Weekly Chat 7/21-7/28 - Mothering Forums

18Likes

#1 of 59 Old 07-21-2014, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Weekly Chat 7/21-7/28

Hey mamas!

What is new? 20 weeks-- feeling lots of kicks! Vegging at home today after a busy work weekend. Love summertime-- no where to be! Kids playing outside. Toddler napping. Mama has time alone! Beautiful.

RN, IBCLC. DS is 6, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 59 Old 07-21-2014, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Nineteen weeks here- also feeling lots of movement, but only when I stop and pay attention. My year and a half old dd is going through a super clingy phase. She SCREAMED when I left for work this morning- talk about mama guilt She stays home with my hubby (he's a stay at home dad/bartender) so I know she's fine all day. It just makes it really hard to go to work when all she wants to do is snuggle.
#3 of 59 Old 07-21-2014, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Lots of movement here too. We're still in moving limbo, so I've been out of touch for a while due to stress with the mortgage stuff and this past week being my due date for the baby we lost in January. It was unexpectedly tough and made more tough by the fact that I shared a due date "week" with around 5 close friends, so it was just really intense seeing all the baby pics popping up on Facebook. I took a break and feel a little better now. I'm working out more to try to handle the stress, though I'm really struggling with a ton of guilt that I've irrevocably harmed this baby by being so stressed, eating poorly, and not working out enough. I know that's mostly BS, but it's something I worry about. I've also gained way more weight than I wanted to in the first trimester. I'm just 10 pounds away from my total weight gain with my daughter but with over half the pregnancy to go. So frustrating.

Anyway, lots of baby kicks to make everything better and I'm plotting a prenatal yoga workout for today and some weights for tomorrow. Just trying to manage the stress until we get our lives back and move into our new home. Closing was supposed to be today, but the seller's attorney went out of town and forgot to send in the title paperwork. It's like one idiotic thing after another. But all I can do is breathe and try to stay as calm as possible. It has not been easy. I hope everyone else is having a better week.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Rainbow baby girl born 12/22/2014.
#4 of 59 Old 07-21-2014, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Tomorrow will be 21 weeks! I feel like I'm really starting to show now. Have an apt. with my Midwife tomorrow!

The last week was a bit rough between me and my toddler, just not a good flow between us.
I get the oddest pregnancy issues! My lower back on one side, guessing its sciatica has been so painful the last 2 weeks! When ever I get up from sitting ouch! I feel like an old lady... Will ask Midwife what to do about it, as its not usually an issue. Also my nose has also been so stuffy at night even waking me up!

Not much baby kicks, I think my little one is awake and more active at nights or something. Just flutters low down during the day sometimes. Maybe the placenta is attached in the front this time? Am so looking forward to the kicks and showing the movement to my toddler! I do feel this baby is hanging out way lower, I can't be far from a place to pee, as I'm always having to go!

The deer are eating almost everything I planted this summer... They just keep sneaking in to the yard some how! Its so dry where we live that they seem to eat anything that is green looking

I just love being a mama to my son born 9/22/2011 and expecting baby early December 2014 joy.gif

cd.gif homebirth.jpg​ familybed1.gif  bfolderchild.gif 

#5 of 59 Old 07-21-2014, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just hit 19 weeks, and still not feeling any movement. My second was the same way, and my MIL says that it's because babies from their family are "slow-bakers". Haha! But I had an Ultrasound this morning, and he's moving up a storm, and seems to have all the right things in all the right places! I was so excited to see baby, it always makes it feel more real and puts my unrealistic fears at ease!

Velvet - Mama to Trevor (6) Lucy (2) and a new little bean December 2014

novaxnocirc.gif  fambedsingle1.gif homeschool.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

#6 of 59 Old 07-21-2014, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Just came back from my 2nd trimester anatomy re-scan. This one was so much less stressful. Apparently they couldn't measure the heart properly last time, and noticed my placenta previa issue. Hi, I know that's an issue. Thanks for keeping it from me hospital! Maybe if they just communicated with my OB they would know that we have known this since week 9. Oh well. The hospital guy is predicting by week 28 it will move, and everything will be good for a natural birth. I'll take my OB's word over his though. I have zero trust for the people at the hospital, but only go there because that's where we're forced to go for the anatomy and genetic tests.

