• 1 Post By badwolf092087
  • 1 Post By KatelynRose
  • 2 Post By badwolf092087

#1 of 13 Old 07-26-2014, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
~*~*~*Spotlight on Badwolf092087*~*~*~

How did you meet your significant other?

What is your favorite childhood memory?

RN, IBCLC. DS is 5, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!

Last edited by Chapsie; 07-26-2014 at 05:45 PM.
#2 of 13 Old 07-26-2014, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Hey you stole my favorite question!
Do you have pets? What is your favorite reading genre?
Chapsie likes this.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#3 of 13 Old 07-26-2014, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
@badwolf092087

RN, IBCLC. DS is 5, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
#4 of 13 Old 07-26-2014, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapsie View Post
How did you meet your significant other?

What is your favorite childhood memory?
We originally met in high school through a few different sources. First, we both attended two of the area's most "prestigious" private high schools, and the schools shared certain events. We mildly associated because of that. And during that time period, we frequented the "square" which was pretty much a huge hangout area while we were in our teen years. We "reunited" when a mutual friend of ours brought me to a local bar that he happened to be at that same night. From there, it's history. Fate pretty much brought the "high school sweethearts" back together.

I don't have many childhood memories that are positive. Anything I can ever remember about my step father is typically a favorite. We use to go pumpkin picking in October, which stands out the most. For now, I'll consider that a "favorite."

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post
Hey you stole my favorite question!
Do you have pets? What is your favorite reading genre?
I have 10 animals currently. Two pitbulls. Rose, a bit over a year old. We adopted her when she was about 8 weeks old, and she latched onto me immediately. And this past September, we rescued Blaze (M) from our local shelter. He is now 3 years old. The other 8 are my cats! Sammy (M), Alvin (M), Theodore (M), Remy (M), Panda (M), Baby Simone (F), Squeakers (F), and Gizmo (M). We recently lost our mama cat, Furby. And we will be adopting a kitten as soon as she's ready to leave her "nest." Sammy gets to pick her out since he lost his lady love.

I read almost anything. I don't discriminate, and I'm very open minded. I'll always love fantasy, but also enjoy anything true to life. Currently, I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series and just finished reading The Fault in Our Stars.
maranapanda and KatelynRose like this.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#5 of 13 Old 07-26-2014, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
YESSS another Harry Potter fan who loves the kitties I miss having a cat I've been wanting to adopt one lately but we want to move again before we get any pets. 8 cats would be so soft and snuggly ahhhh man.

Lol food is on my mind right now... What is your favorite meal to make, and to go out to get? What have you been craving the most during pregnancy?
What is your astrological sun sign? Do you identify with it at all? (In what ways?)

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#6 of 13 Old 07-26-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatelynRose View Post
YESSS another Harry Potter fan who loves the kitties I miss having a cat I've been wanting to adopt one lately but we want to move again before we get any pets. 8 cats would be so soft and snuggly ahhhh man.

Lol food is on my mind right now... What is your favorite meal to make, and to go out to get? What have you been craving the most during pregnancy?
What is your astrological sun sign? Do you identify with it at all? (In what ways?)
I'm craving donuts a lot lately. Before that, I needed jalapeños on everything.

I love to cook, so it's hard to pick a "favorite." I'd say maybe my Grandma's meatloaf recipe for a meal, and southern butter bread for a desert type food.

Going out can mean one of two places. This great Mexican place called Lola's, or Hope St pizza. Lola's makes the greatest nachos around, and Hope pizza makes my favorite hot oil pizza! A couple other places around here make it, but not even close on quality and taste.

I'm a Virgo. Some days I completely identify, others not so much.

I love my kitties! And Harry Potter. My Sammy boy is such a lush. If you're in the same room as him and not paying attention to him, he starts begging and then just starts petting himself with your hand. And he loves laying on the belly and sleeping on Maddy. He did the same thing when I was pregnant with Connor.
KatelynRose likes this.
#7 of 13 Old 07-27-2014, 02:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
how did u pick up your nickname?

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#8 of 13 Old 07-27-2014, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekatherina View Post
how did u pick up your nickname?
"Bad wolf" is a Doctor Who reference. I might have a small obsession.

9/20/87 is my birthday.
#9 of 13 Old 07-28-2014, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I was hoping that badwolf was a Dr Who reference! Who was your favorite Dr Who companion?

How many times have you read HP, and which is your favorite book?

Do you have a blog that you'd like to share?

Do you know any good jokes?

Do you have a guilty pleasure?
#10 of 13 Old 07-28-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maranapanda View Post
I was hoping that badwolf was a Dr Who reference! Who was your favorite Dr Who companion?

How many times have you read HP, and which is your favorite book?

Do you have a blog that you'd like to share?

Do you know any good jokes?

Do you have a guilty pleasure?
Modern series companion choice is definitely Rose. We even named our pup after her. Classic series companion would definitely be Sarah Jane Smith.

Favorite Harry Potter book is a toss up of the third and fourth. I love Prisoner of Azkaban because we meet Sirius Black and Lupin. Two of my favorites. But I love Goblet of Fire because of the whole darker, mature path it took.

I don't blog these days and deleted it. And I'm not a jokester. It's hard to make me laugh because I'm always so serious.

Guilty pleasure... Rescue animals. My pup Rose and cat Sammy are the only two who aren't rescues. My older dog Blaze is a rescue, and my momma cat was a rescue. Normally I would be fostering two shelter dogs right now and kittens, but being pregnant makes that hard to do.
KatelynRose likes this.
#11 of 13 Old 07-28-2014, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
YES I am in so much excitement over your choices of favorite HP books and your reasoning for it!! I agree wholeheartedly
badwolf092087 likes this.

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#12 of 13 Old 07-29-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatelynRose View Post
YES I am in so much excitement over your choices of favorite HP books and your reasoning for it!! I agree wholeheartedly
I get a lot of "crap" for loving the third book as much as I do. I started reading the series when it first started, so I was either 10 or 11. I had such a horrible, bounced around childhood and it was great to be able to get lost in the books. Every time a new one came out, I was there to get it day one. There are not many people who understand this around me. That's okay, though. I plan on encouraging my kids to all allow themselves to get "lost" in a fantasy world of their own, even if they don't really need to escape. No reason to withhold imagination or creativity.
randic116 and KatelynRose like this.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#13 of 13 Old 07-29-2014, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I love the third book. It's easily my favorite. (usually. My mood sometimes changes the rank) It has such an epic tonal change that sets things up for the next phase in their lives. I started reading them after book 3 came out, and immediately became a super fan. I was in my twenties.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page