• 2 Post By MamaNicole
  • 1 Post By MamaNicole
  • 1 Post By MamaNicole

#1 of 9 Old 08-18-2014, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
*~*~Spotlight on MamaNicole~*~*

Sorry for the delay-- I've been so busy working that I haven't had a chance to get to the laptop since last week!

But... here we are! @MamaNicole , please tell us about yourself? What is the one thing about yourself that you love the most? If you could move to another country, which one would it be and why? What is your favorite activity to do on your free time? What is your favorite season?

RN, IBCLC. DS is 5, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
#2 of 9 Old 08-18-2014, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Do you live in city or country?
How did you meet your husband?

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#3 of 9 Old 08-19-2014, 12:43 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What is the one thing about yourself that you love the most?
I'm pretty mellow and easy going.

If you could move to another country, which one would it be and why?
Easy, India! I just love it there, and feel like I'm at home there when visiting.

What is your favorite activity to do on your free time?
Free time? Don't really have that right now, but when my little guy is napping recently I've been napping with him too. If I did have a few hours I would be doing something in nature like hiking.

What is your favorite season?
Spring, I like watching the plants change so fast, and get excited about the coming summer months. Fall is nice where I live too, as its nice weather and quiet.

In a little beach town. Its on the coast 1.5 hours north of San Francisco. We are surrounded by the Point Reyes National Seashore parklands north and south of us and east there is more protected lands (great hiking!). Everything else (bigger towns) takes at least 45 min to drive to, for shopping etc, but we do have 2 small basic food stores in town and local farm stands. I'm actually just living 1/2 hour north of the very small area where I grew up, so its nice to have my parents so close. I really love this area, I know it well from growing up here, but it has so much to offer; such diverse nature (Redwoods, oaks, grassy hills), hiking, beaches, farmlands, and when we need some city culture its visitable as a day trip. I'm actually not a cold foggy weather lover, but like that I can just drive a bit inland and its hot and sunny when its foggy on the coast.

I had just moved back to California from Eastern Washington and was housesitting a friends house for the winter (here in the town we are living in) he was living next door. I would walk my dog every morning and we would always talk a bit. He would also see me in the little natural foods store I was working at in town too.
Chapsie and crunchymama27 like this.

I just love being a mama to my son born 9/22/2011 and expecting baby early December 2014 joy.gif

cd.gif homebirth.jpg​ familybed1.gif  bfolderchild.gif 

#4 of 9 Old 08-19-2014, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaNicole View Post
What is the one thing about yourself that you love the most?
I'm pretty mellow and easy going.

If you could move to another country, which one would it be and why?
Easy, India! I just love it there, and feel like I'm at home there when visiting.

What is your favorite activity to do on your free time?
Free time? Don't really have that right now, but when my little guy is napping recently I've been napping with him too. If I did have a few hours I would be doing something in nature like hiking.

What is your favorite season?
Spring, I like watching the plants change so fast, and get excited about the coming summer months. Fall is nice where I live too, as its nice weather and quiet.

In a little beach town. Its on the coast 1.5 hours north of San Francisco. We are surrounded by the Point Reyes National Seashore parklands north and south of us and east there is more protected lands (great hiking!). Everything else (bigger towns) takes at least 45 min to drive to, for shopping etc, but we do have 2 small basic food stores in town and local farm stands. I'm actually just living 1/2 hour north of the very small area where I grew up, so its nice to have my parents so close. I really love this area, I know it well from growing up here, but it has so much to offer; such diverse nature (Redwoods, oaks, grassy hills), hiking, beaches, farmlands, and when we need some city culture its visitable as a day trip. I'm actually not a cold foggy weather lover, but like that I can just drive a bit inland and its hot and sunny when its foggy on the coast.

I had just moved back to California from Eastern Washington and was housesitting a friends house for the winter (here in the town we are living in) he was living next door. I would walk my dog every morning and we would always talk a bit. He would also see me in the little natural foods store I was working at in town too.
MamaNicole,

How were you born? How was your oldest? What is your and his families viewpoint on birth? Do you have family support for your birth and parenting decisions?

Sounds like a lovely place to live, I'm jealous of your proximity to the city! Wishing I'd been more diligent in making that day trip when we lived in Santa Cruz, we haven't even begun to explore Bay area museums. We are needing to drive down to Van Damme SP to pickup my 14 yo dd, who has been on an extended trip south visiting a friend and other homeschool families since the Homeschool Association of California annual conference. Beginning of the 2 week in September? Guessing that is pretty close to you since we are coastal too and it's a little over 3 hours from us, 5 hours to SF from here. If you'd like to get together for a playdate and lunch, message me and LMK, I could bring my 3.5 yo ds down.

~Alison
#5 of 9 Old 08-19-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymama27 View Post
MamaNicole,

How were you born? How was your oldest? What is your and his families viewpoint on birth? Do you have family support for your birth and parenting decisions?
How were you born?
I was born in a hospital.

How was your oldest?
I only have one little guy who will turn three September 22nd! He was born at home and to actually answer the next question, Do you have family support for your birth and parenting decisions? YES, as we were actually staying at my parents when he was born. We had just returned from traveling around Ecuador and Peru and decided to save some money by living with them. I found out I was pregnant the first time 2 weeks after buying non refundable one way plane tickets to South America, and since everything was good with the pregnancy went traveling.
He is my parents first grandchild, so it was so great to have support and help the first few months. My mom loved that we wanted to cloth diaper as she did cloth diapers for my brother and I. I would for sure say that my mom and I have even gotten much closer since I became a mother. But that when we moved out 3 months later that was wonderful too My husband is from Rhode Island, but has been living in California longer than he lived there. His family is mostly over there, so don't see them much.

I use to live in Santa Cruz! Loved it there...
I'm hoping to be up in the Trinity river area that time in September, but if around it would be great to try and meet up some how!
crunchymama27 likes this.

I just love being a mama to my son born 9/22/2011 and expecting baby early December 2014 joy.gif

#6 of 9 Old 08-19-2014, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Hey I have a little one turning 3 on sept 25th! She was born at home too.

The Pt. Reyes area IS so pretty and fun!!

What kind of work does your husband do?

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#7 of 9 Old 08-21-2014, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
@MamaNicole what is your favorite thing about being pregnant? Favorite thing about birth? Favorite thing about being a mother?

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#8 of 9 Old 08-21-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post

What kind of work does your husband do?
My husband is a carpenter. The homes in this area are always needing some fixing up and or remodeling, so recently thats what he has been doing the most of.

#9 of 9 Old 08-21-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatelynRose View Post
@MamaNicole what is your favorite thing about being pregnant? Favorite thing about birth? Favorite thing about being a mother?
I love being pregnant! It sure is different this 2nd time, I'm so busy with my little guy and time seems to be flying by. Its just so amazing having and feeling a new life growing and moving inside me.

Favorite thing about birth? Getting to meet and see the little one. The amazing feeling of love and amazement after.

Favorite thing about being a mother? Don't know about having a favorite, there are so many, but watching someone grow and change has been amazing me recently.
KatelynRose likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page