Madison is kicking up a storm. Her kicks are so strong, and daddy has felt them! And I'm popping more day by day. I was a size 2-3 maternity pants wise this time 5 years ago, and now I need 4-5! So I'm putting those on sale on craigslist and the local tag sale Facebook page. My hips won't ever be that small again.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09 
Madison Lesh, arrived 12/2/14
Baby #3, arriving 1/12/16, fingers crossed
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
#7 of 59 Old 07-21-2014, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Hello! About 18 weeks here, and I'm not feeling much baby movement yet either. I was told that the placenta is in the front and it will take longer. I had the fetal scan today and tried not to be too nervous but I couldn't help but feel sick walking up to the hospital. Its hard to think of these tests as "routine" when you are 43. Thankfully the baby is healthy and looking great and we found out we are having a girl! I'm so happy for my daughter that she will have a sister
We just got home from a short vacation to the beach - a couple days camping and one night in a hotel, it was just right for us, my kids love the ocean and we all came back sunkissed and somewhat rested (my 2yo daughter wanted to throw herself in the ocean constantly, so there was no lounging in a beach chair!).

Laura ~ Mama to three wild and wonderful boys , our rainbow baby girl on 7/2/12 and our newest baby girl on 12/30/14!
#8 of 59 Old 07-21-2014, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
I finally started to feel better over the weekend (19 weeks) and got the energy to dejunk the boys' room and the shoe pile, and rotate out ds3's clothes, and I've been keeping up with the dishes and laundry. It feels good to not be useless! I even got out my Super Nintendo and it's fun to be better than the boys at video games.

Baby moves a lot, some pretty strong. I have really popped and now cannot just sit up or lie down directly - have to do the whole side-to-back thing. I can't do flat on my stomach, either - I need a leg propped way up and to be on one hip. Also, my interest in sexy times is pretty much gone. It's fine once we start, but I don't think about it otherwise. All my other kids I stayed interested until about the last month.

My boobs will not stop growing. They are bigger now than they were at my heaviest weight and milk just come in, but I still have five months to go. This does not make me happy, but when I complain to dh, he just grins. Now I have to buy ANOTHER swimsuit, which is no small thing.

Pregnancy headaches suck. Drinking tons of water does nothing. Tylenol gives me major rebound headaches. I want to just be brave and take something else but all the internet warnings...

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
#9 of 59 Old 07-21-2014, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
@Galatea I didn't realize these headaches were a common pregnancy thing!! I've been having headaches the past few days that are difficult to get rid of even drinking plenty of water .. I couldn't tell what they were from!

... @LilyTiger , I was just thinking about you, wondering where you've been! I'm sorry you've had a tough time recently

Baby kicks definitely make me happy!! I only have a few kicks every day but it's increasing more and more... He's mostly active at night but this morning he kicked me a bunch because I was just laying in bed being lazy even though my stomach was growling.. I swear he was like 'Ma hurry up and eat breakfast already!!' Hahahaha
@iamkateiam I have to pay close attention to feel as well...

I think my little guy is sitting low too, @MamaNicole ! I have to pee SO often still, and i feel kicks and movements quite low. When I had my u/s a few weeks ago she had to put it pretty low to get a good view of him, and when I saw my midwife she was trying to listen to the heartbeat about 3-4 inches too high and it was hard for her to find until she angled it downward and caught his heartbeat. Now that he's kicking around I KNOW she was too high, so I'll let her know next time I'm in, I was just unsure the last time.
There are a few deer who live in this small grouping of thick trees in our neighbors backyard, in the middle of our neighborhood!! We had to shoo them away from the blueberries the other day! The slugs are also bad .. We need to bait them away from the raspberry bushes.. We don't have much growing, just the fruit bushes.. And we are about to move into the city by September so I'm not too worried about it, but once we move I want a much larger garden and I will be more serious about keeping the slugs away.

Ahahaha "slow bakers"... @Brokenfish that cracked me up how adorable.

