Symptoms?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

#1 of 123 Old 07-12-2014, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Symptoms??

Whats going on with everyone and pregnancy symptoms.?? Ive had a few so far and before i knew. Sore nipples for me (nursing my 18 month old). Bloated big time.. cramps often.. head pains. Mood swings.. lol thats mostly it. Thats lot for me this early.
#2 of 123 Old 07-13-2014, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just a little nausea and crankiness for me so far. No other symptoms just yet.
#3 of 123 Old 07-13-2014, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Nothing yet. Glad I don't have my usual all day nausea.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#4 of 123 Old 07-13-2014, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
My symptoms have been fairly intense. For some reason our neighborhood supermarket smells completely intolerable. I almost threw up from the smell of the supermarket yesterday. It sounds so weird and I have never noticed the smell before but it is REVOLTING, every time I go in for the past week. A certain national health food chain smells just fine though. Too bad their stuff is so much more expensive.

We also have a very old dog with bad breath, who has accidents and just generally smells foul. She smells awful but doesn't trigger serious nausea. DH cleaning the deck with bleach based cleaner, on the other hand, triggered serious nausea. Did not experience this with my one pregnancy that got to 8 weeks so it is new to me...

I am also super bloated and the tired fog is beginning to settle around me-- the tired fog was the only real symptom I had last time.

Seems strange to be experiencing so much so early. But it is reassuring.

Foster mom, married to DH (foster dad!)

#5 of 123 Old 07-13-2014, 12:46 PM

I'm feeling a little bit jet lagged today and yesterday. Sleep hasn't been great with the little one waking up. That's definitely contributing. I'm trying to sneak a little nap.

#6 of 123 Old 07-13-2014, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
It's neat to see all the different symptoms that everyones having. I was super emotional about 6 DPO and it lasted 3 days. And then around 10 DPO the loose stools hit. Sorry if tmi for some of you but with my last 4 pregnancies that has been my #1 sign. Other than that I have been totally normal. And very glad that the crying at the drop of a hat seems to be gone!

Married my wonderful husband Jan 06

Five times blessed! 
DD - August '07
DS1 - February '10
DS2 - April '12
D? - MC Sept '14 @ 16weeks
Expecting our RAINBOW March '15 

Other than that we
#7 of 123 Old 07-13-2014, 04:39 PM

I'm mostly just tired, but I've had waves of nausea, sore breasts and dizziness. Only off and on. Not much appetite, but that might be because I'm so worried. A heavy feeling in my uterus, too.
#8 of 123 Old 07-13-2014, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've def have been having some nausea, more severely in the morning. I've also been experiencing some mood swings that have been fairly severe. I've also noticed my appetite has really decreased and I even lost some a couple pounds. I'm not too concerned because I'm still eating but just in smaller amounts. I've also had some very light spotting twice. Which was concerning but I've read can be normal if its light and not accompanied by pain. Has anyone else had spotting?
#9 of 123 Old 07-13-2014, 09:03 PM

Still feeling pretty good! Just a bit tired mid afternoon. My breasts are a bit sore when DS nurses especially at night. I have seen an increase in the amount of times I have to use the restroom (which is always one of my first symptoms.) Oh and the hunger has kicked in! I have already had to get up for a mid night snack a couple times. Hopefully I will get lucky again and the nausea will stay away like it did with my boys.

