weekly chat thread 8/11- 8/18 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 22Likes

#1 of 56 Old 08-11-2014, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
weekly chat thread 8/11- 8/18

So my 16 month old has to be nicknamed "the destructor"-- I CANNOT get housework done when she is up! I fold some laundry and she knocks it on the floor. I load the dishwasher, and she starts pulling out and playing with dirty plates. So much to get accomplished at home but all she wants is for me to play with her!

My older two are sick with colds, so they have been extra needy as well. It's been a busy couple of days-- my son's birthday party on Saturday and lots of odds and ends yesterday. Today was supposed to be a "catch up" day for home chores, but it turned into "play with the kids" day instead.

23 weeks! Love feeling all the kicks! Baby girl seems to be doing well. I feel ok... pretty normal other than the round ligament pain occasionally and I already yearn to sleep on my back and my stomach! I just get so uncomfortable on my sides all night long, even though I am normally a side sleeper naturally.

How is everyone? I have to keep reminding myself to get outside and enjoy summer before it is gone and we are locked inside for another long and cold winter! At least we'll have new squishes to snuggle while we are cabin-fevered!
crunchymama27 likes this.

RN, IBCLC. DS is 5, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 56 Old 08-11-2014, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Oh I feel your pain! My now 4 year old was just like that! Now, she is a super helpful little girl, and when she makes a mess will clean it right back up!

I am stuck inside whether I want to be or not. If I go outside I immediately start sneezing. So I'm putzing around the house cleaning and organizing. We got some rain today so hoping tomorrow will be calmer with less pollen and I can go out in the morning for a bit!

I hear you on the back/stomach sleeping. I used to wake up with both arms asleep, until i tried my hubby's chiropractor recommended ortho pillow, and then I wouldn't let him have it back! So he bought me one too. My arms no longer fall asleep!! I've been having groin pain, which I'm hoping the chiro can adjust. She usually does, and it hurts like you wouldn't believe, but then afterwards it's SO much relief!!

#3 of 56 Old 08-11-2014, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

yes, I had horrible sympysis pubic pain at around 28-30 weeks pregnant with my third and the chiropractor totally cured me!

I really can't complain too much... other than round ligament pain when I get up too quickly, I feel very well! I just have to calm down my ice cream cravings (easier said than done!). I am really trying to limit weight gain this time around like I did for my third... my first two kids were 9.5 lbs and although I tested negative for gestational diabetes with all pregnancies, I have a very strong family history for diabetes and wonder if there was underlying insulin resistance in those pregnancies... So last time, starting in the second half of my second trimester, I ate as if I were diabetic (no refined sugars, increased protein) and I gained a total of 35 lbs (instead of 40-45lbs) and my baby was *only* 8 lb 12 oz and I felt fantastic in pregnancy. Hoping to have similar results this go around.

#4 of 56 Old 08-12-2014, 03:25 AM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Chapsie My children were 8 lb15oz and 9 lb 5oz. I didn't test positive for gestational diabetes either. I haven't tested this time yet but by my ultrasound the baby was already measuring big. My grandmas babies were over 10 and over 12!!!! Then she stopped having kids after the 12 lb baby lol. I guess it just runs in the family. I always think little 5 lb babies or even 7 lb babies for that matter seem so small. I think at 7 lbs my kids were that big when I was 8 months pregnant lol. However I have never gained a ton of weight. It's usually all in my belly and done in my behind lol.
Feeling really good despite some insomnia. After 4 hours of sleep I wake and can't go back to sleep. Then by the time I do hubby is getting up fit work, then I fall back asleep again and the baby is up. Oh well. I guess I'll just be used to it when I have the new baby
Still doing good on weight gain. Averaging a lb a week after the first 12 weeks which was my goal. I'm under goal right now actually. I've gained 13 total at 21 weeks. I'll be be 22 weeks Wednesday. Feeling more kicks and movement but still nothing strong enough for hubby or kids to feel and I think this is because of the anterior placenta. It's definitely getting stronger and stronger each week though.
Nothing much else to report. Trying to start buying back to school stuff. Daughter started soccer. Oh and I ordered a rock n play today so I'm excited about that. It was my last big purchase. My friend let me borrow hers with my last baby and he slept in it for three months, and he would sleep like 6 hours straight sometimes!!! So I knew I had to get one. I also have a little co-sleeper but
We only have a queen and my husband is a tall man so if he's in bed too it doesn't got too well. I mostly use it when I'm napping alone with baby!
#5 of 56 Old 08-12-2014, 05:14 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Is anyone besides me dealing with excessive thirst? I am constantly thirsty and downing crazy amounts of water. Is this normal?