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#10 of 59 Old 07-21-2014, 11:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
20 weeks

Hi I'm 20 weeks today. Excited to be half way! Been feeling quite a bit of movement, on and off throughout the day normally. I have my anomaly scan on Wednesday and then we fly to England to spend a month with my family the next day, so I hope things are ok. I'm a little nervous about the scan - just wondering if there will be anything wrong. But apart from that, doing fine, though a little low on energy, especially when it's hot which it has been. Definitely getting a bit of an obvious bump now which I will need to buy some clothes for soon! All the best to everyone xx
#11 of 59 Old 07-22-2014, 04:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
19 weeks here! Just starting to feel occasional movements, usually when resting. But finally feeling undeniable movement, more than just flutters! Very exciting!

Had my consultation at the birth center yesterday, and it went really well. The midwife and office manager talked to hubby and I for about 90 minutes and answered all my questions. Turns out they do have a physician backup, which puts me at ease. They're willing to barter to reduce the cost of services, as well, which is awesome. Hubby was really into it! I almost didn't expect that, since I have never even been able to get him to watch "The Business of Being Born". But he was asking all these questions like he was the natural birth pro! Made me proud. I am still kind of just letting it all settle before making any final decisions, but I am inclined to transfer my care. I'm one of those who likes to sleep on it for a while before jumping in; I know my intuition will guide me in the right direction. It's still a little scary financially as my hubby is trying to find a job and we are maxed out with debt already as a result. But, I'm trying to have faith that everything will work out...
crunchymama27 likes this.
#12 of 59 Old 07-22-2014, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
18 weeks here and ready to get my anatomy scan next Tuesday. I can't wait! I'm hoping this baby cooperates and I can find out if its a boy or girl. I took one of gender prediction pee tests that I found on Amazon and the results immediately pointed to girl. *fingers crossed* that its accurate.

For the most part, I feel fine. Definitely an increase in appetite so far but that's a good thing right? I still haven't gained any weight but that's normal. I don't tend to start picking up until right around 6 months or so and then I just blow up!

My mom is ready to start planning for the baby shower. My mother and I cannot function without a plan so we start planning things early. She's anxious to get started on the baby shower. I told her as soon as I know what we're having, I will turn her and my BFF loose on the shower stuff LOL

Right now, I'm just focusing on getting through the weekend and getting last minute stuff together for my little guy's 6th birthday party next Saturday. At last count we have about 19 kids coming, 15 of them are confirmed. And the funniest part? Most of them are family. oh the joy of coming from a big family.
crunchymama27 likes this.

Me (33) - DH (39) - DS (6) - DS (3months)

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#13 of 59 Old 07-22-2014, 09:20 AM

We had our anatomy U/S this morning. Baby looks totally fine, except she has a two-vessel cord. The doctor, sonographer and genetic counselor were very apologetic for dragging us over the coals all pregnancy, but said that this is not a big deal and I just need a growth U/S at 32 weeks. Of course, we were not happy to hear of yet another problem. They don't see a problem with having a birth center birth, but now I am just so done with everything risky that I just want the whole hospital ride - EFM and all.

#14 of 59 Old 07-22-2014, 01:14 PM

@SaraJB I'm sure your anatomy scan will be fine, there's no point in worrying! have fun going to England to see your family! I was so scared when flying when I was barely pregnant, but that was silly since everyone says we can fly up to the point when we give labor (which they don't want you to do on the plane obviously lol).. Flying just makes me nervous anyway. I told JB I'm not flying ever again while pregnant, people will have to come to me, because I got so dehydrated on my trip home. Something about planes dehydrates you, so drink plenty of water so you don't end up with a UTI like I did! Even though it's annoying to get up and pee on the plane, it's totally worth it.

Your mom sounds so sweet, @NaturallyMo ! Also it sounds lovely to be part of such a big family that gets together! That'll be a fun birthday party!

... @Galatea I'm sorry you're having a bumpy ride .. What does it mean to have a two vessel cord, if you don't mind me asking? It sounds like the baby is still plenty safe if they're still saying a birth center birth is okay, but I understand you wanting to play it safe of course!

