• 1 Post By cactuspear
  • 1 Post By iamkateiam
  • 1 Post By badwolf092087

#1 of 13 Old 07-22-2014, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Pregnancy Dreams

Have any of you guys been having more frequent/vivid dreams since big pregnant? I'd be interested to hear about them! I'd love to have a place to post dreams that are especially significant for us, too.

I have been having memorable dreams EVERY night since becoming pregnant. They are especially vivid.. I've always had pretty vivid dreams but they've never been so coherent. Now my dreams feel like I am in a movie and everything feels so realistic, like I am actually there... The physics within my dreams now makes more sense so my dreams don't feel as sporadic and impossible.. It seems like it could really be happening, like I truly exist in my dream world. Many mornings (I tend to dream the deepest in the morning, after I have been up to pee once and a little bit of light is creeping in through the curtains) I will stir and wake up ever so slightly from the dream I am having, my real life mind will assess what the dream is doing, then I will fall back to sleep and my dream will adjust itself depending on how I assessed it in my slightly awake moment.. It is VERY strange. It's really like watching a movie that I am allowed to somewhat direct the plot in...

I have also had a handful of dreams featuring our baby boy. In many of them, he is here but I cannot recall being pregnant fully or giving birth, and I spend the dream confused and upset that I was robbed of that experience. In one dream, I gave birth to him but as soon as he came into existence he started to grow and grow until he was a toddler and he was talking to me, but I wasn't listening because I just kept asking him how he knew all those words and where were they coming from. In all of my dreams without an actual baby, I am very aware of being pregnant and I am very protective of my belly.
JB had a dream before we knew for sure he was a boy that he was born with a mustache, so we decided from that point on he was probably a boy (we were right)!

I'd love to hear about the dream experiences you all are having!

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#2 of 13 Old 07-22-2014, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I had a really funny one a few weeks ago. I had terrible nausea during the first trimester, and at the end of it, I got incredibly hungry all the time. I was waking up hungry in the middle of the night, which I think spurred this dream...

I dreamt I was walking around a town with a wedge of brie (forbidden pregnancy cheese!) so large it was difficult to carry with both hands. I spent my whole long dream just walking down cute cobblestone streets, looking at statues and buildings, slowly eating the entire thing and feeling very self-satisfied. That's it!
SaraJB likes this.
#3 of 13 Old 07-22-2014, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
My dream last night was that I went on an IKEA shopping spree and came home with multiple sets of kids tables and chairs, an art easel, and kids storage containers and I was incredibly upset and perplexed that I didn't have enough space for it in my small house. I spent the rest of the dream trying to arrange it all in our kids' rooms. Ha. Boring... but very vivid!

RN, IBCLC. DS is 5, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
#4 of 13 Old 07-22-2014, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Hahahaha both of those dreams are awesome!
I think pregnancy dreams are hilarious.. I don't know if it's just because our minds are so wound up with all the things we are thinking about or what..

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#5 of 13 Old 07-22-2014, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Bizarre dreams

Yes! I've had at least one weird dream almost every night, too. For about a week in a row, each night I 'met up' with an ex-boyfriend - so strange! Not in a fun sexy way either, just a different experience or conversation with each one. Then I've also had a load of really disturbing fairly violent dreams which freak me out and I don't want to go into! And then I've also had a few miscarriage or losing the baby dreams which aren't very nice either.

Last time I was pregnant my husband and I woke up one morning having both had dreams about losing the baby, and it turned out that almost exactly around that day was when the heart had stopped beating (we found out weeks later at the 12 week scan). So I think sometimes the dreams can really connect you to what's happening in your body. But I'm hoping my recent baby losing dreams are just me being nervous - this one is still moving around in there so fingers crossed. It's exhausting though, I wake up every morning feeling like I've been busy all night long

I want a brie dream!! That sounded fun!
#6 of 13 Old 07-23-2014, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

@SaraJB I'm so glad I'm not the only one with dreams featuring ex boyfriends!! I was wondering what the heck that was about.. I guess just reconciling old memories? But yeah it's never romantic or anything, they just happen to be featured in a bigger plot of weirdness that's going on. But in my dreams, even with the exes, I am very aware that I am pregnant and when I see my ex my dream self thinks of JB and also become very protective of my preggo belly it's weird.

Last night I had a dream that the baby's elbow was poking my stomach out all weird and I could feel it. Maybe he's growing? or maybe it was the fact I rolled over on my stomach this morning, desperate to get good sleep, and he's getting too big for me to be doing that lol
Aw I'm thinking it's nerves since you're so far along at this point! My worries and fears definitely show themselves in my dreams before we confirmed he was a boy, I had a dream he came out a girl and I was so disappointed! But soon after we found out he is indeed a boy, so it was just my worries making the dream.

#7 of 13 Old 07-24-2014, 06:11 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I found out I was pregnant last time because I kept having super weird dreams. I googled it and pregnancy came up. Otherwise it probably would have been a few weeks before I figured out anything was going on

My dh had a dream last night that we had a little red headed baby girl (he has red hair). We find out what we're having next Tuesday, so it'll be fun to see if he was right!
KatelynRose likes this.
#8 of 13 Old 07-27-2014, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

So last night I had a dream that I was buying the entire Harry Potter series because I wanted to reread them all, and I swear it's because @badwolf092087 was talking about HP in her spotlight thread hahaha I've been wanting to reread them ever since chatting with her.. They're a great escape from the real world.

