2Likes
  • 1 Post By swimming-duck
  • 1 Post By swimming-duck

#1 of 11 Old 08-31-2014, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Talking Reintroducing myself!

I just wanted to give a holler out to everyone. I don't know if anyone remembers me at all. I joined this DDC early in pregnancy, but we were all hit or miss with posting at that time (thank you morning sickness)! I pretty much fell off the face of the earth when my morning sickness kicked into high gear. I had a rough first trimester compared to my other pregnancies. I was sick a lot more this pregnancy. It wasn't anything extreme like some of you other ladies have had to suffer through. It was just more than what I was used to with pregnancy. I also had a lot of spotting first trimester that freaked me out! Anyhoo, I've been feeling better for awhile but life has been very very busy.

I'm on the verge of getting to close my licensed home daycare. Hubby is transitioning from full time student to working LPN. I'm also a homeschooling mom. I think I remember from a previous post that there are a few of us in this group who homeschool?

I'm hoping for a repeat of my birth with my second child, in that I'd like to have another hypnobabies home waterbirth experience.

Anyways, it's good to be here...again!
momOplenty likes this.

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 09-01-2014, 03:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Glad you are feeling better :-)
#3 of 11 Old 09-01-2014, 03:12 PM

Welcome back!
#4 of 11 Old 09-01-2014, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Welcome back Crystal- is that you in the pic with the purple bangs? That takes me back to right after the birth of my child #5 dd2 Anna in 2007. We had a bad case of thrush that didn't respond to ACV and was leading to cracked bleeding nipples, so I treated it with gentian violet. After using it to clear up the thrush, it made a nice purple hair dye- lasted longer than Manic Panic!
~Alison
#5 of 11 Old 09-07-2014, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Alison! I meant to answer you. Yes - that's my hair. It doesn't look like that now as I've been too broke to get it done for awhile! But that is my ideal hair when it's just been done...lol! That's really awesome about the gentian violet - wouldn't think to try that! I've also not tried Manic Panic. I get mine done at the salon because I'm too chicken to do it myself...lol! The lady that does it loves using funky color though and has every color known to man and she's very affordable, so that works out for me. Well, it does when we're not flat broke!

Do you still use funky colors in your hair? I started experimenting with it last year and LOVE it!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#6 of 11 Old 09-07-2014, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
hi swimming duck! glad you're feeling better! this one's been a doozy for me as well. i've never felt this wretched in my life. (#5 on the way). but i'm glad you're past the morning sickness! i'm horrible about posting and responding, b/c i think i might not be smart enough for technology. :/ but i did wanna say hey!

also, too cool about genetian violet as hair color! (can't scroll up and see who posted that. crap. sorry). i used manic panic plenty back in the day, but since getting old and all that, i'm totally not fun anymore. haha. i actually came across some vampire red in a box recently. i giggled a little, i might see if any of the kids wanna have some streaks or something.
#7 of 11 Old 09-07-2014, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I too ran a home day care years ago. There were many things I loved about it, but I was also happy to close up shop after 5 years.

We're a homeschool family. This year I have a preschooler, K, 1st, 3rd and 11th.

Welcome back to the DDC!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#8 of 11 Old 09-07-2014, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post
I too ran a home day care years ago. There were many things I loved about it, but I was also happy to close up shop after 5 years.

We're a homeschool family. This year I have a preschooler, K, 1st, 3rd and 11th.

Welcome back to the DDC!
Awesome! I homeschooling! Did you homeschool while you ran your daycare or were you done with daycare before homeschooling? We did Kindergarten last year and the year before. We actually tried to do first grade last year, but gave up because my DS wasn't ready AND I could NOT fit it in with the craziness that is home daycare. We won't be starting our schooling until November of this year. I wish I could start sooner, considering my little bundle will arrive late Dec/early Jan and throw things off for a bit, but I refuse to even try to juggle homeschooling and daycare again! I'm sure people out there have successfully done it, but I couldn't!

I am very happy to be closing that chapter. I enjoyed it for the first four years, but not much at all the last two! I feel so lucky that we are in a place where it is possible for me to close soon!

And wow - you have a lot of ages represented in your homeschool! I'm not at the point of having to juggle various children's schooling. My youngest is three and I will make sure he has his own "school" things this year so that he doesn't feel left out, but I don't plan to do anything formally with him until he's six or so.

#9 of 11 Old 09-07-2014, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momOplenty View Post
hi swimming duck! glad you're feeling better! this one's been a doozy for me as well. i've never felt this wretched in my life. (#5 on the way). but i'm glad you're past the morning sickness! i'm horrible about posting and responding, b/c i think i might not be smart enough for technology. :/ but i did wanna say hey!

also, too cool about genetian violet as hair color! (can't scroll up and see who posted that. crap. sorry). i used manic panic plenty back in the day, but since getting old and all that, i'm totally not fun anymore. haha. i actually came across some vampire red in a box recently. i giggled a little, i might see if any of the kids wanna have some streaks or something.
Aww...thanks for popping in! So glad you're also feeling better. Morning sickness sucks!!!

I'm totally too "old" for the hair color, but since I don't have to go out into the working world at this point I just decided why not? It's something that I always wanted to do, but never felt I could do before due to having to look more professional!

#10 of 11 Old 09-08-2014, 07:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimming-duck View Post
I'm totally too "old" for the hair color, but since I don't have to go out into the working world at this point I just decided why not? It's something that I always wanted to do, but never felt I could do before due to having to look more professional!
i had to retract my statement of being too old. lol. nobody is too old for anything, i just feel really old. hahaha. age is just a number, you're only as old as you feel... etc etc. i'm 32, but feel about 87. and not one of those hot, in shape 87 year olds. :P xoxoxoxo
#11 of 11 Old 09-08-2014, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

LOL momOplenty. Yes, age is just a number. And remember that 30 is the new 20 and a 22 year old can definitely have purple hair. I'm 35 and who knows, maybe I'll be that eccentric 40 year old woman with purple hair someday!
momOplenty likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page