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#15 of 59 Old 07-22-2014, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
17 weeks here! We finally were able to hear babys heartbeat today! After 4 pregnancies, those prenatal visits are pretty boring... I've asked all the questions in the past 3 pregnancies and nothing new to report. :P I did ask my midwife about strengthening my pelvic muscles, as my last birth completely demolished them. She gave me plenty to do, so now I just have to do it!
#16 of 59 Old 07-22-2014, 02:23 PM

@randic116 what did she suggest? I know I should be doing kegels and I haven't been :/

#17 of 59 Old 07-22-2014, 06:21 PM

@KatelynRose , kegels was one thing, but I did a ton of them the last birth and my muscles were still shot. I wasn't even able to do one post birth. But that was only one birth, the other two I was fine. She also suggested squats and surprisingly, sit ups! I can't do sit ups though, my abdominal muscles are even worse than my pelvic ones....
KatelynRose likes this.
#18 of 59 Old 07-22-2014, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
19 weeks here and have been feeling little pokes and flip-overs which I have to assume is the keebler. We have the anatomy scan tomorrow (exciting!) but today I puked up my lunch on the train between my morning job and my afternoon job (humiliating!). When I came home I asked my husband if he could carry the baby for the next 20 weeks and he said "honey, if men could have babies, the population would be at pre-medieval levels. oh, and there would probably be no war."

My nausea has if anything gotten a little bit worse in the second trimester. The headaches have been getting me too. Tylenol knocks them out but only sometimes. The baby was unplanned and I am really tired of stressing about money all. of. the. time. I wish I could devote some of that energy to thinking about baby socks or nursery decor or whatever it is people are supposed to think about.

/vent.
NewBrooklynMama likes this.
#19 of 59 Old 07-22-2014, 09:19 PM

@randic116 - that's funny, I've read that sit ups and crunches can cause your abdominal muscles to separate worse if done during pregnancy.. I've been doing planks but that's it for abs, and they probably don't help my pelvic floor at all hahaha .. But squats I could see helping, especially those sumo squats! I have to squeeze the muscles down there to come back up when I do those...

Here's one page explaining Diastasis Recti (the separating of the abdominal muscles): http://mutusystem.com/diastasis-rect...-to-avoid.html

I think I originally heard it from a fitpregnancy.com video but that site explains it too.

#20 of 59 Old 07-23-2014, 04:16 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
When I came home I asked my husband if he could carry the baby for the next 20 weeks and he said "honey, if men could have babies, the population would be at pre-medieval levels. oh, and there would probably be no war."
@sallyoh This really made me laugh! So true. Also I sympathize with your money woes. It is all I think about these days. I think living in New York is especially hard—everything is so expensive. Any suggestions for places we could relocate? I'm trying to decide if I should bring my baby to work when I go back. It's three days a week, and I would have room in my office for a pack-and-play or some other cradle, but it is in midtown, and the idea of bringing an infant on the crowded subway scares me. I suppose I could go and leave earlier than usual for the first and second month I go back, then figure out a daycare situation. But the whole thing is just...stressful.

Headaches, yes. I've been popping tylenol a bit more than is probably wise, and yesterday accepted an ibuprofen out of desperation. I feel like I've been very careful so hopefully won't hurt.

Nausea sucks. I ran out of prenatal vitamins a few weeks back and didn't have time to refill the prescription. I noticed that my nausea subsided around that time. At first I attributed it to the second trimester, but then went back on prenatals and it came back. I basically feel somewhat queasy all the time, and food tastes like sawdust. Has anyone else stopped taking their prenatals for this or other reasons? I have a healthy diet, eat lots of fruit and veggies, and have taken vitamins all my life. I find it very hard to function when I feel queasy. Would it be very bad to stop taking them?
#21 of 59 Old 07-23-2014, 05:34 AM

@KatelynRose , yeah I wouldn't think doing sit ups our crunches would help all that much... I've talked about diastasis recti with my chiropractor and she's given me some deep breathing exercises to correct that. It's so easy to breathe and suck in your gut, and to think that works your abs!
KatelynRose likes this.
#22 of 59 Old 07-23-2014, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyoh View Post
My nausea has if anything gotten a little bit worse in the second trimester. The headaches have been getting me too. Tylenol knocks them out but only sometimes. The baby was unplanned and I am really tired of stressing about money all. of. the. time. I wish I could devote some of that energy to thinking about baby socks or nursery decor or whatever it is people are supposed to think about.

/vent.
I feel you. The headaches don't go away with water or rest, and Tylenol only works for a little bit, but I get a guaranteed rebound headache. An ice pack is actually decent sometimes. And money, I hate worrying about money. It'd be so nice just to be able to buy/pay for whatever without stressing.