2nd Grade Teacher
Wife to a Firefighter
Mommy to Maximus Asher (Dec '10)
and Bayde Orion (Feb '13)
#10 of 123 Old 07-14-2014, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieNJ View Post
I've def have been having some nausea, more severely in the morning. I've also been experiencing some mood swings that have been fairly severe. I've also noticed my appetite has really decreased and I even lost some a couple pounds. I'm not too concerned because I'm still eating but just in smaller amounts. I've also had some very light spotting twice. Which was concerning but I've read can be normal if its light and not accompanied by pain. Has anyone else had spotting?
My breasts have been tender and the intensity tends to fluctuate throughout the day/night. I'm also feeling tired during the day, so I've definitely been taking some afternoon naps! I've had a little cramping here and there. I've also had some slight spotting. Not going to lie- I got really freaked out yesterday because I saw some whitish tissue looking pieces in the toilet after I peed yesterday. I'm calling the Dr. this afternoon to see what he says. I don't have any nausea, but my hunger has been hitting me more throughout the day. Mood swings have been creeping in too!
#11 of 123 Old 07-14-2014, 08:33 AM

Wave of nausea this morning for the first time. I ate and it went away. I often do feel nauseous when I'm very hungry, but this felt stronger.

#12 of 123 Old 07-14-2014, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I have that constantly hungry but when I look at food it looks gross feeling. Hoping it doesn't progress beyond that but it's still early for me. I threw up for 8 months with my daughter and really hoping for enough symptoms to be less anxious about miscarriage but not so much barfing . I am having he smells thing too - I decided to test last week even though it was early because I opened a jar of peanut butter and almost died from the smell. Otherwise I feel more symptoms than the miscarriage last year - more tiredness, breast soreness, etc. I'm not complaining
#13 of 123 Old 07-15-2014, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Symptoms drive me nuts... Sometimes (like last night) I feel extremely pregnant (even though I'm only at 4w today): heavy uterus, tight ligaments, big boobs, "must eat potato chips with vinegar now" hungry, etc. And then this morning, I feel nothing. In general, it's been cramping (different than AF cramps), a little emotional, INSOMNIA, hot flashes, hungry - all this the day before I tested and since. Waiting for the smells thing and nausea to kick in (that was fun last time...). Last time around I didn't even have a clue I was pregnant until I tested 2 days after I missed my period, and the symptoms kicked in about a week later so this is early for me, which I hope is a good sign.

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#14 of 123 Old 07-16-2014, 04:30 AM

I am a little crampy and seem to be more hungry. Althoughvthe hunger could be because my two year old wants to nurse a lot more than normal. Luckily there is no nipple pain so far.
#15 of 123 Old 07-16-2014, 06:19 AM

I really want to wean my daughter. She does NOT feel the same way! It doesn't hurt because of the pregnancy but she seems to have grown a second set of teeth. I mean she is really digging in and wiggling lately and ugh!
I am so crampy--wake you up cramps--and slightly nauseous first thing in the morning. I kept two crackers by my bed that I ate before I got up.

#16 of 123 Old 07-16-2014, 10:06 AM

I bfed my son throughout my pregnancy with my daughter and I remember every time he latched on it would send me into an irrational rage. It just made me want to crawl out of my skin. It must have been hormones. It was hard but he wasn't ready at all to quit. I feel for you!
#17 of 123 Old 07-16-2014, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
3W5D here
EDD: 3/27/15

ligament pain/light cramping
heavy uterus
bloated
thirsty
#18 of 123 Old 07-16-2014, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Today I'm almost 5 weeks pregnant and I'm feeling SO pregnant. Symptoms for me so far are:
*Mood swings (first hormone-inspired tiff with husband tonight before I had dinner, I should have waited until after eating protein to talk at all )
*Tender breasts (I'm really dedicated to sticking it out and nursing my 15 month old through the pregnancy. He's not ready to quit and honestly every time he wants to sit still and nurse for a few minutes I sit with joy! But it hurts and makes me feel cranky.)
*Peeing all the time.
*Insomnia (This is a symptom I did not have with my first. I'm so freaking tired from chasing a toddler around all day and yet I can't fall asleep at night. )
*Nausea (Another thing I didn't experience before. Ugh. It's absolutely worst in the middle of the night. I finally fall asleep and then I wake up an hour later feeling so dizzy and sick. Last night I was up for an hour and a half before it subsided sitting on my kitchen floor forcing almond butter, fruit, cheese, and crackers down very slowly. I know I should be thankful I'm not vomiting, but the lingering nausea is rough. Tonight I plan on eating a good protein snack before bed and drinking a cup of chamomile tea. Hopefully that will help.)
*Food cravings/Aversions (I want Swiss cheese with and on everything. I also am super craving vinegar and pickled foods. I have also wanted beef everyday. Salad greens and sweet things/bread are gross to me right now. )

