baby names? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 34Likes

#1 of 55 Old 08-28-2014, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
baby names?

Anyone getting closer to coming up with *the* name??

RN, IBCLC. DS is 5, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 55 Old 08-28-2014, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Ugh, not really. We're still with Ripley Burnett for a boy, but the only name we have for a girl is also Ripley (it's a family name) and I just don't love it for a girl. I like Scout, but my husband is ambivalent. Any other fun girls' names anyone else has?

We also added a few to the boy list, but I still think this baby, if a boy, will be little Rip.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#3 of 55 Old 08-28-2014, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Just recently I've felt driven to really start researching and note taking on names. But I've yet to find the time. I still have zero ideas, but have to come up with names for both genders. It's finally starting to sound fun instead of like a huge, difficult chore! Lol

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#4 of 55 Old 08-28-2014, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
here is a visual representation of our baby girl's name we decided on Ocean Dawn.
my husband's mother's ashes were spread in the ocean last weekend (we weren't able to go with some of the other family members, but they took some pictures and this is one of them) My husband's family spent summers at the beach during his childhood and his mother loved to walk on the beach at sunrise. So we aren't naming the baby after his mother, but I think its nice to have this connection to her.
Galatea and Chapsie like this.

Laura ~ Mama to three wild and wonderful boys , our rainbow baby girl on 7/2/12 and expecting #5 on 12/24/14

#5 of 55 Old 08-28-2014, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I think I convinced my hubby on a couple. Possibly Ephraim for a boy. We haven't come up with a middle name yet. He says it should be biblical, since Ephraim is. Ephraim was his great grandfather, he raised hubby's dad and his sisters. Nellie Mae for a girl. I think. Nellie was my mom's mom's mom. and Mae would be after my dad's mom's middle name. Hubby absolutely had to have a family name (from his side) for a boy, so I insisted on a family name (from my side) for a girl. Our other girls are Rebecca Lynn, Meredith Grace, and Kathrine LeeAnn, do you think Nellie Mae will go well with them, if it's another girl?
3surfboys likes this.

#6 of 55 Old 08-28-2014, 04:27 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I noticed "Nellie" was a name in my family tree as well. Must have been popular back in the day. I like my grandmother's name, Margaret and the nicknames Maggie and Greta, but my dh wouldn't go for it.
randic116 likes this.

Laura ~ Mama to three wild and wonderful boys , our rainbow baby girl on 7/2/12 and expecting #5 on 12/24/14

#7 of 55 Old 08-28-2014, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by randic116 View Post
I think I convinced my hubby on a couple. Possibly Ephraim for a boy. We haven't come up with a middle name yet. He says it should be biblical, since Ephraim is. Ephraim was his great grandfather, he raised hubby's dad and his sisters. Nellie Mae for a girl. I think. Nellie was my mom's mom's mom. and Mae would be after my dad's mom's middle name. Hubby absolutely had to have a family name (from his side) for a boy, so I insisted on a family name (from my side) for a girl. Our other girls are Rebecca Lynn, Meredith Grace, and Kathrine LeeAnn, do you think Nellie Mae will go well with them, if it's another girl?
Nellie was a nickname for Elizabeth. Since your other children have full formal names, will you name her Elizabeth and call her Nellie?

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#8 of 55 Old 08-28-2014, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
Nellie was a nickname for Elizabeth. Since your other children have full formal names, will you name her Elizabeth and call her Nellie?
no, my great grandmother's full name was Nellie, so it will just be Nellie.

#9 of 55 Old 08-29-2014, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

My 4 year old is obsessed with the name Petra for her baby sister and I think we are starting to lean in that direction.
3surfboys and tarabelle like this.

#10 of 55 Old 08-29-2014, 09:54 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapsie View Post
My 4 year old is obsessed with the name Petra for her baby sister and I think we are starting to lean in that direction.
I just love it and really hope you use it.
Chapsie and tarabelle like this.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#11 of 55 Old 08-29-2014, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We are both really loving the name Violet...not sure about the middle name yet. Haven't made it official, but thats our #1 choice so far
zjande, 3surfboys and tarabelle like this.
#12 of 55 Old 08-29-2014, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
I just love it and really hope you use it.
your enthusiasm for this name the first time I posted it has really stuck with me! It is totally starting to grow on me. Thanks for validating it for me as a name choice!

#13 of 55 Old 08-29-2014, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
I think Aiden or Avery. I really
Like Avery but I've noticed it has been being used as a girl name lately. It started off as a boys name.
3surfboys likes this.
#14 of 55 Old 08-29-2014, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
We decided on both a boy and girl name prior to getting pregnant. Once I shared it with both sets of parents once we found out we were having a boy, they fell in love with DH and I have a tradition of not revealing the baby's name to anyone until our baby shower. We like to keep little secrets and things to ourselves. I will say this, his name is totally cool and smooth LOL. Unlike his big brother his name will not start with K (everyone seems to think our kids will have K names since DS and DH do) and he will not have two middle names like his big brother either.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#15 of 55 Old 08-29-2014, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Ruby Matilda Rose.

Aeona - married to super hot nerd Toby . . . mama to Grace (9) Evangeline (7) Duncan 11.14.08   and Henry (4) born at home. Expecting again early December!  

