• 1 Post By Sleepymama
  • 1 Post By MakeItSew
  • 2 Post By mamakrysti

#1 of 28 Old 07-14-2014, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Expecting March 2015 Rainbow Babies

Hey everyone, I thought I would start a place for anyone expecting Rainbow babies (babies born after a miscarriage or other loss). I confess I'm not quite ready to fully settle into the due date club yet, but I do want to join!

I'm expecting baby #2 after two consecutive miscarriages last summer at 8 and 12 weeks.

My EDD is March 16, but I have a feeling it will be moved back once I get an ultrasound for dating.

Anyone else expecting a rainbow?

Mother to an adorable girl born May 2012, miscarriages in July and November 2013.
Cautiously expecting March 2015
#2 of 28 Old 07-14-2014, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
So sorry for your losses MakeitSew! A loss at any stage can be so hard... im sorry you had to go through that twice in a row! This is our rainbow as well. I am due March 20th which makes me just over 4 weeks. Still really early but I am conditioning myself to not worry or even begin to think that I might miscarry. Its so sad how after a loss we really worry ourselves crazy and even look for signs that something is wrong (like looking for spotting every time we go to the bathroom). I have decided to just believe that all is well. ...and if something does happen I will deal with it then. I dont want anything to take away the joy that growing a precious life brings... especially not a previous loss. When is your dating ultrasound? Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

Married my wonderful husband Jan 06

Five times blessed! 
DD - August '07
DS1 - February '10
DS2 - April '12
D? - MC Sept '14 @ 16weeks
Expecting our RAINBOW March '15 

Other than that we
#3 of 28 Old 07-14-2014, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep, my edd is March 2nd. I had my first loss mid March. Blighted ovum at 12weeks. I was feeling really worried and down the first couple weeks but I'm feeling optimistic at this point. Just taking it day by day. I get an ultrasound next week. Excited for that.

Stella, wild and gentle mama to Toby(12/14/04), Cedar(8/17/08), Luca (3/15/14), and one on the way!

#4 of 28 Old 07-15-2014, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yes we too are expecting a rainbow March 7.
#5 of 28 Old 07-15-2014, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeItSew View Post
Hey everyone, I thought I would start a place for anyone expecting Rainbow babies (babies born after a miscarriage or other loss). I confess I'm not quite ready to fully settle into the due date club yet, but I do want to join!

I'm expecting baby #2 after two consecutive miscarriages last summer at 8 and 12 weeks.

My EDD is March 16, but I have a feeling it will be moved back once I get an ultrasound for dating.

Anyone else expecting a rainbow?
Cautiously hoping for a rainbow mid-March... I had a loss at 8 weeks a few years ago and tons of chemical pregnancies. Was diagnosed with a blood clotting disorder in late May and dr's orders were very effective, so I am hoping for the best going forward.

Foster mom, married to DH (foster dad!)

#6 of 28 Old 07-15-2014, 06:37 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Yes me too. Lost a surprise pregnancy March 2013 at 8 weeks. 2 other losses between my older kids, at 11 and 5 weeks.
I also have a kid with a severe heart defect. He has had genetic testing but there is no known cause. I think my two later losses (missed miscarriages) were caused by genetic abnormalities. He is 11 now and doing pretty well - though he has to have another valve replacement surgery at the end of this month. This will be surgery #4 for him. When I told the OB nurse that on the phone yesterday she paused and said, ok then, I'm hooking you up with maternal fetal medicine. With DD I had a lot of u/s early and then a fetal echocardiogram and we were pretty certain she was ok. I even had her at home Really hoping for the same this time (another girl would be nice too!!)
#7 of 28 Old 07-16-2014, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

@Sleepymama when you were pregnant with your second... did you ever get to a point where you felt "safe?" or were you nervous the whole time?

Since my most recent miscarriage was at 12 weeks, I'm not sure I'll ever feel like we're out of the woods. I remember passing 8 weeks and feeling like "ok, whew." I was caught so off guard by the miscarriage I didn't realize it was happening until way too late to go to the hospital. In retrospect it was SO OBVIOUS I was having contractions.

I decided to allow myself to get excited about this pregnancy... denying it won't make it hurt any less if I lose it.

