Mothering Forum banner

Gretchen vs. Nesting!

994 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  randic116 
#1 ·
Kinda hit me like a brick. Last week I kinda went on a spree. I hung a piece of sheet rock that had been sitting there for 3 years, I fixed a toilet broken for 2 months, bought the kids bunk bed which we had been discussing since last Christmas, been buying so many baby clothes, and yesterday cut the fabric for the little ones new quilt. On top of that I have been cooking WAY too much food. My DH is finding it very funny, if not very frustrating because it is not always the most useful things that I have been doing, like dishes or laundry. Not doing any of the actual work I should be doing, but I would rather be quilting anyway :grin:. Any other ladies out there been bit by the nesting bug?

#2 ·
Yes! I keep organizing and moving things around our tiny place. I did a total clean out of the closet and got rid of so many old clothing and things. Always cleaning, cleaning, cleaning (but I do have an almost 3 year old with me all day, and some days I feel like I just follow him around cleaning up). :)

My giant laundry pile keeps getting ignored too!

I also think my husband is doing his kind of baby coming prep, by working and making money as much as he can right now. Anyone else notice their special others doing things too?

#3 ·
I am totally in this boat. I have a ton of work stuff I need to do and all I want to do is organize toddler clothes. Fortunately, my B-H are forcing me to calm down a bit and do work things (a little). We just moved and I purposely left the nursery boxed and packed so I would have some serious nesting to occupy me around Thanksgiving break. It's all about planning ahead. ;)

#4 ·
Oh today especially! I vacuumed our entire house, which is quite large... Cleaned my daughters room and threw out a bag full of junk. Cleaned my bedroom, and got out school stuff so we can start school up officially next week! :) My biggest thing right now is wanting to get rid of everything!! Drives my hubby nuts when I do that... :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.