Growth spurt? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

Old 08-10-2014, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Growth spurt?

Has anyone else been feeling really "stretched" and uncomfortable this week? I'm almost 22 weeks and for the last week I just feel HEAVY. I've been having a ton of cramping, stretching, my breasts are uncomfortable, and the skin on my belly is tight. Is there a big growth spurt around this time? Any suggestions for alleviating the cramping and discomfort? Right now I'm just taking it easy, but I'm EXHAUSTED. Anyone else?

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2014, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
My boobs itch like mad. I actually scratched welts in them. My round ligaments were pretty unhappy last week but are better this week. I think this is a big growth time.

Wear a support belt?

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
Old 08-10-2014, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Oh my goodness yes! And I'm only about 19 weeks! Mostly I have felt it in my boobs, I quit wearing a bra unless I go somewhere important... I just give up. I'm a 38 DDD or E or whatever you want to call it, right now, and I can't find anything decent anyway. So who cares?! :P

Old 08-10-2014, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yes yes yes. : )
Old 08-11-2014, 06:24 AM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Me all day. It really started about 3 weeks ago but I have my days. I've definitely felt heavy but the stretching aches and pains are the worst. I take it a reminder that things are moving as they should Totally getting a support belt though.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
Old 08-11-2014, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I have been getting SEVERE pain on the lower sides of my belly-- I'm thinking round ligament pain, as it often happens if I try to get up from laying down and my belly is "stretched". It is so painful, it makes me and stop do deep breathing. It is right by the ends of my cesarean incision so I often get freaked out about the integrity of my uterus, but I'm sure that has nothing to do with it, it is probably just growing and stretching round ligaments. This is my fourth baby (6th pregnancy) and I don't remember having round ligament pain this badly before, though...

RN, IBCLC. DS is 6, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

I've also had a lot of bowel discomfort, which I think is making things worse. I'm not sure if that's part and parcel of the growth spurt or hormones or something else entirely, but I'm picking up some probiotics today. @Galatea , the itchy boobs are so annoying!

I have a support belt somewhere, but we just moved and I haven't seen it in weeks. I might just have to buy another one.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Chapsie - I also have gotten sharp cramps in my lower belly a few times, usually when I'm in a hurry and moving quickly like getting out of my car - I had to stop and breathe and not move the other day to let the cramp pass.
I'm growing much quicker this pregnancy than I remember with the others (I'll have to go and look at pictures to compare) I have been using a lavendar massage oil on my belly and breasts already - I've used it each time to try to prevent stretch marks and its works, at least, I tell myself the oil is the reason, it might just be genetics! I rub the lavendar oil on generously after my nightly shower and it puts in me in a relaxing state, ready for bed. My breasts hurt too - mostly my nipples, but I am still breastfeeding my toddler just the tiniest amount.

Laura ~ Mama to three wild and wonderful boys , our rainbow baby girl on 7/2/12 and expecting #5 on 12/24/14

Old 08-12-2014, 06:54 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I have been applying more lotion to my boobs and powdering if it is hot out, and just plain avoiding scratching them. I also get round ligament pains, but they are only terrible after sex. It's actually pretty funny - the surest sign I enjoyed myself is me immediately curling into a ball on my side.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
Old 08-14-2014, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

For those who use maternity support belts, how do you wear them under clothes? I have some thin sundresses and t-shirts that would definitely show the belt underneath. It seems like the only things you could really wear them with are totally non-form fitting dresses. Any luck with anything? Even adding a camisole doesn't help in my case. I have the Medela moderate support version and it's not subtle at all.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
@LilyTiger , I hated mine for that exact reason. Mine actuallly went over my shoulders and could be seen around my neck in every shirt I wore. At the end I wore it because I had to, subtle or not. You would think that they could figure out how to make one that wasn't atrocious.

Gretchen , Mom to DD (7/09) DS (7/11) Expecting #3 12-14
Old 08-15-2014, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyTiger View Post
Has anyone else been feeling really "stretched" and uncomfortable this week? I'm almost 22 weeks and for the last week I just feel HEAVY. I've been having a ton of cramping, stretching, my breasts are uncomfortable, and the skin on my belly is tight. Is there a big growth spurt around this time? Any suggestions for alleviating the cramping and discomfort? Right now I'm just taking it easy, but I'm EXHAUSTED. Anyone else?
I am with you on all the above. I am already struggling with my shoes and socks and just can't seem to get comfortable, whether sitting watching a film or in bed at night.
Just 4 and a half months to go.....

*******Feeling blessed******IVF Success****** Darling baby boy is due in Dec 2014*****

User Tag List