Ooh @iamkateiam I'm excited to find out as well now! Like I mentioned before, Joel's dream let us know it was a boy before we found out for sure. That'd be so nuts if your DH predicted it too! Psychic dads

#9 of 13 Old 07-28-2014, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatelynRose View Post
So last night I had a dream that I was buying the entire Harry Potter series because I wanted to reread them all, and I swear it's because @badwolf092087 was talking about HP in her spotlight thread hahaha I've been wanting to reread them ever since chatting with her.. They're a great escape from the real world.

Ooh @iamkateiam I'm excited to find out as well now! Like I mentioned before, Joel's dream let us know it was a boy before we found out for sure. That'd be so nuts if your DH predicted it too! Psychic dads
Do it, woman! I've randomly been reading chapters out loud to Maddy. Sometimes she likes it.
KatelynRose likes this.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#10 of 13 Old 07-31-2014, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I had the WEIRDEST dream last night. DH and I were supposed to go check out a model home the other day but we didn't. In my dream, I dreamt that we went over to check it out and somehow got separated in the house. The agent on duty was a female and I saw the way she was looking at my husband when we arrived so I immediately had an attitude. (Note: my husband is a very handsome guy. Like, really handsome. So I get the appeal, heck, I went after him and married him! LOL). anyway, we get separated in the house and when I make my way to the basement, I notice there are people actually living there, like they already lived in the house. I ask them if they've seen a man come through here and one of the teens says the agent was "giving him a hand". That was such a loaded statement so I started stomping through the house and busted into a room to find him just sitting in a chair looking at floorplans and the agent nowhere to be found.

Then I woke up and noticed that my husband was in bed next me, sleeping away but I was still angry. LOL

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#11 of 13 Old 07-31-2014, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Bahahahaha I've had those dreams before. I'm glad to know I'm not weird. I was actually just reading an article at somewhere that said its normal to have dreams like that while you're pregnant, since your body is changing and maybe you are having concerns about your new appearance (ah the woes of being a woman in our culture) but that's silly since your man is making babies with you he obviously thinks you're a hottie
I know how you feel though for sure. I think my man is the most gorgeous being ever.. But I'm also starting to realize I only think he's THAT great because I was made to make babies with him hahaha .. And he has been extra attracted to me ever since I got pregnant, it's awesome

I am always relieved to wake up from dreams like that. Sometimes I even call out to him right as I'm waking up with my feelings hurt from the dream, but it's always nice to realize it was just an evil dream and I get to snuggle him in real life and there's nothing for me to worry about.

I had such crazy dreams last night.. So many people from my past were involved in this plot that made no sense at all-- it kept changing locations. This girl Caroline that I was friends with in middle school was there, my cousin was there, and this old hippy guy I only knew briefly was there.. And I visited locations that I've seen in other dreams but never in real life. But it was so confusing so I can't decipher what it was about.

#12 of 13 Old 08-01-2014, 06:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
So, I've had a recurring dream my whole life that I have a baby and just constantly forget about the baby. I'll be really excited to be with my baby, but then go off to do something and forget the baby, leaving it alone, for hours, even whole days. The first dream similar to this I had when I was a kid, that we had forgotten about my little brother and left him alone in a mall parking lot. Since then the dream has been about my own baby. The most recent was two nights ago, the first one I remember since being pregnant (this is my first pregnancy). This dream went even farther, not only repeatedly forgetting my 2-day-old newborn for 12 hour stretches and then guiltily finding her, but after two days of this pattern, we lost the baby in the house and after looking in every cupboard and closet, concluded that she'd been kidnapped. It was horrible.

My mother says that she has also had dreams like this her entire life, and at 65 she still has them once a year or so. She thinks it might be some way that nature prepares us - DON'T FORGET YOUR KIDS! It's an unnerving and upsetting dream, though I have no fear that I will be forgetting about my child for 12 hours at a time, let alone 1 hour.

The thing I'm wondering though, is do other people have this dream? Unlike dreams of forgetting to put on your clothes before going out or forgetting about a test in school, neither of us ever hear about others having this type of baby-forgetting dream.

Have any of you had this dream, or a similar one?
#13 of 13 Old 08-01-2014, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

I've had dreams like that since this pregnancy! I will have the baby and be so excited, and then I get distracted by other events going on in the dream and then don't realize I forgot about my baby until WAYY later in the dream. How strange! I thought maybe it's because I'm not used to having a baby around, but your dreams make me think that's not the case since you have children... Hmmm.. I always wake up feeling guilty. I know that would never happen though!

Also I've had another dream where I can't breastfeed, like I can't get the baby to latch on.. Which I think is because I've heard of so many people having problems with that and maybe I'm worried about it in the back of my mind? But it's weird because I know I'll be able to breastfeed just fine.. I've been told my nipples and breasts are perfect for it and my mom and grandmothers had no trouble at all getting their babies to latch.. I know my instincts know what to do, my rational mind must be slightly worried about it or something.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page