Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By onemommyonemama

#1 of 8 Old 08-26-2014, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
retroverted uterus anyone?

Does anyone else have a retroverted uterus? I have heard it is pretty common. For the past few days I have been having such a pain in my sacrum. When I squat down to pick something up it just feels weird standing up again, like my glutes aren't working right. I'm at about 10 weeks and don't have an appointment for another 2 weeks. I'm not positive but thinking this is maybe because of the retroverted uterus and pressure on nerves and whatnot.

So anyone else experience this? Any tips from the experienced moms?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 08-26-2014, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I'm having pain in or near my sacrum when I lie on my back or recline. Mine feels like bones/muscle, and I'm almost certain that it's from all of the sitting/reclining/slouching I've been doing while I feel so crappy. I think I would have heard if I had a retroverted uterus during all the pelvic floor PT I had last summer, but no one brought it up. What I feel in my sacrum area is sharp and acute.

Does yours feel crampy or could it be more localized to your skeletal muscle tissue? Are you sitting around a lot more than usual?
#3 of 8 Old 08-27-2014, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Yes, my uterus tilts very far backward. I don't find it bothering me, though. I don't actually even know what that means, except that everyone tells me! I'll look into it now though.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#4 of 8 Old 08-27-2014, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Wonder if this has happened to you? I don't want to freak you out, but this doesn't sound at all serious in the scheme of things, but does sound painful:
" In a small percentage of cases, the growing uterus is ‘snagged’ on pelvic bone (usually the sacrum). This condition is known as ‘incarcerated uterus’. The symptoms usually occur somewhere between weeks 12 and 14, and can include pain and difficulties passing urine."

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#5 of 8 Old 08-27-2014, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Ouch, Rosemarino! Hope that's not it, PortlandRose. I think mine might be retroverted. I remember the MW saying something about it during my labor with my last one. The student MW's even had a hard time finding my cervix because it was tilted at an odd angle. I could be wrong about what it was called, though. I certainly don't remember very well what was said while I was laboring. Hope it is just a stretching cramp & it goes away soon.

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, working on my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
#6 of 8 Old 08-29-2014, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I would suggest chiropractic care for a little relief to start. It's not too early for our bodies to be producing a ton of relaxin and that can cause everything to be very stretchy and painful. I hope you get some relief!!!

Natalie, doula lady & wife to A, mama & teacher to DD (4/07), DD (10/09), DS (12/12), & Surprise babe (3/15)
*~~*~*~Love eachother!!~*~*~~*
  Diabetes Sucks     
#7 of 8 Old 08-31-2014, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a retroverted uterus. At 10-14 weeks the uterus is usually not yet out of the pelvis, but getting bigger and heavier and can do some funky things. For me the retroversion made it difficult for me to pee for a week or so in there (13 weeks I believe last time). I had to wake up every 3 hours to pee or else ended up in the hospital with a cathedar. It was a very strange feeling being really ready to pee and not being able to!

Most people with retroverted uteri don't experience this. But one other mom in my online group experienced it with me, so not completely rare.

The suggestions for my issue was to spend a lot of time on all fours, sleep on my belly until the uterus rose out of the pelvis (anytime between 12-16 weeks I believe), and also go on all fours with my butt in the air. This would likely help correct any retroverted issues, as it helps the uterus move forward.

If you ever experience severe pain go right to an ER in case the uterus is incarcerated. There is much they can do to solve this if it gets to this point - but don't stress, this is rare. I had a lot of lower back pain this pregnancy for a couple weeks. And cervical pain. Not currently, though. I hope you get some relief Can you call your care provider and ask some questions? They would likely appreciate the heads up and might have some experience.
Rosemarino likes this.

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

#8 of 8 Old 09-01-2014, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for all the info and concern. I had read about the incarcerated uterus and pressure on the bladder/urethra so that was on my mind. Google is dangerous! :P I'm thinking my discomfort is more related to my recent bad posture and lack of exercise from first trimester symptoms. Plus all those hormones. I will definitely ask about it next time I am at the office though.

I met with a personal trainer on Saturday. I used to go about once a month although I canceled the last one. She gave me some simple things to do that are possible even if I'm nauseated. Like squeeze glutes 10 times upon standing after sitting/laying for a long time.

First time mom due 3/22

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page