The past two mornings have been exhausting. I don't why I've been so sleepy despite getting enough rest. Could be the baby growing. Speaking of the baby growing, I must be in the 2nd trimester haze because I feel like my normal self (today!) with the exception of a very round belly and an increasing appetite.

Hope you guys have a great day!

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#6 of 56 Old 08-12-2014, 05:58 AM

@NaturallyMo , exsessive thirst could be gestational diabetes...

@Chapsie , I tested positive for gd, but my numbers were barely above where they want them, with both my first two pregnancies. Then I had babies who were 6 lbs or less! With my third one, my midwife did the finger poke testing, and also she sent my blood away to a lab to be tested at a better level, which said I did NOT have it. So, honestly, I don't trust the clinical testing... the first two were done in a clinic, the third at a private birth center. This one, I have a different midwife and she has me eat a specific meal, then test my sugar. We'll see how it goes.
#7 of 56 Old 08-12-2014, 06:02 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
We have a Tempurpedic and I can still sleep on my stomach, as long as my one leg is bent. Best purchase we ever made. We bought it when I was pg with DS2 and it was a revelation - I no longer needed a nest of pillows to sleep. I can stay on one side all night and my arm doesn't go numb. The only downside is that it is not great for sex - it absorbs all the motion and makes the man really tired.

I am hoping to pass the GD test easily again. Sugar doesn't bother me. I saw an interesting discussion of insulin and weight gain in pregnancy. They suggested that some people are just super efficient at having insulin store everything as fat while pg, and so they gain weight even if they don't eat a ton of food. I think this is me, esp. since I never break 100 on the GD test and I gain 50 lbs each time. Currently I am up 24 lbs at 22 weeks, and that is good for me. Babies were between 7 and 8.5 lbs, so normal sized. @NaturallyMo , being very tired and thirsty, maybe it is a sign you need to ask about - thirst is common in diabetes.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#8 of 56 Old 08-12-2014, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
@NaturallyMo - sure hope its just thirst and not GD. I seem to be craving salty foods lately which leads to downing a lot of water afterwards.

So the pregnancy hormones are kicking in big time. I was catching up on facebook posts this morning in the parking lot at work, and was overcome with tears, reading a friend's heartbreak over the memories of her brother's suicide 15 years ago, which was triggered by Robin Williams passing. I'm a social worker by profession, so I can't afford to weep at every sad story that I hear.

As for weight gain, I'm trying hard to keep it at a minimuim, even though my belly feels huge for 21 weeks. I started the pregnancy 20 pounds heavier than I'd like to be, so a weight gain of 20- 25 pounds would be ideal. I don't have a scale at home, so I'm hoping for the best at my next appointment. At my last appt (19-20 weeks), I had gained about 6 pounds total.

I'm scouring the virtual yard sales on facebook for a used belly support band. I think I found one for $8 (normally $45 new) - hoping it works out!

Laura ~ Mama to three wild and wonderful boys , our rainbow baby girl on 7/2/12 and expecting #5 on 12/24/14

#9 of 56 Old 08-12-2014, 10:43 AM

I hope its not GD either! I've been eating very well this pregnancy and have only gained two pounds. I guess we'll see what happens when I go in for my check-up in two weeks.

Here's another thing I've been meaning to inquire with you ladies about (TMI ALERT!!). I've noticed that each DH and I DTD everything seems "tighter". Not that that's a bad thing but I honestly feel like its my first time all over again. The initial pain and then everything is good. Granted I do my kegels religiously but I don't remember DTD being this slightly uncomfortable while pregnant with DS. As a matter of fact, I was ALWAYS ready. My libido is fine but I just wonder if this is yet another pregnancy quirk. The other night I almost told him to just forget it since it was slightly uncomfortable.

Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

#10 of 56 Old 08-12-2014, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I have been craving salt and drinking a lot of water as well. According to the Brewer diet this is good and normal for your body and helps with the rapid blood volume expansion of the second trimester. Salting to taste and adequate fluids in your diet actually protect you from pregnancy induced hypertension. From what I understand, salt, fluid, protein (80g-100g per day) and adequate vitamins from food sources, like leafy greens, beans, oranges and other vegetables and fruits, provides your liver with the resources it needs, otherwise water retention and high blood pressure result.

If you feel more nausea than normal, extreme irritability or have odd fruity breath then you may want to contact your doctor, as those are signs of too much blood sugar. Otherwise, if you feel ok, then it sounds like what you are feeling might be normal!
Chapsie and crunchymama27 like this.
#11 of 56 Old 08-12-2014, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
@NaturallyMo I have been reading a lot about kegels. I found that pelvic floor health is more complicated than I thought and I have learned a lot about the importance of squatting and other such exercises!

Katy Bowman provides a lot of good information about this topic:

http://mamasweat.blogspot.com/2010/0...s-are-not.html

http://mamasweat.blogspot.com/2010/0...or-encore.html

http://www.katysays.com/you-dont-know-squat/

http://www.katysays.com/you-still-dont-know-squat/
KatelynRose likes this.
#12 of 56 Old 08-12-2014, 02:41 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post
Here's another thing I've been meaning to inquire with you ladies about (TMI ALERT!!). I've noticed that each DH and I DTD everything seems "tighter". Not that that's a bad thing but I honestly feel like its my first time all over again. The initial pain and then everything is good. Granted I do my kegels religiously but I don't remember DTD being this slightly uncomfortable while pregnant with DS. As a matter of fact, I was ALWAYS ready. My libido is fine but I just wonder if this is yet another pregnancy quirk. The other night I almost told him to just forget it since it was slightly uncomfortable.
My DH says that pregnant vagina is a delicacy. Meaning, it's fun because it's swollen/tight. It doesn't hurt me, though. I guess more warmup?

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#13 of 56 Old 08-12-2014, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, randic and apeydef, my third pregnancy was GD tested with finger sticks 4x a day with an accompanying food log and all my blood sugars were very good. I am so thankful, because my mom and both grandmas had gestational diabetes. Both my parents were 9.5 lbs at birth, I was 10 lb 8 oz when I was born, and my grandma's 6th baby was 13.5 lbs!!!! (and she was only 4 foot 11 inches!!!) I really don't know how that is possible, but my mom swears it is true! (vaginal birth at that).

I am hoping for another baby less than 9 lbs this time, but I guess I'm ok with anything less than 10. Not that my 9 lb 8 oz baby was that hard to give birth to, but the 8 lb 12 oz baby just seemed to slide on out in comparison!

#14 of 56 Old 08-13-2014, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post
I hope its not GD either! I've been eating very well this pregnancy and have only gained two pounds. I guess we'll see what happens when I go in for my check-up in two weeks.

How's it going with yeast? that can cause issues. even if you don't have external burning and discharge, you can have active candida overgrowth. if you mix 1/2 apple cider vinegar and 1/2 water and -very gently no force you don't want to wash out your mucus plug- douche with that, and you have any burning, you know it's an infection, though it may not be yeast. was your husband treated for yeast when you were?? I'm amazed at how few doctors realize the need to treat everyone in the household for yeast issues and everyone who is in the vagina for vaginal yeast. It could just be reinfection. Yeast for men is often asymptomatic.

I don't do testing for GD, because I think the testing is detrimental- I just focus on eating a healthy diet (which for me is Brewer diet based.) IME a lot of extra thirst is normal, because you are increasing your blood volume by so much, increasing amniotic fluid, replacing the total volume of amnio fluid every 24 hours- that's a lot of fluid! For me though I'm still nursing so part of my thirst is coming from that as well...

