September Chat!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

#1 of 45 Old 09-01-2014, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
September Chat!!

Hiya ladies! Happy Labor day!!! @LexiDrewMama how was your rally? Did anyone else go to any rallies for the improving birth.org ? We have one in a town near by, but honestly, in times past it's been more of a picket than a rally. One year they protested in front of the hospitals :/ Not something I wanted to be a part of, kwim?

I need to get a belly shot up soon! Over the past two days I haven't felt so pregnant, my energy seems to be reappearing! So, just when I was getting in my head, I looked down and realized I totally have a belly hanging out down there.

Everyone will hit their second trimester by the end of this month right? I just hit 12 weeks a few days ago and boy does it feel good to hit that mark!

What's everyone craving these days? I've spent two days in the kitchen making various soups, bread, veggies, and deviled eggs for dinner with friends today. So happy to be back there. My seven year old was so surprised I was in there cooking! It was great.

Natalie, doula lady & wife to A, mama & teacher to DD (4/07), DD (10/09), DS (12/12), & Surprise babe (3/15)
*~~*~*~Love eachother!!~*~*~~*
  Diabetes Sucks     
#2 of 45 Old 09-02-2014, 05:53 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I made a delicious pasta sauce from our CSA (to use up all of those delicious veggies) and was eating it by the bowl practically. I threw it all up last night though. Thankfully (tmi) it tasted pretty good coming up, too. I guess it was too much roughage for my stomach that is still trying to recover from whatever virus it was that I had. It's hard, because I feel hungry for those things.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#3 of 45 Old 09-02-2014, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
@Rosemarino , I've come pretty close to overdoing a few times it this week. I've started to get hungrier for a larger variety/quantity of food, but whenever I try to eat as much as I want, I regret it. Yesterday I ate a normal helping of pasta for a change (instead of a tiny, scared little helping like I've been doing) and it stayed with me for the rest of the day. Very uncomfortably. I guess our bodies are ready to eat more normally, but our bellies aren't! I wonder if time will fix that or if we've just shrunk our stomachs and need to stretch them slowly. That sounds like it will be tough/gross. I bet your stomach is even touchier since it was in such bad shape so recently. Surely we get to enjoy this trimester soon, right???
#4 of 45 Old 09-02-2014, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm still on my caesar salad kick. I made a new batch of dressing for the family yesterday & it was so good I had two helpings. I'm also still mostly on a fruits & veggies kick. I'm trying to be sure to get protein, as well, but not much meat sounds good, other than fish. Unfortunately, so many fish are on the "no-no" list. I did have shrimp, though, because my dad fixed a made-from-scratch jambalaya for their anniversary party. It was delicious, but I could only eat a little bit. I do feel like my stomach has shrunk already. I wonder if it's more dramatic earlier than usual because this is my 4th, and my insides have all been in this position before?

Hope y'all's 2nd trimester bliss comes along quickly. I still have a couple of weeks to go.

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, working on my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
#5 of 45 Old 09-02-2014, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I'm 10.5 weeks. I'm not really feeling sick much, but I have no appetite either. When I feel like I'm starving, I eat something and I'm full right away.

Weird.

Protein has been the name of the game for me. I have really been very very very careful with what I eat. I want to stay in tip top shape this pregnancy. I have been eating a lot of whole fruits and veggies, healthy carbs and such. I continue to exercise every single day. I just don't need any drama.

Anyone know anything about tinctures. I am getting one for liver health, for kidney health and for blood pressure. I just don't know a good source where the people will actually speak to you and make it custom.

I'm getting closer to getting a midwife. I have to do prenatals with an OB and went to one. It's clearly not going to work. I don't like it when my intelligence is insulted, or people don't listen to what I'm saying. I am obviously taking care of myself and being very proactive in my care. I have had 3 homebirths, so while I am not an expert, I do have some knowledge. I am an adult and feel like I should be treated as such. I also don't like taking random tests for no reason - and feel like I have the right to refuse tests when offered. So, there you go. It's a long process, and I am not settling on an office until I am comfortable with my care. If that happens at 20 weeks, so be it.

