Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By dmariev

#1 of 11 Old 08-09-2014, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
*~*~Spotlight on Dmariev~*~*

@dmariev Tell us a little bit about yourself-- what is your favorite thing to do? If you could go on a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?

RN, IBCLC. DS is 5, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
#2 of 11 Old 08-09-2014, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
what sorts of experience with birth have you had thus far- family and friends, remembrances from childhood? what about your partner, what are their birth experiences? what are your feelings and aspirations about birth?
#3 of 11 Old 08-09-2014, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
You know me, I always want to hear your love story. How did you meet your husband?

What is your favorite genre of reading material?

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#4 of 11 Old 08-10-2014, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi ladies! Running errands, will answer your questions by this evening!

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#5 of 11 Old 08-10-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapsie View Post
@dmariev Tell us a little bit about yourself-- what is your favorite thing to do? If you could go on a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Well, I'm nearly 33, this is baby #3 (possibly my last), and pregnancy #5 that I'm aware of. I'm excited, and nervous!

Favorite thing to do would have to be reading. If I could go anywhere, probably Italy. I want to experience real Italian food, and see my roots.

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#6 of 11 Old 08-10-2014, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymama27 View Post
what sorts of experience with birth have you had thus far- family and friends, remembrances from childhood? what about your partner, what are their birth experiences? what are your feelings and aspirations about birth?
I went into labor with DS in my 38th week. I had a 'midwife' at the time who gave me something 5 hours into labor that is being called the reason for the placental abruption I ended up with. DS' s heart rate dropped to nearly gone, and we were transferred to the hospital for an emergency CS. I was completely knocked out for the delivery, and didn't get to see him till he was nearly 3 hours old. We had both lost a lot of blood. He was put on cpap and kept in the NICU. When he was only about 5 hours old, I was asked what plans I wanted to follow if he didn't make it, because his chances didn't look good. I didn't get to hold him till he was 2 days old, but once I was able to hold him, it all tured around. He was released when he was 11 days old, and will be turning 14 this year!!

DD decided to stay in till 41 weeks. I had planned to do a vbac, but I let my fear win, and after almost 11 hours of labor (4 hard) I asked for a CS. I have regrets about that one. A lot of them. I had tried to educate myself as much as possible, but I don't think I had the support I needed at the time. DH was doing his best, but it was his first and it scared him to see me in so much pain.

This baby will most likely be CS as well. The hospital in our little town only has an on-call anesthesiologist, and they almost seem to be afraid of anyone even mentioning vbac. My doc is really cool though. She has not tried to set a date for CS, and hasn't mentioned it aside from when I've brought it up. She gave me a wink and said that if i 'showed up, almost fully dilated, there'd just be no point for a CS, and we'd deliver vaginally'. She's pretty awesome, but I don't know how this one will go yet. I'm honestly terrified of having another CS, but my anxiety is crazy and I'm almost as terrified of uterine rupture. I've had everything go bad before, so it's hard to convince myself that it will 'be ok'. I'm a realistic person.
I've been around homebirths most of my life. All of my siblings were born at home, as were my two nieces and one nephew. I've been present for friends births, and used to dream of being a midwife. Though, after DS's birth, I didn't want the chance of being responsible for such negativity, and forms of loss.

#7 of 11 Old 08-10-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post
You know me, I always want to hear your love story. How did you meet your husband?

What is your favorite genre of reading material?
heh heh I was working as a locksmith, which is a difficult trade to be in as a woman, and I was always trying to prove I was just as good as the guys. (And I was )
one day I watched a young guy leaving his interview with my boss and thought 'great, another jacka## for me to deal with!' I hadn't even met him yet, and I already hated him. I tried to avoid him for a few weeks, but then we'd get talking, and before we knew it, BAM, we were hooked on each other
I was actually in a looong, bad relationship at that time, but he helped me find a way out. We've been together for 8 years now, married for almost 4. He is my best friend, and I wouldn't want a life without him!

As for reading, you could hand me an encyclopedia and I'd be happy! I will read just about anything! And yes, I LOVE Harry Potter
zjande likes this.

#8 of 11 Old 08-13-2014, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Thank you for sharing your stories with us. I didn't realize you already had children.

Met a woman today with a 3 week old who told me about her beautiful Vba2c. Our small local hospital has quit "permitting" vbac since their insurance decided to drop coverage if they didn't desist- no 24/7 anesthesiologist, no dedicated OR. The staff has had a successful program going for awhile though, so most of the patients are going ahead with their plans and signing AMA forms. She said she was going to have to sign one anyway, because they only officially took patients with one prior section, so that didn't phase her. Too much trauma and fear from her first birth to seriously consider it for her 2nd, fear of rupture, but this time she was ready. She went in for a ns test and was 5 cm, a few hours later there was the baby- easiest vbac story I've ever heard!

I hope you find peace in your decisions this time, especially since you are thinking it could be the last. My SIL had all 6 of hers sectioned (5 pregnancies, one set of twins in the middle.) I've often wondered how different my journey might have been, if my first labor had taken longer and we had ended up at the hospital.
#9 of 11 Old 08-13-2014, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
So sorry to read about your first birth experience. Placental abruption is so scary. As a neonatal RN, it is one of my most dreaded obstetric complications to deal with... we've had some pretty bad outcomes with abruptions. I am so so so grateful to hear that your son is a healthy and happy teenager!

What was your childhood like? Do you live near extended family? What did you want to be "when you grew up?"

RN, IBCLC. DS is 5, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
#10 of 11 Old 08-14-2014, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I'm having similar fears- of my looming c/s (unless I change my mind and go for a vbac at home) and fear of rupture! I just hate thinking about it.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#11 of 11 Old 08-21-2014, 09:08 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I drive through the Tracy area sometimes when we head up to Mariposa where my husbands mom lives and where we have property. Its so dry this year!

Are you from that area?

Wow, you were a locksmith thats cool! You must have amazing patience and are good with puzzles I'm guessing.

Can you recommend any good books you have read recently? I'm always looking for one. I just started Ripper by Isabel Allende and its good, fun because its taking place in the Bay Area. My husband got me a kindle fire reader and at first I was not too into reading on it, but have found that I love reading at night with it, and I seem to fly through books on it. I download free library books all the time too! I still love reading real paper books as holding them and turning pages just can't be replaced.

What kind of local things do you like to do as a family, do you go up to the mountains? Camping? Lakes? etc?

I just love being a mama to my son born 9/22/2011 and expecting baby early December 2014 joy.gif

cd.gif homebirth.jpg​ familybed1.gif  bfolderchild.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page