Married to the love of my life I'm a stay at home Catholic mom who loves to read, clean, AP, and make my own herbal medicine.
Our kids: 2 babies in heaven; Peter, born at home 4/5/13 ; Baby in belly, due 3/20/15 Planning on another homebirth and tandem nursing.
#19 of 123 Old 07-16-2014, 08:47 PM

Well I dont really know how far I am so I'll just go w/ the 5 weeks they told me today. Right now im experiencig being very fatiqued and absent minded (im also very stressed lol) my boobs hurt something terrible, and I have some nausea. After my transvag u/s this afternoon im also very crampy and whiny lol
#20 of 123 Old 07-17-2014, 07:04 AM

The weird hunger/nausea feeling is starting to set in (at 4w!!). Yesterday I ate every two hours and seemed to be hungry immediately afterwards. I can't stand anything sweeter than a fruit, and I bought my first jar of pregnancy pickles. Last pregnancy, I had a STRONG aversion to chocolate and it seems like I'm headed in the same direction. I'm dreading traveling to my in-laws' home in Washington in two weeks, with full-blown first trimester symptoms, and having to stay there with my son (no husband) for 10 days!!!

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  
#21 of 123 Old 07-18-2014, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
@montessorimama1 your "mom/wife/DIL of the year" award should be in the mail from the sounds of that trip. I'm not sure how I would cope with that myself! Hoping you live near the PNW and don't have to add a long day on an airplane to the experience...

Pregnancy hormones in full-swing here. I flip-flop between "I'm pregnant and ecstatic and nothing else matters!!" to feeling overwhelmed, moody, blah, not like myself etc etc. Mostly just emotional symptoms for me right now. I clearly remember this from my first trimester with my DS. It's like getting hit hard with the cognitive dissonance of realizing that you feel incredibly lucky/blessed/happy at the same time as other unpleasant emotions. Anyone else know what I mean?

Not much to report in the physical symptoms side of things...low energy, a little nausea & bloating, and decreased appetite. Also coming to terms with the fact that this may be my last week before serious exhaustion and 3 months of "morning sickness" sets in....if this experience is anything like my first time around....

Hope you all are coping with symptoms well! Would love to hear any tips from you experienced mamas about balancing caring for yourself during pregnancy with keeping up with a very active toddler?
#22 of 123 Old 07-18-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMama2013 View Post
@montessorimama1 your "mom/wife/DIL of the year" award should be in the mail from the sounds of that trip. I'm not sure how I would cope with that myself! Hoping you live near the PNW and don't have to add a long day on an airplane to the experience...

Pregnancy hormones in full-swing here. I flip-flop between "I'm pregnant and ecstatic and nothing else matters!!" to feeling overwhelmed, moody, blah, not like myself etc etc. Mostly just emotional symptoms for me right now. I clearly remember this from my first trimester with my DS. It's like getting hit hard with the cognitive dissonance of realizing that you feel incredibly lucky/blessed/happy at the same time as other unpleasant emotions. Anyone else know what I mean?

Not much to report in the physical symptoms side of things...low energy, a little nausea & bloating, and decreased appetite. Also coming to terms with the fact that this may be my last week before serious exhaustion and 3 months of "morning sickness" sets in....if this experience is anything like my first time around....

Hope you all are coping with symptoms well! Would love to hear any tips from you experienced mamas about balancing caring for yourself during pregnancy with keeping up with a very active toddler?
Happy Mama - So glad you asked about the toddler thing! I keep thinking "How am I going to do all this?" Thankfully, he'll be in school from 8:30-12:30 starting in September, and hopefully he'll still nap in the afternoons. But still, it's exhausting!

