Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

Old 08-24-2014, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
*~*~Spotlight on Jessiebird~*~*

@JessieBird

What did you want to be when you grew up?

What are your thoughts for this upcoming birth?

What is your favorite childhood memory?

RN, IBCLC. DS is 6, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2014, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Where did your username come from?

How many children do you have? How many do you hope to have?

How did you meet your husband?

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 08-25-2014, 07:35 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I've been away travelling for what feels like forever. Internet access was sketchy (and expensive!) so I didn't keep up on anything. I've just checked back in and am flattered to see that it's my turn in the spotlight. It feels selfish though since I've hardly participated here in ages - I am really looking forward to going back and reading all the spotlight threads that I've missed.

When I was young, I wanted to be a dentist. I have no idea why! I admire dentists but it doesn't appeal to me AT ALL now. I walked away from that dream when I hit Grade 12 chemistry and biology and my grades suddenly plummeted. It was just wayyyy over my head! I totally switched courses and chose to study fine art instead, I then ran my own textile design company for ten years and it really was my dream job. It's on the back burner now while I focus completely on my family, but I hope to get back to art/craft making in a few years.

I haven't thought too much about my upcoming birth. I've had two great natural birth experiences so far and am getting care at the same birthing centre with the same midwives this time around so I am very comfortable. I really loved the experience of giving birth with DS1 & 2 and feel lucky that I get to go through it again. One last time! I am also very excited about meeting my daughter - I never thought I'd ever have a girl and I'm so curious to see how it feels to have a baby girl in my arms.

I don't have a lot of vivid childhood memories - my long term memory is terrible (so is my short term memory for that matter!) but I do remember waiting for my mom to come home from the hospital with my new baby brother and it gives me goosebumps to think that my boys will soon be feeling something similar. They will be 4 & 6 when this baby is due so they understand what is going on.

My username is a nickname DH uses for me.

I have two boys now and three will be it for us. I've always pictured having three - two boys and a girl - and it is amazing to me that it is unfolding as I'd hoped. I had expected that #3 would come sooner, had hoped for all three to be less than two years apart, but I found that parenting the first two was WAYYYYY harder than I'd expected so needed to slow down and focus on learning on how to be the mother I wanted to be. Now things are much easier so it's time to shake things up!

I met my husband through a friend in 2000 - when she started dating him! They went out for years and even bought a house together but the relationship was very toxic and she was abusive towards him. He was working hard on his PhD and working full time so didn't have the emotional energy to do anything about it. Meanwhile, I was in a string of bad relationships too. We both went through break ups around the same time and spent the following year becoming really close friends and healing. I didn't feel anything romantic about him (I always went for 'bad' boys and he is very, very good so I din't think he was my type at all) until one day I saw a friend hitting on him and suddenly something clicked! That was Valentine's Day 2004 and we were married almost exactly three years later. He is the love of my life and I feel so lucky to be his.

Thanks for the great questions Chapsie and Zjande!

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.

User Tag List