HTH
#15 of 56 Old 08-13-2014, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
First prenatal appointment (and hopefully only?!) with doctor today. I'm excited to get it over with already. Yesterday brought home to me that it might not be the reasonably supportive, accepting visit I'd like, but I'm not thinking it will be an exercise in fear factor and intimidation either- maybe somewhere in between? Yesterday I was trying to get appointments for kids to get vaccine waivers signed (we are looking into doing homeschool charter school this year, mostly for financial reasons- art supplies!! and the IST assures me she is supportive of child-led learning and younger kids will not be testing.) Not only could I not get appointments for them to see the Dr of my choice, but they called me back and cancelled 2 existing appointments with him for other kids- which were not made for waivers but for medical reasons- leaving me uncertain as to what is going on with this guy and his nurse. yech. Thankfully it will be over in a few hours!

Lots of extra stress this week too from landlady scheduling a walk through. I will in no way be ready with a clean house- if I am lucky the kitchen and the floors will get done- but that should be over on Thursday. I figure she will be giving us notice, or not, regardless of what I do in the next day. I'm milking the cows for my farmer using a machine 4 days a week now- tonight I train on the new machine- and that's been taking a lot of my time, learning to do that and now relearning. phew. I was going to try to go into town to deal with
bureaucracies today as well, but if the appointment stresses me out too much I may just come home and vent for awhile instead. We'll see what gets done today!

baby is moving plenty, that gives me smiles. ~Alison
#16 of 56 Old 08-13-2014, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
How fun that you're spending time with cows and udders and milk Allison! A great escape from all the stressors you mentioned.

I had my 20 week anatomy scan yesterday. It was so much fun! Technology has improved so much- wow that ultrasound was clear! What a cute little wiggly baby. I did not find out gender!

I was also handed the nasty glucose drink and told "it's routine", I'd be taking the GD test. I declined and they sure didn't like that. I took that test/drink with my first baby only. I don't consume very much sugar! That drink made me soo ill! I see no reason to do that to my body. Blecch. I have no worries about GD. I believe my diet and body are quite healthy.

Speaking of births weights, 4 out of my 7 babies weighed 8lbs 13oz exactly. Isn't that funny. My biggest was 10lbs 6oz, my smallest little premie was 5lbs 4oz, almost half the size as his brother.

Plans for today are to make an enormous batch of chili and can it. We're working hard at making space in the freezers for our pig and steer that need butchering. I did some blog updating.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#17 of 56 Old 08-13-2014, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Hey everyone! Good to see you all hanging in there

My last midwife wanted to test for GD but I wasn't aware of what that entailed.. I don't think I my current midwife will want to test but I am expected to eat healthy and I haven't been doing that so well while we were on the road. *shame* but now that we have a full kitchen again we are getting back on track. I had a major sweet tooth for awhile there! I try to eat fruit though when I get a craving for sweets. Fruit is natures candy anyway, right?!

Wellll we are back in Texas and it is HOT HOT HOT. Scorching. Miserable. I tried going out for a walk this morning but only made it a few blocks before turning back, already start into get a headache from the heat. I feel so lazy I've been taking a nap during the hottest part of the day everyday since we've been back (since Saturday). The drive really wore us out! We made it though! I'm proud of our little 22 year old four cylinder truck hauling all of our heavy stuff! Impressed, really. We thought we'd have car troubles, or even trailer troubles, but everything made it back safely.
We stopped at our friends houses on the way back (didn't want to stay in motels and luckily we have friends at convenient points on the way home) and both of them have older babies so we got some free baby equipment (nursing pillow, high chair, some clothes, and a great midwife recommendation). That was nice. Right now most of our stuff besides a suitcase of clothes is in storage .. We are staying with my inlaws until we find a place. It is SO WONDERFUL to be back around friends and family, and out of Portland. We would love to go back to southern oregon someday for homesteading, but we really despised Portland.

I've already found a new midwife and I already like her SO MUCH MORE than the one I had found in Portland. Our philosophies are much more aligned. I'm very excited it worked out this way

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#18 of 56 Old 08-13-2014, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

@zjande , I'm so surprised they wanted you to do the glucola so early! GDM usually doesn't manifest until the placental hormones start changing around 27-28 weeks. Most providers like to screen for GDM at 28 weeks.