I'm enjoying cooking this week, thinking that it'll probably be the last time in many weeks since this morning the nausea started. Note to self: Don't go to the zoo until first trimester smells thing and nausea are over. Flamingo poop stinks!!!

#23 of 123 Old 07-18-2014, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tired, hungry ALL THE TIME, hormonal (they messed up our pay checks at work today and I almost flipped a lid). I am also having a really hard time keeping my mouth shut... like I wanna tell everyone I'm pregnant! Well everyone except me co worker who is about 5 weeks ahead of me (for some reason I don't want her to know even though she's super sweet).

Mama to my angel baby Drew (9/22/06), Alexia (10/26/11) , and hoping for a in 3/2015!!

#24 of 123 Old 07-19-2014, 06:06 AM

You don't want to steal her thunder. That makes sense

I am making baked beans today because I've been craving them all week. Watch - by the time they're finally done they will taste gross! Argh.

Happy mama - I don't have a lot of advice for you. My DS was 3 when his sister was born and it was a very hard pregnancy and he was a challenging kid. I had to be SAHM at the time because of his health (he has a heart defect and got sick all the time). It was a hard year. They are much older now and more independent and I'm looking forward to possibly enjoying this last pregnancy. Good luck. I guess my advice is to lower your standards a bit - as long as everyone is safe, fed, and feels loved at the end of the day you did a good job let some stuff slide.
montessorimama1 likes this.
#25 of 123 Old 07-19-2014, 07:09 AM

Pregnancy brain is setting in... Last night I stashed the parmesan cheese in the spice rack and this morning I hollered at my husband: "Where's the dog leash??" Only to discover that I was holding it in my hand. :

#26 of 123 Old 07-19-2014, 07:41 AM

Oh hey! I just threw up my one small cup of coffee. It begins.

Probably should stop drinking the coffee anyway sigh
#27 of 123 Old 07-19-2014, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
@Sleepymama thanks, that is good advice! I don't know many mamas with two yet so even hearing that helps a lot! Sorry to hear about the coffee. I switched to one cup of decaf this week and I have to say it sucks....I love me some caffeine first thing in the morning...my morning cup was my wake up treat. I find the decaf way too acidic now, not to mention kinda useless without the caffeine
#28 of 123 Old 07-19-2014, 11:55 AM

sleepymama - Ugh, so sorry to hear about your coffee! That was the hardest thing to give up pre-pregnancy, but I'm glad I did because it really messes with my system. This morning I had two cups of earl grey as a treat and my kidneys went haywire. I guess caffeine and pregnancy just don't mix, huh?

#29 of 123 Old 07-19-2014, 01:48 PM

I almost threw up this morning--closest I have ever come in a pregnancy. I guess I get prenatal depression, too. I hate it! It's a strange, empty feeling in my stomach. Glum blues. Eating helps, haha. It's totally somehow connected to my stomach and gray days are hardest. I had it with my daughter in the first 4 months and it was really awful, especially because it was winter/early spring so it was gray and snowy/rainy so much! At least it's summer now.

#30 of 123 Old 07-19-2014, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Gee, I'm so sorry for all of you mammas with such nausea and discomfort! Especially those of you still nursing LOs. Mine are WAY past nursing, thank goodness. That is one really lovely thing about spacing kids out so far (mine are 8.5 & 4 yrs), is that they aren't very needy any more, can pretty well take care of themselves for most things, but still like to cuddle & be lovey.

AFM, I'm feeling a bit moody, definitely fatigued, and maybe more hungry than usual. It's been a few years since I've done this, and each one is different, but I haven't ever had major nausea or anything- just some mild queasiness midway or so through the 1st trimester, and then some major aversions towards the end of the 2nd. Once it was chicken, another time it was pork.

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, working on my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page