Any tricks for hiding the growing belly (just for a few more weeks!)? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By Rosemarino
  • 1 Post By indiana
  • 1 Post By unuselyriver
  • 1 Post By Yaliina
  • 1 Post By Frioct3

#1 of 8 Old 08-16-2014, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Any tricks for hiding the growing belly (just for a few more weeks!)?

Tomorrow we are going to a BIG family reunion. I'm not quite ready to let all the extended family know about the pregnancy. I'm only 9 weeks, we haven't gotten the chance to listen to the heartbeat yet, and I just feel better waiting until I'm 12 weeks/heard the heartbeat at my 11 week appointment.

I'm very short (5'), and have a petite build, so I'm already showing. My belly is pretty big already, much quicker than with my first pregnancy (of course). My close friends and our parents have all remarked this week that I'm showing.

It might be totally hopeless to try to be discrete about my belly, but I thought I'd see if any of you know any tricks.

Married to the love of my life I'm a stay at home Catholic mom who loves to read, clean, AP, and make my own herbal medicine.
Our kids: 2 babies in heaven; Peter, born at home 4/5/13 ; Baby in belly, due 3/20/15 Planning on another homebirth and tandem nursing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 08-17-2014, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Flowy, draped layers. Long scarf, loose top/dress, maybe a shawl type sweater over that if weather permits. Good luck!
Morgan Harrigan likes this.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#3 of 8 Old 08-17-2014, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
People keep asking me if I'm pregnant when I wear a dress these days. I usually look less pregnant when I wear a black shirt, pants, a scarf, and/or a loose cardigan. If your reunion is outside in the heat, maybe the cardigan won't work. Whatever you do, I'd recommend a black top! Oh, and something that draws the eye to other parts of your body. Maybe a really bold necklace or earrings or something.
#4 of 8 Old 08-17-2014, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
well i hide my pregnancy for 28 weeks and i was showing big time i wear a belly band and really big shirts with skirts i would try that

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#5 of 8 Old 08-17-2014, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Might try a maxi-style dress. They can really hide your middle, if they're designed right.

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, working on my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
#6 of 8 Old 08-17-2014, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Thanks everyone! I pulled a black loose tunic out of my closet and wore a big necklace. I don't think anybody guessed I was pregnant. The loose black top really did help. I wish I could have layered with a scarf or a cardigan, but it was too hot. I must have been sucking my tummy in a little absentmindedly though, now that I'm relaxing on the couch back home, I feel like I've grown another few inches.

I look forward to being able to tell everyone in another month or so!

Married to the love of my life I'm a stay at home Catholic mom who loves to read, clean, AP, and make my own herbal medicine.
Our kids: 2 babies in heaven; Peter, born at home 4/5/13 ; Baby in belly, due 3/20/15 Planning on another homebirth and tandem nursing.
#7 of 8 Old 08-17-2014, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Just wanted to say I am so glad I'm not the only one showing already. I feel huge!
#8 of 8 Old 08-18-2014, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I had a family wedding this past Saturday at 9 weeks and was worried about people asking me too. One cousin did ask but she always does. I pulled the "why do I look fat" line. My sister (who knows) then jumped in with how rude it is to ask the question and the subject got changed.
Rosemarino likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page