*~*~*~Spotlight on Mizyellow~*~*~* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

#1 of 15 Old 07-20-2014, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
*~*~*~Spotlight on Mizyellow~*~*~*

Tell us about yourself! Did you have any brothers or sisters growing up? What is your favorite childhood memory?

RN, IBCLC. DS is 6, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 07-20-2014, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

@Mizyellow

#3 of 15 Old 07-21-2014, 05:27 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Which country you dream of?

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#4 of 15 Old 07-21-2014, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
What sort of birth are you hoping/planning for?

Do you guys have any pets?

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#5 of 15 Old 07-22-2014, 02:58 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Do you have a blog you'd like to share?

Do you know any good jokes?

What's your guilty pleasure?
#6 of 15 Old 07-22-2014, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OH fun! I have a hard time replying some times but let's see......

1. I have 2 brothers and 1 sister. My older brother is 18 months older so we were really close and also hated each other growing up. My younger brother is 5 years my junior and my younger sister 11. I was pretty much a babysitter from the time I was 11.
2.I moved a LOT as a kid so I spent a lot of time reading. Books are pretty much my best friends and have been from the time I can remember.
3. Hmm what country do I dream of? I haven't visited any European countries, I think Italy or Ireland would be incredible. But I really want to just live by an ocean. My sweet love and I are both water babies and have dreams of retiring by the sea. We live in Ohio now. So not close to an ocean at all
4. I am having my first home birth! I have had 2 hospital births and am SO excited to birth at home with my love and awesome midwives. I do not want my kids present, I don't want to worry about them being upset.
5. I have 3 cats and 1 dog. My dog is a 12 year old chihuahua and is my baby. She was recently diagnosed with heart failure and is sadly aging. She is extra spoiled these days.
6. I don't blog anymore.
7. Not only don't I know any jokes, I could easily ruin any joke told by anyone ever! I am fairly awkward and my jokes come out jumbled and confused.
8. Guilty Pleasure- hmmm def wine. I miss it! I love a large glass when the kiddos are asleep. I love finding new wines to try and want to go on a winery tour one day when I am done popping out babies

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#7 of 15 Old 07-22-2014, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Oooh I love to read! Do you have a favorite book? Favorite author or series? Favorite genre? Hahaha I'm curious.. Also are there any books you like to read specifically when you are pregnant? did you read any books to prepare for any of your pregnancies that you really liked?

Also what is your favorite meal: to make yourself? & to have made for you either by someone specific or a restaurant?

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#8 of 15 Old 07-23-2014, 07:37 AM

Oh I am a booknerd. I can't pick a favorite book overall, but in the last couple of weeks I have read a really interesting book about Bipolar disorder (I work in the mental health field) called Haldol and Hyacinth. Worth a read. I just finished Orange is the New Black and LOVED it. It is so different than the Netflix show and I thought it was a really lovely and interesting book about sisterhood and our prison system. Super worth a read to anyone I think.
I really love teen fiction. I can't help it, I love the visualization and how quickly I can read through them. But I will read almost anything. I read a lot of Chinese History, I find it fascinating.
This pregnancy I am working through the Birthing Without Fear book. It is slow going, not really my speed but I do have a lot of fears around birthing so I am trying to get through it. I love and read anything DR. Sears. He is just so kind and gentle. My husband likes the New Father book.

Food! I love food! I am a pretty serious Korean cooking guru and mostly make asian food at home. Although I have a heavy aversion to spicy so a lot of my cooking is on hold. Right now it's all tomatoes and yogurt cucumber sauce all the time! Bland and blander!
I hope this baby enjoys spice. Both my boys can handle it and eat anything. I am not sure if I could deal with a picky eater!

When I go out to eat, I prefer sushi. I am an addict! I could eat it every single day. Mmmmmmmm unagi roll.....

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#9 of 15 Old 07-23-2014, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

mmmm.... sushi. My DH grew up in Asian and he does 95% of the cooking in our house, so we eat a lot of asian dishes. One of our favorite restaurants is a Korean place.

I also love young adult fiction, haha.

