1Likes
  • 1 Post By randic116

#1 of 4 Old 09-27-2014, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
*~*~ Spotlight on Randic116 ~*~*

@randic116

How are you preparing for your upcoming birth? How did you meet your significant other? What is your favorite hobby? How many siblings did you have and what is your favorite childhood memory?

RN, IBCLC. DS is 5, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-27-2014, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Wow my turn already?

I'm honestly not doing a whole lot to prepare for this birth... I feel mentally and physically ready, but aside from gathering a few supplies, planning some freezer meals, and talking to my girls about it, not much else.

Hubby and I met at church. He moved here to WI from NJ, and they visited our church. I was 17 and dating someone else at the time, but they moved to OK shortly after that and I never heard from him again. Hubby and I became really good friends and then he started pestering me to go out with him. Eventually I relented, and we've been together ever since. We were married shortly after my 18th birthday. We've had a lot of issues over the years, but right now are in the best place we've ever been or could be!

My favorite hobby is most definetely sewing! I love to sew and quilt. Unfortunately, my machine broke in June and I haven't been able to afford a new one...

I have 3 younger sisters and one younger brother. The youngest sister is 21 years younger than me, she was a surprise! I don't have a whole lot of childhood memories, not because I had a horrible childhood, but because I don't have a very good memory... but one thing I remember is camping at a state park. We had a lot of fun there, hiking and playing.
Chapsie likes this.

#3 of 4 Old 09-30-2014, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
How many kids do you have? How many do you want to have? What is your favorite season of the year? Favorite holiday? Do you have any fun holiday traditions that you do with your kids?

RN, IBCLC. DS is 5, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
#4 of 4 Old 09-30-2014, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have three beautiful blue eyed blonde girls, 8.5, almost 5, and 2.5. This baby is number 4! I always wanted a lot of children. Until we had one. Then she was going to be our only child. But we are not very good at preventing babies, so we accept each one as it comes. I wouldn't trade them for anything!

My favorite season is spring, when the world begins to come alive again after long cold winters. I love the way it smells! I'm not sure about a favorite holiday... we are not big holiday people. Perhaps because hubby is a truck driver and is so rarely home for them that its hard for me to celebrate them... one holiday he has never missed is Christmas. Even the one year he was supposed to be gone, he surprised me at 1 am christmas morning! Best gift ever! I like to host Thanksgiving dinner, although I think I may skip it this year with being pregnant... one of my favorite holday traditions is one my family did as a child. We always read the nativity story from the bible before we open gifts christmas morning.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page