• 1 Post By Swan28
  • 1 Post By KatelynRose
  • 2 Post By babylove84

#1 of 9 Old 07-27-2014, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
New member-2nd preg-1st home birth

Hi all. Just wanted to introduce myself. I have a six yr old daughter and I'm expecting my second baby 12/25/14 which is a planned home birth with a midwife. I'm planning on learning hypnobabies to help me manage, everyone ever take this course? Any experienced homebirthers have tips for this first time home birther? Most likely doing a water birth. And pretty sure my daughter will be present. She's very interested and really wants to be there. After I explained what to expect and where babies come out of, she was still very interested in being present so I've found homebirth books for kids and we've been reading them together.
Chapsie likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 07-27-2014, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
@Chapsie has been telling me how incredible hypnobabies is! I want to get the online course!

It's so sweet your daughter wants to be there! I saw a video of a home birth where their 7/8 year old son was present and the mother and father were doing such an amazing job of answering the questions he had.. You could tell he was enthralled, it was adorable! I think it's a beautiful thing to share the miracle of life with young children!
Chapsie likes this.

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 of 9 Old 07-28-2014, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Swan, Hi and Welcome! Katelyn started this awesome thread about home birth here: Calling all experienced home-birth mamas! I have many questions...

it might be interesting to read through!

I used hypnobabies for my last two births (and will with this one). I used the home study course and it was very effective for me. I thought it really helped me stay in a positive mental space to give birth in comfort and joy. I had a cesarean with my first baby and I work in high risk obstetrics as a nurse, so hypnobabies really helps me affirm that "pregnancy is normal, natural, healthy, and safe" and my Bubble of Peace is utilized constantly! I was telling the ladies that with my first hypnobabies birth, I arrived at the hospital at 9.5 cm and the front desk staff couldn't even tell I was in labor. My midwife thought I was only 2cm. She was SUPER happy and surprised that I was so close to birth. That's ALLLLL due to hypnobabies! I won't say that I had a pain free delivery, but it was so positive and so joyful and the the hypnobabies cues and techniques made the pressure waves much more manageable than if I wasn't using them.

RN, IBCLC. DS is 6, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4 of 9 Old 07-28-2014, 07:33 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Welcome and congratulations Swan!

My older children were all present at my homebirths. It was wonderful each time.

North Idaho rural living 
 mama to: 24 yo DD, 18 yo DS, 10 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yr old DS, 4 yo DD, 3 yo DS, and our toddler boy!
God willing, someone new is coming in Jan. 2017!
#5 of 9 Old 08-01-2014, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Welcome!
A friend just lent me some homebirth books for kids that I like, 1.) Hello Baby by Jenni Overend and 2.) Mama Midwife: A Birth Adventure by Christy Tyner. I also plan on having my little one with us.

I just love being a mama to my son born 9/22/2011 and expecting baby early December 2014 joy.gif

cd.gif homebirth.jpg​ familybed1.gif  bfolderchild.gif 

#6 of 9 Old 08-01-2014, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Welcome!
We have Hello Baby!, my kids really like it, it's so pretty. I'll need to look into Mama Midwife.

Last time, and I will do it this time also, I looked up YouTube homebirth videos so they were well prepared.

My daughter was six the last time, and she was a wonderful help to me. She helped pour water on my back while my husband was getting other things set up. It was a very special time.
#7 of 9 Old 08-02-2014, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Amazon Amazon
I have an electronic copy if Runa's Birth, which is another great homebirth children's book, but I can't upload it here. If anyone wants a copy, feel free to message me with your email address and I'll send it to you.
I had prepared my kids to be present for both my home births but they both occurred in the middle of the night (1am and 4am) For my last home birth, my kids knew I was in labor before going to bed and my then 11 year old son played 2 songs for me on his guitar, it was super sweet and a wonderful memory

Laura ~ Mama to three wild and wonderful boys
, our rainbow baby girl on 7/2/12
and our newest baby girl on 12/30/14!
#8 of 9 Old 09-02-2014, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan28 View Post
Hi all. Just wanted to introduce myself. I have a six yr old daughter and I'm expecting my second baby 12/25/14 which is a planned home birth with a midwife. I'm planning on learning hypnobabies to help me manage, everyone ever take this course? Any experienced homebirthers have tips for this first time home birther? Most likely doing a water birth. And pretty sure my daughter will be present. She's very interested and really wants to be there. After I explained what to expect and where babies come out of, she was still very interested in being present so I've found homebirth books for kids and we've been reading them together.
Swan-I swear i was just reading my story!! Only difference is my DD is almost 8 and i am Due the 24th but EVERYTHING is the same even down to hypnobabies.....ok so can we be new friends LOL

also a new member as of today and your the first topic i opened
Chapsie and crunchymama27 like this.
#9 of 9 Old 09-03-2014, 05:10 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
My last two babies came in the early morning hours so my other kids were asleep and that was fine by me. We did watch some videos in case, though.

Even if this pregnancy were normal and I was having another home birth, I would not have at least DS3 there. From the beginning, he has been very worried about how the baby gets out, does it hurt the baby when you cut the cord, etc. I don't think he would do well. So you have to take the child's personality into account (which it sounds like you have.)

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page