Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

Old 08-19-2014, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
*~*~Spotlight on Maranapanda~*~*

@maranapanda

What is your favorite movie? Tell us a favorite childhood memory. If you had to move to another US state to live, which one would you pick? What are your plans for this birth?

RN, IBCLC. DS is 6, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2014, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
@maranapanda I would like to know your favorite meal 1) that you prepare yourself and 2) that someone else (or a restaurant) prepares for you?
I love food hahahah even more now that I'm pregnant. It's always on my mind.

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
Old 08-22-2014, 12:21 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapsie View Post
@maranapanda

What is your favorite movie? Tell us a favorite childhood memory. If you had to move to another US state to live, which one would you pick? What are your plans for this birth?
I've had a lot of favorite movies through out my life. I'm not very good at picking just one, or even ten. But one movie has been a favorite for so long and so consistently: The Princess Bride

Hmm. Favorite childhood memory? Probably summers. Swimming in one of my grandparent's pool, exploring the other grandparent's 30 acre farm, camping in the Cascade Mountains, and playing with my younger sister.

One state to move to? Today it's Oregon. Sometimes it's Washington. Consistently it's most areas North of Eugene and west of the mountain range going all the way to the Canadian border.

I'm planning another homebirth. I'd like it to be longer than my last, which was less than two hours. I'd like to be able to use my birthing pool. And I'd like to go ahead and plan for it to be super awesome!
Old 08-22-2014, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatelynRose View Post
@maranapanda I would like to know your favorite meal 1) that you prepare yourself and 2) that someone else (or a restaurant) prepares for you?
I love food hahahah even more now that I'm pregnant. It's always on my mind.
I totally get it. I'm kinda food obsessed right now. My husband does all of our cooking. I make better scrambled eggs than he does, and I also make kick ass sandwiches. That sounds pretty lame, I know. My husband Matt is an amazing chef. He doesn't mess around. He likes to challenge himself to explore new techniques, recipes, and styles. I don't know what my favorite thing that he makes is. Right now is think I'm craving pan seared halibut (well done) with roasted asparagus, mashed potatoes, and a beurre blanc sauce. Or he makes me these veggie burger patties from lentils and I really want a burger. Or his pizza. He goes to some specialty Italian market for the flour to make his dough, and he's really perfected the sauce over the years. Mmmm. This is making me hungry.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
I'm posting from my phone and can't remember if you've shared any if this before. Sorry for repeat questions.

Do you know if you're having a girl or boy?
First child? Mom of a few?
How big of a family would you like?
SAHM or working? If so, what field?
Old 08-22-2014, 10:49 PM

I'm on my phone also, so it's cool. I wish I could see people's signatures, that would be so useful!

-We are having a boy.

-He's number 4 for us. I have a nearly 10yo girl, and two other boys aged 7 and 4.

-This little guy will be our last. Unless my husband chickens out on the vasectomy, or it doesn't work for some reason.

-I am a homeschooling sahm. We're doing 4th, 2nd and preschool this year!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I do all my posting from my phone too! I can see signatures however... ?

No one has yet asked you to tell your love story. How did you meet your husband?

What sort of curriculum do you guys use? What is your favorite subject to teach?
Old 08-23-2014, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
While on your phone at MDC, if you scroll to the very very bottom of the page, do you see 2 options you can click on- mobile or desktop? I clicked on desktop and that allows me to see signatures and avatars and everything.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
mmm halibut! We have been too broke to buy much fish, but I've found we can get fish heads and tails free from the co-op- just finished off the salmon chowder made 2 weeks ago (thanks freezer!)

What are your plans for the kids for the birth, do you family birth, or send them away during labor? How are you preparing them for the baby's arrival? Are you using a midwife; the same as in the past?

User Tag List