#16 of 55 Old 08-29-2014, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
We are contemplating Felix, Vincent, Walter, or Elliott. Still not convinced of anything at this point.
#17 of 55 Old 08-29-2014, 08:53 PM

Our top 3 right now are Wynne, River, and Sunday, nickname Sunny.
Middle name would be a family name, Maxine, Margaret, or Tuuri.

Jeana, wife to Ben, mom to Christian 12, Elle 10, Avie 7, Mae 5, Juniper 2, and another girlie due Dec 2014.
#18 of 55 Old 08-30-2014, 05:50 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Madison Lesh for our girl. And she was named prior to conception. If she was a boy, she was suppose to be David Alan. She will have many siblings, so it will get used!

With Connor, I had him named before the sex reveal ultrasound and knew he was a boy. One day I had just started calling him Connor James while talking to my womb, and that was that. We even were able to teach our animals to "cuddle with Connor."
#19 of 55 Old 08-31-2014, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
jmay- I LOVE Sunday!! I think it is soooo cute!

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#20 of 55 Old 08-31-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goster View Post
We are contemplating Felix, Vincent, Walter, or Elliott. Still not convinced of anything at this point.
Our second DS could've been a Felix. He's Oliver Felix, but we considered Felix Oliver. There are times where I wish we'd gone that route, but oh well, he's three and has been Oliver/Ollie for quite some time now!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#21 of 55 Old 08-31-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizyellow View Post
jmay- I LOVE Sunday!! I think it is soooo cute!
Thanks! I think it's my fave right now.
#22 of 55 Old 09-01-2014, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespertina View Post
Ruby Matilda Rose.
My last DDC had a Ruby too! Love the name.

I also totally love Petra, @Chapsie . I was debating stealing it (sharing it?), but we'd have too many "P" names. It's a great name.

I really like Tatum, but DH firmly vetoed it. We have no girl names that I really connect with and I hate that feeling.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#23 of 55 Old 09-01-2014, 03:52 PM

@swimmingduck, that is kinda funny my oldest is Olivia and we call her ollie. . . We have similar taste in names
#24 of 55 Old 09-01-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
@swimmingduck, that is kinda funny my oldest is Olivia and we call her ollie. . . We have similar taste in names
Oh wow Goster - I LOVE Ollie for a girl. That is so cute!

We are very stuck this time around. I have some boy names that I like. We are very much thinking this is a girl, but not finding out. We can only agree on one girl name.

Our girl name is Daphne. I go back and forth, really loving it some days and other days unsure. We did discuss Persephone and both liked it, but now hubby is noncommittal every time I bring it up. Finley was a girl's name we'd picked out for our previous child, but it just doesn't seem like the right girl's name this time around, but hubby still loves it.

Our boy names are Grover, Linus, Casper, Silas, and Hugo, most of which hubby hates, but he's not giving any input on boys names!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#25 of 55 Old 09-01-2014, 05:55 PM

Had this been a girl she would have been Penelope
#26 of 55 Old 09-01-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimming-duck View Post
Quote:
Oh wow Goster - I LOVE Ollie for a girl. That is so cute!

We are very stuck this time around. I have some boy names that I like. We are very much thinking this is a girl, but not finding out. We can only agree on one girl name.

Our girl name is Daphne. I go back and forth, really loving it some days and other days unsure. We did discuss Persephone and both liked it, but now hubby is noncommittal every time I bring it up. Finley was a girl's name we'd picked out for our previous child, but it just doesn't seem like the right girl's name this time around, but hubby still loves it.

Our boy names are Grover, Linus, Casper, Silas, and Hugo, most of which hubby hates, but he's not giving any input on boys names!
I have a nephew named Linus, I just love that name!
swimming-duck likes this.
#27 of 55 Old 09-01-2014, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
You mamas are so creative with names! I've felt stuck for awhile. My dd has a Hindu name; her father was Hindu and we only considered Hindu names.

This time around, I think Gaia or Leela/Leila, and trying to figure out a middle name that would sound good with my one-syllable last name.

I'm considering Raine/Rain for a middle name. My dd's middle name means 'raining' or 'showering' in Sanskrit, and I thought it would be kind of a neat connection.

I've shared these names with my sisters and they didn't like any of them!
tarabelle likes this.

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#28 of 55 Old 09-02-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmay View Post
I have a nephew named Linus, I just love that name!
Oh cute! Linus is one of the names that hubby is not convinced on. He says it makes him think of the little boy in the Peanuts cartoon who carted around his blanket! I don't feel like the association is THAT strong that we can't use it!

#29 of 55 Old 09-03-2014, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
You guys all have some fabulous names picked out! I love Titus Rex, Ollie and Linus! Linus reminds me of my all time top boy name, Morris. DH has always absolutely hated it, says it reminds him of some cat from tv (?? no idea) so no Morrises for me.

I'm having a girl this time and our top names are Hazel and Adele. I also love Ada but DH doesn't. Middle name will be Marie because Mary pops up often in our family trees and I wanted to reflect our French Canadian heritage too.

We won't make a final choice or even put too much more thought into it before baby is born and we've had a chance to spend some time with her. With DS2, we chose his name in advance and absolutely loved it, totally committed, only to change it when he was eight weeks old because it turned out it just wasn't right. It was very painful emotionally, more so than I ever would have expected. Also, where we live it is really difficult to change a name once its registered so I definitely won't make that mistake again.

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
#30 of 55 Old 09-03-2014, 06:17 PM

My grandma was hazel Opal harmon. I have always loved her name and really loved hazel

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page