26 weeks this week! Woke up with reflux and then diarrhea last night, ugh. I'm hoping it is more emotion based than systemic. I was able to get back to sleep. Found out yesterday that we have till September 30th to be out of this house, landlady agreed to not file eviction papers if we can be out by then. We have power (that was last weeks struggle, but it's now in my name with the huge bill attached) but we won't have a deposit, and our income is laughable for renting anywhere, much less here, so I think we're going to end up camping for a month or two. Not really my dream, it's cold and foggy at night (maybe we can find warmer campgrounds a bit inland) but the section 8 apartments LDS church referred us to are really awful, no way are my kids living there. If we qualify to get one, we might do that instead of renting storage for belongings, so we can go "home" and bathe, do laundry and batch cooking a couple days a week, but we're not living somewhere the tenants online have all rated 1 star and where they videotape your every move. Hoping too that some friends will offer room to plug in a fridge and do batch cooking and laundry, if the apartment doesn't gel. We don't know anyone here with a big enough house/land to offer us space- I also haven't asked yet, just been working on keeping the power on last week and milking.
Milking may be coming to an end since I did not get a good yield yesterday or the day before, if so I will be sad to lose the milk and for the damage to my relationship with farmer friend, but happy to have more time to pack. Next week we have dd1 coming back from SoCal- I won't have to pick her up from Monedocino after all, a friend is going down with her dd and will get her for us- this is good because she is 14 and can be a big help with moving, besides the fact we've all missed her terribly. Then the following week I have a legal clinic to work on getting birth certificates for the 3 youngest, and I finally have my appointment to meet that midwife. Week after that one of us will need to spend 3+ days in Sacramento to get ds2 to spina bifida clinic and neurosurgery appointments. This month is so full of emergency, it doesn't look as if I'll be able to do much activism on behalf of the VBAC program here, which is disappointing, but I'll be happy to just be out and packed in a timely manner.
I'm crazily looking forward to some aspects of camping- like not having to worry much about being grounded, and no fights over screen time, and no sweeping up piles of pet hair- but I'm sad to rehome the chickens, the rooster has been a good sport and will likely get eaten- and I'm not positive if we'll find people we know to foster the cats, or how camping with dogs will go, or how on earth my dh will physically manage it. Getting up and down from the ground is quite difficult for him, and he's too big for an air mattress. He has only looked for work locally for the last two months, (more about my stubborness on location later) and not found anything he was qualified for and could apply for- his disability and lack of a degree and recent work experience rule out a ton of jobs, and 215 status rules out many more, discrimination against his chosen medical path for treating the pain and muscle spasms associated with his MD. He's had constant back pain for the last 11 days- it would be so amazing if he woke up with it barely aching this morning. He's applied for disability once and been turned down immediately because he was still working full-time on his own business, but he'll be renewing that application once he finally gets in to see a doctor. The agencies I've contacted here don't have lots of transitional help, lots of full apartments, full programs and long waiting lists, but they can offer immediate help to families that are homeless, so going through a period of camping may be a necessary step for us to be able to get help to get a permanent home again. Our families have already helped a lot in the last 3 years, and with the power, and I know they'll continue to help as they are able, but they are far away. I'm not ready to pack it back to Tennessee Jed just yet, the kids have moved across the continent or the state 4x in 5 years, and I'm feeling very stubborn about staying in this area with some established friends when I have this baby.
I won't be on many threads but I'll be checking in once a week at least- knowing we are not the only ones riding a rollercoaster at this time, thinking of Galatea