Mother to an adorable girl born May 2012, miscarriages in July and November 2013.
#8 of 28 Old 07-16-2014, 11:42 AM

I did - eventually. By the time we had the perinatologist's u/s to check for heart abnormalities at 16 weeks and that was fine I felt a lot better. I had a lot more worries about the labor because it was so traumatic with my DS. I was pretty sure at that point that the pregnancy would go full term but I was very worried about the labor and birth. She ended up being born at home exactly as planned, the labor was hard but manageable, and it was a beautiful experience. Very healing My first loss was at 11 weeks and a huge shock. I thought we had gotten our fair share of suffering with DS. I had another 5 week loss after that before I got pregnant with my daughter. They convinced me to have betas done and I just had my first draw yesterday and I haven't gotten a call yet, but it's really early. I'm only 15dpo!

Good luck - have you had any testing done to find out why you miscarried? They didn't do any testing after my D&C with my first loss, since it was the first, and I regret that. The 2nd and 3rd there wasn't anything to test, and our genetic testing on ourselves and our DS has turned up nothing obvious. I do know that a lot of women have difficulty with the MTHFR gene and some clotting disorders that can cause repeated losses. My mom had 3 first trimester losses before she had me - so I'm thinking there must be something genetic going on.
MakeItSew likes this.

Sleepy mom of two (DS-11, DD-8), & due 3/2015. 3 lost: 9/2004, 3/2005, 3/2013.  I knit, sew, teach, write, & grow.  
Special needs mom:  (ASD) and  (CHD)
#9 of 28 Old 07-16-2014, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Hi
I'm new here.
Expecting a rainbow baby, I had a miscarriage in May 2014.
Had a regular period and bam! got pregnant again.

EDD March 27, 2015. Just had my beta checked today and hoping for good numbers. I am actually only on CD 27 and got a good BFP, so here's
to hoping.

Good luck to you all!
#10 of 28 Old 07-16-2014, 12:37 PM

Just got a call on my first beta - 90 at 14 (maybe 13) dpo. So just 4 weeks. I know one level doesn't mean a whole lot, but I think 90 is pretty OK for 4 weeks. Now I have to figure out what to tell my kids when we have to go back to the lab tomorrow. Yesterday I told them they needed to test my blood because of a medicine I'm taking. I guess I could go with that explanation again? I really don't want to tell them yet - we have a lot going on this month. I need to wait until after DS's surgery the last week of July and after we move the first week of August.

Welcome PlainJane - hope for a sticky, healthy little one for you

Sleepy mom of two (DS-11, DD-8), & due 3/2015. 3 lost: 9/2004, 3/2005, 3/2013.  I knit, sew, teach, write, & grow.  
Special needs mom:  (ASD) and  (CHD)
#11 of 28 Old 07-16-2014, 12:41 PM

Thanks Sleepy Mom! Good luck with rising numbers also!
#12 of 28 Old 07-16-2014, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

@Sleepymama good luck coming up with a cover story... I'm always crap at those.

We had testing done with my first miscarriage, and everything was normal. With the second we weren't able to have testing done since it was at home, though they did check my thyroid (normal). I also had a bunch of genetic testing done when I was pregnant with my daughter, and it came back normal. For some reason I had every test under the sun with my first pregnancy, despite it being totally normal in every way. Paranoid OB I guess.

#13 of 28 Old 07-16-2014, 02:15 PM

Have you specifically been tested for MTHFR though? This is background.
http://www.babymed.com/miscarriage/m...nd-miscarriage
MakeItSew likes this.
#14 of 28 Old 07-17-2014, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter

@Sleepymama you know I don't think I've had that one, since it sounds like it's miscarriage-specific. Apparently my insurance won't cover most miscarriage-related testing until after the third. Which I kinda understand but is also frustrating.

#15 of 28 Old 07-17-2014, 06:16 AM

Sleepymama and MakeitSew- I have homozygous MTHFR mutations. I took baby aspirin and high doses of folic acid, B6 and B12 per MD orders and got pregnant the very cycle I started it. I'm just six weeks so I am not sure how far this one will get, but it's further than I've made it in more than 2 years. So treatment was SUPER effective for me so far. My MD said that not everyone tests for MTHFR and sometimes you have to ask for it. He had a whole early loss bloodwork list, that included like 12 disorders/issues. Not sure what the normal protocol is...