#23 of 59 Old 07-23-2014, 05:57 AM

Why when I go to the front page of our DDC, does it download some blank sheet and not let me click on anything?

#24 of 59 Old 07-23-2014, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
I had headaches in my last pregnancy and began supplementing with magnesium per my midwife's suggestion and it totally helped.

Galatea-- I noticed that,too.. It was really weird! Don't know why!

RN, IBCLC. DS is 6, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
#25 of 59 Old 07-23-2014, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
20 weeks here too. Got the pregnancy confirmed at clinic so I'm free to register for the prenatal clinic now which could eventually lead to me seeing the doctor I'd want for backup, but of course (rolls eyes) they have the new modern franchise idea of prenatal care so you never know who you will see and if you are in labor your doctor may not be on call. WHATEVER. Why did the majority of women give into this bullshit and accept it as normal, that is what I want to know. You are paying for the care, you should be able to choose your care provider, period. In any case I now have legal proof that this baby exists, and I don't have to do anything further medically unless I feel it is a need. I've gained at least 8 pounds, possibly 13 (don't know my starting weight exactly but I'm typically between 120 and 125) and BP is good despite me having a minor headache before and during my appointment.

Money woes- we are so blessed, we have a comfortable rental home, still have power and water and internet and a phone, and are still managing to feed everyone and all the pets. Keeping the power on has been a major struggle. The trash bill wasn't paid and was supposed to be cut off last week but they picked it up! So that's another small blessing. Dh's main business closed down this year (wasn't breaking even) so we've had no steady income for months, bills are all piled up, got food stamps but they are inadequate, (we would get over $400 more if my youngest 3 kids had SS numbers, but SS is not working with our lack of birth certificates. Still chipping away at the bureaucracy, trying to make progress there.) We are all suffering a little affording so much less organic produce and cheese and yogurt, my kids main go-to snacks- but we're blessed too to be having so much food made from scratch (bread, tortillas, sauces) the incentive to switch to family wipes (why didn't I do this before, it really isn't that hard!) and to have an amazing source for raw milk that has been giving us our milk and eggs for the last month and a half after we could no longer afford to buy it due to the loss of income. 10 gallons a week y'all. So blessed. We have a truck that seats 5 for a 9 person family, needs service and gets probably 10 miles to the gallon with gas over $4 all the time, no savings, no retirement, usually no medical insurance (we just got Medi-Cal, but that will be gone next month if we can't get those SS #'s for the kids, we need them on last years taxes) my life insurance lapsed last fall and I can't afford to reinstate it, we sold our wedding rings to pay the water bill a couple years ago- lots of medical bills from last year (two kids broke bones) and no real assets to speak of except these beautiful exuberant children. Many people who have been through our last 5 years journey in canna-business might also have court cases to deal with, so really we are quite blessed to still be where we are. I see the ocean everyday if I want to make the walk or when I drive out. My husband has had a variety of jobs over the years and I counted back in time, out of 8 pregnancies (counting this one, not counting miscarriages) only 2 had solid employment throughout the pregnancy and postpartum. For all the rest he was losing a job, the business was closing, changing jobs, job was inadequate to meet bills- with unemployment at least once during the pregnant and postpartum months. Yet we are all still here together, healthy and growing our family. This gives me hope that we will get through this hard time too. It was a lot easier to be this broke when the rent was $350 instead of $2200, and I worry that we will end up having to leave my garden before the fall harvest, but we will get through this too.

@Chapsie , Tell me how you take your magnesium. I have a coral cal-mag powder from Radiant Life that I take mixed with ACV and water, or mixed into yogurt. And I take epsom salt baths. I always find them helpful when I have a headache, but hadn't tried taking the minerals for a headache, usually it is leg cramps that motivate me to take them. Have you tried magnesium oil? I haven't yet.
#26 of 59 Old 07-23-2014, 11:15 AM

@crunchymama27 , that is a lot of money woes, but you're so positive! I am impressed.

I started taking cal/mag again because endo said I was low on Ca2+. I wonder if that will help with headaches.

Today is a bad day. I woke up late to find that DH had eaten the last eggs and english muffins. He said he would go to the store to get more, but then he took a super-long shower and I got so hungry I cried. I am depressed again today. Having nothing to do makes me really depressed. Last two pregnancies, I had a job. Not having one now is really no good. Even though I was the one who pushed to sell our old business, I now miss it because I had somewhere to be. And now I am so obviously pregnant that no one will hire me. So I went back to bed for an hour.