@crunchymama27 -- do you still have abundant milk for your nurslings? I am also "still nursing" my one year old, but I am TOTALLY dried up. I can maybe express a couple of drops of milk (not colostrum) and I can tell based on her suckling that she isn't able to get anything out either. I lost my milk gradually between like 13 and 16 weeks.

#19 of 56 Old 08-13-2014, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
My GD test is next week on the 19th. Even though I eat healthy minus some cravings here and there, diabetes in general is a family issue. Better to be safe than sorry. There's no pressure from anyone, and it's something I'm completely comfortable with.

On a huge and positive note, the house owning thing is happening! We can move in as of the first! Not much time to pack, but I can do it. No more landlords, no more restrictions, and no more figuring out if I'm going to need to move at the end of a lease. The room that we have for Madison in the new house is almost 3x the size of the room we have set up here. I'll have an office again. And we will be the owners of almost an acre of land. Plus, the neighborhood is full of kids and animals and it's so peaceful. I'm excited! I know I wanted to wait on moving till I gave birth, but this is a big blessing and we've been waiting almost a decade for a change like this.
3surfboys and LilyTiger like this.
#20 of 56 Old 08-13-2014, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
@zjande , I love your list of things to do today. How awesome to have your own pig and steer!

@KatelynRose , welcome back to the surface of the sun! Ha! I am doing my best not to complain though because it hasn't truly been hot until August, such a mild summer for here, I am thankful. Do you mind me asking which midwife you are seeing? I see Julia Bower and Laurie Fremgen and love them. Glad to hear you guys had a good trip!
zjande likes this.
#21 of 56 Old 08-13-2014, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
@BadWolf , yay, happy for you!
#22 of 56 Old 08-14-2014, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Just a quick post to say I'm feeling the baby move soooo much more this week and I'm loving it!

Laura ~ Mama to three wild and wonderful boys , our rainbow baby girl on 7/2/12 and expecting #5 on 12/24/14

#23 of 56 Old 08-14-2014, 10:32 AM

I just did my first big purchase for the baby. I bought a carseat canopy that came with tons of pieces. I love it! It should here late next week.

Also it feels like the baby is sitting really low now. I've felt tons of movement in my lower belly.

Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

#24 of 56 Old 08-14-2014, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
On a huge and positive note, the house owning thing is happening! We can move in as of the first! Not much time to pack, but I can do it. No more landlords, no more restrictions, and no more figuring out if I'm going to need to move at the end of a lease. The room that we have for Madison in the new house is almost 3x the size of the room we have set up here. I'll have an office again. And we will be the owners of almost an acre of land. Plus, the neighborhood is full of kids and animals and it's so peaceful. I'm excited! I know I wanted to wait on moving till I gave birth, but this is a big blessing and we've been waiting almost a decade for a change like this.
Congrats! We just moved to almost an acre and it has been amazing (and exhausting). We've been in the house officially two weeks now and I just love it. Hopefully we'll be fully unpacked by next week and can finally start cooking real meals. We're hoping to get some raised beds started next spring; it's too late to do much with it now though.
@NaturallyMo , this babe feels super low too! Tons of kicks way down. I can tell the head is to the right, so I can't really tell whether it's feet or wriggling fingers I'm feeling low. Definitely different than with my daughter though.
badwolf092087 likes this.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#25 of 56 Old 08-14-2014, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
@jmay I'm seeing Mandy Toavs
Oh man we have heard from EVERYONE that it really didn't get so hot here until we just arrived.. OF COURSE.

Titus has been kicking much more now as well! I love it! And he is DEFINITELY quite low, it's strange I didn't expect that.
#26 of 56 Old 08-14-2014, 08:45 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Kate, good to hear from you! I'm glad your trip was good. I'm sorry about the heat. Ug. I truly dislike hot days. When I was in Portland, I birthed with midwives from Vivante. I really love the name Titus!
@Chapsie , she had actually wanted me to take the glucola home to drink before my next appt, at 24 weeks. I'm just the same- nursing my 15 mo old, totally dried up during the same timeframe as you.