#16 of 28 Old 07-17-2014, 06:43 AM

That is too bad makeitsew. They really ought to start testing after 2 consecutive, especially if they ended at around the same time and same way
My 2 later ones were missed m/c. My body does not to like to let go
#17 of 28 Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 AM

YAY my beta came back at 92!
Nurse said this was good so early on!

I got a BFP at CD 26 this time ... my m/c didn't show a BFP till CD 35

I have another beta tomorrow with results Monday ... praying for doubling!
teamviddy likes this.
#18 of 28 Old 07-17-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainjane78 View Post
YAY my beta came back at 92!
Nurse said this was good so early on!

I got a BFP at CD 26 this time ... my m/c didn't show a BFP till CD 35

I have another beta tomorrow with results Monday ... praying for doubling!
Yay! Mine came back 90 at 14dpo, almost exactly the same! I go in again today
#19 of 28 Old 07-17-2014, 10:00 AM

GOOD LUCK Sleepymama ... keep us posted!!
#20 of 28 Old 07-17-2014, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We're expecting our rainbow baby March 26th. That's my estimate anyway. We waited two cycles after our April miscarriage. It was such a tough thing to go through, and I know you ladies understand that. I was terrified prior to trying during the two months we waited. I was worried that this would happen again, etc. now I'm just trying to be really positive and let life happen. This morning I was seriously checking for spotting, but I stopped and kept thinking I have to relax and not freak out. Thanks for starting this thread! How awesome to be able to share together.
#21 of 28 Old 07-17-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
GOOD LUCK Sleepymama ... keep us posted!!
Thanks! I'm annoyed that I had to go in during the afternoon because now I won't get results until tomorrow!! I stopped peeing on the cheap tests I bought on the Internet when I miscarried last year. I think they are as dark as they are going to get and it's not helping me feel any better.
Sorry to see so many who have experienced loss-but hoping this time is the charm!! I have to make myself stop checking for spotting too. That is the doom sign for me
#22 of 28 Old 07-18-2014, 07:25 AM

Just heard from nurse. Levels at 16dpo were 210 up from 90 at 14 dpo. They want me to go in again tomorrow because it's so early. But that's easily a double!! Yay!!
MakeItSew and teamviddy like this.
#23 of 28 Old 07-18-2014, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Hooray for doubling numbers!

Stupid question: are betas the same as "hCG quant"? I've got a script for that, from when we were monitoring me down to 0 post miscarriages.

#24 of 28 Old 07-19-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeItSew View Post
Hooray for doubling numbers!

Stupid question: are betas the same as "hCG quant"? I've got a script for that, from when we were monitoring me down to 0 post miscarriages.
Yes I think so. They want to make sure there's no retained tissue. If your hcg is taking a very long time to go back to 0 that's a sign there is still something left in there.
#25 of 28 Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM

You guys, I am a few days away from passing the time when I lost my longest-lasting pregnancy (7.5 weeks). Surely that counts for something!
MakeItSew likes this.

#26 of 28 Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM

It counts for a lot!! It's a big milestone. Especially given your history and specific issues I'd say it's a really good sign.
teamviddy likes this.
#27 of 28 Old Today, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Totally counts for something!

I've still got about 2 weeks to go, but today marks a year to the day from my first miscarriage. We found out during the ultrasound that bub wasn't alive anymore. One of my to-dos this week is to try to get the u/s scheduled for the same day as my first prenatal appointment, so I can save myself a trip to the doctor's office. It's all in the same huge medical center.
teamviddy likes this.

#28 of 28 Old Today, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi
I'm new here.
Expecting a rainbow baby, I had a miscarriage in May 2014.
Had a regular period and bam! got pregnant again.
This is my situation too! I miscarried at 7 weeks in May had a period and got pregnant again. I'm due March 7th now. This is my 3rd pregnancy, my first pregnancy brought me my now 2yr old daughter.

I have my 1st appt this Tuesday. I've already met with my endocrinologist since I have hypothyroidism and want to make sure my thyroid levels are where they should be.

Hope everyone continues to progress well in their pregnancies! Here's to a healthy and happy 9 months for us all.
Rosemarino and teamviddy like this.

Last edited by mamakrysti; Today at 03:32 PM. Reason: forgot last part

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page