Had to break out the pregnancy pants - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

Old 07-22-2014, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thumbs down Had to break out the pregnancy pants

So I'm a little bummed that I had to break out the pregnancy pants this morning. Im about 7.5 weeks and although I'm still fitting in my normal clothes thewaistline was starting to get a bit tight. Ive been having stomach aches for the past week regardless of what I was eating. My hubby finally suggested maybe my pants were too tight. I put on a pair of stretchy waist prego pants this morning and viola tummy ache averted! I know I'm further along than many of you but is anyone else breaking them out yet or am I the only one? Please dont tell me I'm alone here. Haha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2014, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Only 5w. Not yet. But I did find that I had saved a pair of maternity jeans from my preg with DD 9 years ago and they still fit. So exciting. I'm not working right now (teacher on summer break) so I'm pretty much only wearing yoga pants. It's going to be hard going back to work at 10-11 weeks because none of my work clothes are going to fit but it will be too hot to buy wintery maternity stuff. I don't want to buy summery maternity stuff I'll only wear for 3 weeks. Do they make dressy yoga pants!? Lol.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not quite yet, but I feel like I could. The bloating makes it feel like the baby is much bigger than it actually is. I'd be happy in yoga pants for the next 9 months or so
Old 07-22-2014, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sleepymama- Maybe you can get some maxi skirts with the fold over yoga waist? I see them fairly cheap and hyou could wear 'em in the the winter with tights/leggings? I love me some yoga pants but being a bit larger sometimes yoga pants just make me feel more blah. I have bunches of skirts and dresses that I am pretty sure will take me through this pregnancy.

Mama to my angel baby Drew (9/22/06), Alexia (10/26/11) , and hoping for a in 3/2015!!

Old 07-22-2014, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Not yet--7w2d here. But I've been living in dresses so I can't tell anyway! I know my waist has expanded though. Most of my pants are low. I wore my jeans into my 4th month last time. But there's this incredible relief with slipping on those maternity bad boys that has a certain allure.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
To be honest I pretty much live in my maternity skirts all the time, pregnant or not lol. They are so comfortable!! So no you are not alone I agree about the maxi skirts .... they are great!

Married my wonderful husband Jan 06

Five times blessed! 
DD - August '07
DS1 - February '10
DS2 - April '12
D? - MC Sept '14 @ 16weeks
Expecting our RAINBOW March '15 

Other than that we
Old 07-22-2014, 01:47 PM

I am a big larger too ahem can't wear a skirt without some kind of chub rub protection shorts if you know what I mean . Skirts will probably be a good idea since I'm trying to keep the pregnancy under wraps until Oct/Nov. Maternity pants do scream pregnant!!!
Old 07-22-2014, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Oh, you're not alone, I don't think.

Honestly, I kept a few pairs of maternity capri jeans & have continued wearing them since my 4 year-old. They're comfy & as long as your shirt covers the blue stretchy part, nobody knows but you.

And I totally agree about yoga pants & maxi skirts! I've been a professional basically all my life, and never even owned any yoga/sweat pants until I stopped working after my last babe. Now I don't know how I ever lived without them! I bought some cute maxi skirts that double as dresses that I think will keep me going through the hot months of this pregnancy. And I can wear them to work, if I need to.

The other thing to remember is BellyBands (is that what they're called?). They saved my life/wardrobe last pregnancy. You can still wear your regular pants, just unbuttoned, with the band over the waist. That saved me from buying the extra season of maternitywear.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:46 PM

I love fashion and I know I'm probably alone in this crunchy group, but I am TOTALLY buying some designer denim this time around. I always said I would, but balked at the cost. I didn't plan this pregnancy and I need a consolation prize!

Old 07-22-2014, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
This is my first pregnancy so I don't actually have pregnancy pants but I've definitely gone up a size due to all of the bloating. I'm wearing all of my bigger sized work pants and have invested in a few larger "flowy" shirts. I used to shy away from these type of shirts because i had an hourglass figure and felt they made me look pregnant. These days I'm wearing them to help hide my stomach bloat. I just ordered pants extenders and belly bands so that I hopefully won't have to buy new pants. I have recently bought some maxi dresses and skirts too because they're so versatile. I can wear them now and when my belly gets bigger. I haven't told work yet so I'm trying to hide my stomach for at least another 5 weeks.

7 weeks, 1 day.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:38 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemarino View Post
I love fashion and I know I'm probably alone in this crunchy group, but I am TOTALLY buying some designer denim this time around. I always said I would, but balked at the cost. I didn't plan this pregnancy and I need a consolation prize!
You should buy yourself something to make you feel sexy/hip whatever floats your boat. Especially since you were surprised with this. I'm no fashionista, but I do love cute pregnancy clothes. Post pics when you get them!

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, just completed my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
Old 07-22-2014, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I am pretty much a yoga pant/ pajama pant kinda girl preggo or not LOL but I go back to work next month and must wear GASP dress clothes! which is a huge battle for me under typical circumstances, much less pregnant. OYE!
Old 07-23-2014, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
@Sleepymama Sooo... say you have bike shorts you wear under skirts and they come up to your natural waist. Do stretchy shorts/leggings/etc. that have elastic waists tend to be remotely ok as your belly grows? Or do you have to get maternity style shorts to wear beneath skirts? I think in the winter I will need to wear leggings or tights under the skirts anyway but I am curious if my normal bike shorts will work for very long.

Foster mom, married to DH (foster dad!)

Old 07-23-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamviddy View Post
@Sleepymama Sooo... say you have bike shorts you wear under skirts and they come up to your natural waist. Do stretchy shorts/leggings/etc. that have elastic waists tend to be remotely ok as your belly grows? Or do you have to get maternity style shorts to wear beneath skirts? I think in the winter I will need to wear leggings or tights under the skirts anyway but I am curious if my normal bike shorts will work for very long.
It depends on how stretchy they are. If they are pretty stretchy you can probably shove them under your belly and they'll be fine. If not, they might push on your bladder too much when you do that and you'd need some that have a bigger waist or are designed to go under the belly. You'll be fine for a long time though I think.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:18 AM

I wore regular bike shorts last pregnancy for chub chafe and they worked fine!

Old 07-23-2014, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Cool, thanks! I have been curious how elastic waistbands will work as my belly expands.

Foster mom, married to DH (foster dad!)

Old 07-23-2014, 04:42 PM

I am so glad I am not the only person who suffers from the dreaded chub rub lol
Old 07-24-2014, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm not yet but I'm so bloated in the evenings I tend to put on my pjs early. I'm 5.5 weeks. I'm worried for my brothers wedding in 3 weeks, I'm hoping to not tell my extended family by then since I won't have heard the heartbeat yet.

User Tag List