Nesting Mode - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

Old 07-27-2014, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Nesting Mode

I'm in it, and I can't escape. Yesterday I was solo all day, so I somehow gained the willpower and pain tolerance to re-do the kitchen. All shelves are reorganized, the new shelving units I've been waiting two months for my husband to build are built and organized, and I even managed to give the cats a new play area. It all bit me in the behind late last night when hubby got home because my ankle swelled up to more than double it's size. Now he's checking in on me while at work to make sure I don't do anything else "major" and keeping the nesting minimal.

I did make a major point that if he brought me (or had someone bring me) to the craft store already, I would be too focused on Maddy's scrapbook and knitting up a storm to want to re-do rooms of the house. It's not like I want to drive to Home Depot, get 6 different gallons of paint and start re-painting the rental. (The idea has crossed my mind)... I just need less time on my hands, and more of it occupied.

Anyone else nesting yet?

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2014, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Nope. Not at all but I can't wait for it to come upon me. ; )
Old 07-27-2014, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Yesssss I want to nest but we are moving before September gets here so I don't have anything to do at this house
I have been scrapbooking though... I made pages for his ultrasound pictures I have also collected quite a few clothes for him and I've done wayyy too much planning ahead hahha I've been making lists since I'm unable to make changes around the house.
I want house plants in our next house and I need to make my beeswax candles for some nontoxic nice lighting at his birth

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
Old 07-27-2014, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been knitting a blanket for baby and we bought a crib and changing table today. We won't need them for quite a while, but we got a good deal. Next, we are going to strip and repaint them. Since my husband and I are both off for the summer, we're looking for projects and baby projects seem to be the most exciting!
Old 07-28-2014, 06:40 AM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I've been nesting for a while now. I have reorganized all the closets in the house, moved DS to the bigger bedroom, purged my closet, emptied DS's old bedroom, reorganized the garage shelves, emptied our storage unit, took loads of stuff to Goodwill. Seriously, my nesting is out of control. My goal was to have all of this done by the end of the month and it looks like I did it. Now I can move on to starting the nursery once we find out what we're having. My goal with that room is to have it all done by mid-October so that I can just kick back and wait on this kid.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
Old 07-28-2014, 06:51 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
@NaturallyMo and @badwolf092087 I'm impressed by your industriousness! I feel much more energy than I have in a long time. I'm able to cook and clean again. I'm gearing up for some serious nesting efforts. My SO wants to repaint the entire apartment which is very daunting to me, but I'd like to get that done before baby arrives. (We did do one room a few weeks back, but I spent most of the day feeling weak and lying on the couch.) Right now the room we've designated the nursery (formerly and office/studio) is full of junk—several boxes of baby stuff someone gave us I need to go through, a bike that got a serious stripping courtesy NYC bandits, and an electric piano. Any takers? JK. I feel as though once I clear away that stuff it will also make my head clear...
Old 07-28-2014, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Believe it or not, I am on "bed rest." I'm honestly not suppose to be doing a lot, but the more people who come in and "clean" or "rearrange" things for, the more I can't handle it. They do it one way, and I'm OCD to a point where if it isn't my way, I need to redo it. So I'm pushing myself to get a room done each week, and to not overdo it to the point where my ankle becomes injured more.

My current project is clearing out old items we don't use, and having a tag sale either this weekend or next.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

User Tag List