ultrasound pics so I have proof there's a baby in there. By the end of the day, after I've eaten quite a bit of food, I look SLIGHTLY pregnant. So I guess there's not enough room in there for the food, which means baby must be taking up some space! Haha I keep urging him to get bigger and make my belly stretch so he has more room and he can stop squishing my bladder down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post
I still have about two weeks until my anatomy scan and I'm anxious. Just ready to find out who we will be meeting in December. We're planning a small gender reveal party with the family since they are dying to know as well.

If you follow me on the other thread, the yeast infection seems to be clearing up. Last night was my 3rd dose and it stung like the devil again. I squirmed and bounced for about 45 minutes. If it does it again tonight, I'm done with this stuff and will stick with putting some plain ol' yogurt up there.
Ooh I'm excited for your reveal! It's so much fun to find out what other people are having.. Oh man I'll be checking in here throughout December to see what gender the green team people are having that's cute you're having a little party.. My good friend had a cake that was pink on the inside to reveal she was having a girl at her baby shower.. I knew beforehand so I had to keep it hush hush, but everyone else was surprised and excited it was cute.

Somehow I've missed your other thread, but oh MAN I've had a yeast infection since 8 weeks along.. I got a mild bladder infection and felt pressured into getting antibiotics even though I've cured them before by drinking plenty of water and 100% cranberry juice, but my midwife isn't familiar with my body of course and she worried that I'd let it get worse, which could've affected the baby, so I took antibiotics and ended up with an awful yeast infection. It's been more tame for the past few weeks because I think my body is finally balancing itself out, but I went to my normal appointment last Friday and she took a swab test which of course still came up positive, so she told me over the phone to treat it with the ten day monistat since it's been so long. I'm worried to do monistat though! I did plain yogurt a few times and it definitely made it a lot better.. I also know a yeast infection won't affect the baby as long as I get it cleared up before birth, but I just worry about using monistat. All the reviews I see say it burns terribly and many women say the infection just comes back a few weeks later .. so I'm not convinced I want to do that but I do want my "bedroom life" to go back to normal....

Quote:
Originally Posted by randic116 View Post
I can't tell yet if what I am feeling is just my gas bubbles or if I have felt kicks.. But I swear I've felt these little nudges and pokes that are always similar to each other but different than gas bubbles. But I can't tell! They're so small!!! I can't wait to feel like it's absolutely my baby squirming around... I know he moves a ton when we go in for ultrasounds, but I couldn't feel him moving when I was at my 16 wk u/s even though I could see him squirming like crazy on the screen.

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#28 of 50 Old 07-16-2014, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
@NaturallyMo , re the yeast infection, have you tried a clove of garlic? That really helped me when I had one, though it took a few days. I also used apple cider vinegar and yogurt.
crunchymama27 likes this.
#29 of 50 Old 07-16-2014, 08:05 PM

yeast infections; what I do instead of monistat:
clove of garlic suppository at night
apple cider vinegar baths
mixture of 1/2 hydrogen peroxide 1/2 water douche (low flow, keep it gentle)
-eat no sugar-
!!continue treatment for 1 week after symptoms subside!! (no sugar! this is the hard part!)
#30 of 50 Old 07-16-2014, 08:34 PM

19 weeks this week. On the agenda, scheduling a Dr's appointment for me and a couple kids, hoping I can get the GP I want to see who does back up for homebirths, and that he will be at least, cooperative. Proof of pregnancy for me, establishing our PCP for #3 child who has spina bifida, and checking iron levels for #7 child who has toenails that are spooning. Feeling a little more movement from time to time and starting to look pregnant. Breasts are gaining weight, joints are loosening, pelvic throbbing (I can really feel the increased circulation!) My sister is coming to visit with her family, at the end of September, which gives me something else to look forward to; I haven't gotten to see her in over a year. Tennessee is just too far from California.

The LLL meeting I tried to go to last week? Didn't meet- I got to the meeting and the receptionist at the building told me they were taking a few months off and not meeting. I said oh, I checked the website for the current meeting information, I guess I should have called the leader. Called the leader when I got home, explaining that I'd gone to a meeting that wasn't and asking her to let me know when they'd be meeting again, and left a message. Called national, left a message letting them know their meeting info was wrong. 5 days later- I have not heard back from the leader and the national website meeting info hasn't changed. Frustrated!!! Giving up all my mommy friends IRL to move across the country 5 years ago, ok, fine. Can I make some new ones please? hmph. No prenatal yoga or childbirth classes for me and no babywearing or diaper free groups here. Where do I go? I could start accosting hippie looking women at the co-op! LOL. I grew up in LLL with my mom leading meetings, my sister is a leader, and I went to many a meeting in my first 10 years of parenting, so it's a norm for me to have it available, thank you white privilege and family entitlement for giving me the ability to stay home with the babies all these years. I'm in my 18th year of nursing.

~Alison

As of today 1 week later the website is updated, no local meetings, no local contact info. so no LLL for me

Last edited by crunchymama27; 07-18-2014 at 09:53 AM.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page