#27 of 59 Old 07-23-2014, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 19 weeks with my first and have only felt a couple of baby movements. At our ultrasound today, the baby was kicking like crazy. I think it will be a swimmer! We couldn't tell the gender because it's legs were in the way. It's pretty exciting and I can't wait to feel more little kicks.
#28 of 59 Old 07-23-2014, 08:20 PM

@Galatea it's messing up for me too.. Many parts of MDC are messed up

Edit 7/24: seems to be working again today!!

Last edited by KatelynRose; 07-24-2014 at 08:54 AM.
#29 of 59 Old 07-23-2014, 08:52 PM

@crunchymama27 you're an inspiration, how positive you are through hard times! But of course there ARE many things to be positive about. we are pretty far behind on bills as well, JB is starting up a business with his dad and my blogging job fell through so I'm still not making any money (it was a scam- the guy I was working for had just hired a bunch of writers, set us all up with a site that looked exactly the same despite our different blog topics, then wanted us to write articles and let him make 50% of the profit from advertising, which I realized when I read google Adsense terms and conditions is AGAINST their terms so he was doing something wrong. I found out when I had to sign up for Adsense and he wanted me to email him a code they gave me.. They assumed I had control of the site since I had applied and was the writer, so I knew he was doing someone wrong then and read into it.) I'm going to try to start up my own blog but it'll take a small investment that we don't have right now sadly. We got a shutoff notice for the water bill.. I have to call them to set up payments. JB has been working odd jobs for our landlord just to stay afloat, but he is a cheapskate and only pays him $10 per hour for hard labor, when JB is using his own tools and lawn equipment and everything (he used to own a handyman lawncare business in Texas but people paid better there! He made at least 25 an hour sometimes 30 for his labor, here they expect him to work dirt cheap because everyone here is poor, but our rent and cost of living is MUCH higher than back in Texas.. It has really thrown us off track). We are very thankful though, we have a few good friends who have helped us with food and such since I've been pregnant. Our landlord gives us very cheap discounted farm eggs, another friend gave us a free frozen turkey.. And the universe keeps giving us things we really need. I just picked up a back of free baby clothes from a woman I met on freecycle today, so that's wonderful. Our friend told us he can get us a car seat for free. My midwife hasn't bugged us about the deposits, so we've got awhile until that payment is due still.. It'll turn around for sure. JB left today to go work at a local festival where he will make $15 an hour doing security and he gets free food the entire four days (Thursday through Sunday) and free showers but he has to camp in his truck because our tent broke recently .. I am so lucky to have a good man who supports me in whatever way he can. Also when we have been low on healthy food he has given it all to me and the baby (like when we get low on eggs he just eats a piece of toast for breakfast so I get something more nutritious). I feel bad that he is going to work this thing, we've been having thunderstorms so it won't be comfortable out there but it is long hours and he gets fed for free so it'll be a good chunk of money by the end of the weekend! Hopefully we can pay some of the bills and have some leftover for food I'm really hoping we can catch a salmon soon, that would help! We are also going to move out of this house in September as it is A RIPOFF we have realized. That will help, reducing our rent and getting this deposit back (it was a HIGH deposit, and it is terribly high rent for such an awful smelly house out in the boonies.. We were just stupid for moving in quick because we'd already spent 9 days in a motel trying to find a place and everyone scared us that we wouldn't be able to find one and we'd be stranded). Oh man.. Just, hectic. But we fully expect to be in a better place by next month. JB's dad's property preservation business will be in full swing and JB will be doing the books and organizing the employees routes, and his dad will be able to pay him. Man oh man though, these last few months have been a doozy! Here's to you, Mama! Hanging in there...

#30 of 59 Old 07-24-2014, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Sorry about the finance troubles ladies. Had a worry fest myself about it last night but woke up feeling faith for the provision of The Lord.

Katelyn, did you say you moved from Texas to Portland? Funny, because I live in TX right now, just outside of Austin, and dream of moving to the NW someday. In fact, my DH and I are hoping to get some $ together to take a trip up to Portland in Sep to check it out. What do you like/hate about it?
Chapsie and KatelynRose like this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page