How exciting about your first home birth! My first home birth was my 3rd baby as well. It was so sweet and so special!

How did you meet your significant other?

#10 of 15 Old 07-23-2014, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Chapsie stole my question. I also want to hear how you met your DH! ❤️

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#11 of 15 Old 07-23-2014, 10:13 AM

I am so jealous of anyone that has spent time in Asia. It is a bucket list requirement.

Chapsie- what are some good YA books you've read recently?I just finished Cress, the 3rd book by Melissa MEyers. Awesome series.

I am so excited to have this baby at home but I've been induced with my last 2 so I am really nervous that my body won't go into labor on its own!

DH and I met actually when we were 19 at my friend's house. I pretty much fell in love with him immediately but he had a girlfriend. I lusted from afar for about a year. They broke up and we were at a party together talking and smoking when we just started kissing. It was intense and unlike anything I'd experienced. We briefly dated but he got scared and broke it off. I was heartbroken. 2 years later he told me he was in love with me. I had a boyfriend and had been burned by him so I didn't take him seriously. By the time i ended my relationship he was with someone new! We have had 3 of those experiences. After L was born and his dad and I broke up, he had him for the weekend andI was bored. B and I had maintained a friendship so I called him to meet him out for some drinks. Within an hour the spark was so intense we couldn't stand it. We left, went home and haven't left each other's sides since. A very modern love story

#12 of 15 Old 07-23-2014, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I would love to read "Birthing Without Fear" it is one of the few birthing classics I haven't take time with yet. And the Piper Kernan book. I'm jealous that you live close to a Jeni's, do you do ice cream? What's your favorite dessert?
#13 of 15 Old 07-23-2014, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Oh gosh I wish you'd come cook for me I LOVE ASIAN FOOD NOMMM I wish I had the skills to cook it myself I've been meaning to learn. I spent four months in China at the beginning of 2012, working in my uncles bar (he owns a bar called Tims Texas Bar-B-Q in Beijing) and while I was there we travelled in Southern China and visited Hong Kong... I fell in love with true Asian cuisine.
I love sushi as well ahhh you're making me want it. There's only one place in town that is certified safe for pregnant women and I have yet to visit it because we live pretty far from it right now, but once we move into town this September I am DEFINITELY going. My mouth is watering just dreaming of sushi ahhhh me want.

Oh I'll have to read orange is the new black then.. I didn't really get into the show, I only watched the first episode but I thought it was kind of odd.. I always enjoy reading more than watching though I haven't read YA fiction in awhile, but those are the books I've been the MOST enthralled by and I can't take my nose out of them until I finish. Also haven't read Dr. Sears yet, but everyone on mothering recommends him so I probably will before this pregnancy is through. Right now I'm reading "Stories of the Unborn Soul" by Elisabeth Hallet..

Thank you for your wonderful responses!

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#14 of 15 Old 07-25-2014, 01:22 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Mmmm. Wine. We now live in wine country (or rather surrounded by it) and we love trying new wines. My husband had been sticking to affordable favorites while I gestate. I love smelling his glasses though. And sometimes taking the tiniest of sips, just to live vicariously.

I love YA fantasy fiction, like super so much. I haven't read Cress yet, but I do follow Melissa Myers on Twitter!

I've thought about reading orange is the new black. I watched most of the first season, but it was too real and heavy for me. I'm waaaay too empathetic, and I felt so bad for those women. Just a few missteps in life and you really can end up in prison. It's sad.

I love your modern love story! Thank you for sharing. I also kind of love that you mess up jokes. Some of my all time favorite people have been hilariously bad at telling jokes.

Are you from Ohio? Has that been asked yet? If you were to retire to the sea, which coast would you move to?
#15 of 15 Old 07-25-2014, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Ooh, I'll have to check out Cress!

I wish I had more time to read!! My latest book wasn't YA, but a midwifery memoir by Carol Leonard (Lady's Hands, Lion's Heart). Before that, I finally finished the divergent series (that I started years ago). I like to pick books from the forever young adult blog. They write hilarious reviews and are pretty good at picking books that I like. http://foreveryoungadult.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page