Badwolf that is awesome!! Congratulations! You know, we made our huge move to a farm in a new state when I was 33 weeks along. When you find the right home, you just gotta go!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#27 of 56 Old 08-15-2014, 01:40 AM

Hi Kate!so glad to hear you made it safely! That sucks about the heat. It seems ten times worse when pregnant...

@BadWolf , we moved when I was around 6 months with my last babe, and doing anything gave me contractions, so I had to sit around and tell everyone what to do. Which is SO not me. I love to work! but congrats, that's so exciting!
#28 of 56 Old 08-15-2014, 01:50 AM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapsie View Post
@zjande , I'm so surprised they wanted you to do the glucola so early! GDM usually doesn't manifest until the placental hormones start changing around 27-28 weeks. Most providers like to screen for GDM at 28 weeks.

@crunchymama27 -- do you still have abundant milk for your nurslings? I am also "still nursing" my one year old, but I am TOTALLY dried up. I can maybe express a couple of drops of milk (not colostrum) and I can tell based on her suckling that she isn't able to get anything out either. I lost my milk gradually between like 13 and 16 weeks.
I'm nursing my 22 month old and I am completely dried up. I think about a month ago I dried up but this was probably part to do with going from nursing all day and all night to night weaning and cutting out some day feedings to now only nursing before nap and bed. Same here only little drops and no let down. I tried to ask him
Last night if anything was coming out but I don't know if he understood what I meant. Or he's scared to say no bc he thinks them we will be done lol
#29 of 56 Old 08-15-2014, 06:05 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by randic116 View Post
Hi Kate!so glad to hear you made it safely! That sucks about the heat. It seems ten times worse when pregnant...

@BadWolf , we moved when I was around 6 months with my last babe, and doing anything gave me contractions, so I had to sit around and tell everyone what to do. Which is SO not me. I love to work! but congrats, that's so exciting!
I'm 25 weeks tomorrow, so it's going to be a challenge not doing everything I was able to do when we moved into our temp home. I'm packing everything I possibly can solo, going with different friends and family members to paint and clean, and my husband told me I "have" to tell him and our friends what to do. Apparently that's an order. It's all so last minute, but it's a big and exciting change.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#30 of 56 Old 08-15-2014, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone, I've not been online much the past few weeks. Enjoying the summer and keeping busy outside. Trying to get away, but husband is too busy with work and can't take any time off. I'm looking forward to the end of the month when my little guy and I drive up north a few hours to a 4 day Northern California Womens Herbal Symposium that I've been going to for years! Its special to me because the area where its located is near where my grandfather lived and I've spent so much time there when growing up, so I try and connect with old family friends the few days before and after too.

I'm 24 weeks this week. Think last week was a big growth spurt for baby. This baby so far seems way more mellow and only really feel kicks and movement way low and inside. Baby also seems to be only moving at night, so maybe I'm just sleeping through most stuff. I was having painful lower back pain (sciatica) and saw a chiropractor/cranial sacral therapy who was amazing and I'm totally pain free now. I'm super lucky that she lives in the same town as me and even specializes in pregnancy and kids! She says its more from picking up my 35lb guy...

I was borderline for gestational diabetes last time and had to do the 4 times a day finger prick. Have been doing the same this whole pregnancy and so far everything is good. But it really sucks not being able to eat whatever I want, hello pregnancy fruit and thai food cravings! I'm not doing the test this time, its so awful! All in all its been very interesting to see how different foods effect me. I will admit that I do splurge once in awhile and eat Indian and or Thai food... pregnancy cravings are unstoppable!

Aviva Romm wrote this info a few months ago and has some good thoughts on gestational diabetes testing for anyone interested:
http://avivaromm.com/dont-drink-gluc...ional-diabetes
and part 2
http://avivaromm.com/glucose-testing-pregnancy

Hugs, Nicole

I just love being a mama to my son born 9/22/2011 and expecting baby early December 2014 joy.gif

cd.gif homebirth.jpg​ familybed1.gif  bfolderchild.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page