So that's it with me. I'm a general troublemaker, and people typically just roll their eyes at me - but I have to ensure that I get the experience that I want (well, as much as I can within a framework of big corporation).
purposefuldoula likes this.

Homeschooling, homebirthing mom to 3 (10, 5 and 2). Fourth expected in late March (yeah right, I carry forever). Probably mid-April!
#6 of 45 Old 09-02-2014, 04:42 PM

Lisa, I think you & I would get along great! I'm usually the one people are rolling their eyes and telling to calm down & not get so inflamed.
I was so shocked when the OB I chose for this one actually listened to me & made me feel like she heard me, she cares, and she'll work with me!! I hope you can find that soon. Turns out, contrary to my previous opinion, they ARE out there!

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, working on my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
#7 of 45 Old 09-02-2014, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
The rally was okay....I mean the turn out was kinda disappointing and there was supposed to be a fun run (in my case fun walk) that was sorta a flop. On the upside I got to see both my midwife who really is willing to be my midwife (I am so silly) and my doula. Both of them were super reassuring about the fact that I am feeling so decent (Once again I am silly for worrying so much). It was also nice to connect socially. We moved to small town Northern California from bigger city Arizona a year and a half ago and this has been super isolating for me. I had a super awesome circle of mama friends that I saw regularly, but I haven't found that here in between working fulltime, having a toddler, and living in a weird place (can't even explain).

As far as cravings....not really having many. I bought these awesome grapes....like amazing and I could eat them all day. Other than that I am definitely hungry all the time, but I do feel like I am filling up faster.

Mama to my angel baby Drew (9/22/06), Alexia (10/26/11) , and hoping for a in 3/2015!!

#8 of 45 Old 09-03-2014, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa R. Nelson View Post
I'm 10.5 weeks. I'm not really feeling sick much, but I have no appetite either. When I feel like I'm starving, I eat something and I'm full right away.

Weird.

Protein has been the name of the game for me. I have really been very very very careful with what I eat. I want to stay in tip top shape this pregnancy. I have been eating a lot of whole fruits and veggies, healthy carbs and such. I continue to exercise every single day. I just don't need any drama.

Anyone know anything about tinctures. I am getting one for liver health, for kidney health and for blood pressure. I just don't know a good source where the people will actually speak to you and make it custom.

I'm getting closer to getting a midwife. I have to do prenatals with an OB and went to one. It's clearly not going to work. I don't like it when my intelligence is insulted, or people don't listen to what I'm saying. I am obviously taking care of myself and being very proactive in my care. I have had 3 homebirths, so while I am not an expert, I do have some knowledge. I am an adult and feel like I should be treated as such. I also don't like taking random tests for no reason - and feel like I have the right to refuse tests when offered. So, there you go. It's a long process, and I am not settling on an office until I am comfortable with my care. If that happens at 20 weeks, so be it.

So that's it with me. I'm a general troublemaker, and people typically just roll their eyes at me - but I have to ensure that I get the experience that I want (well, as much as I can within a framework of big corporation).
I do not know of specific tinctures, but when I went to my midwife yesterday she suggested these herbs for tea to help with a plethora of symptoms and health benefits...
Meadowsweet- tummy soother
Chamomile- calming for body and mind
Nettle- source of iron
Milk Thistle- liver support
Dandelion- liver and anemia support
Raspberry leaf- nausea relief and great for uterine and pelvic region over all!

Hope his helps!
#9 of 45 Old 09-03-2014, 01:34 PM

Greeting mamas!

Wow, what a wonderfully insane and expansive moment this birthing has and continues to be! This will be my first child and second in our mixed and matched family Tomorrow marks the 3 month trail for bebe and mama also! It is so nice to be thru some of the feelings and bodily sensations the first term has brought about. I feel it is definitely testing courage, strength and stamina in so many ways. Now when I freak out, I can watch myself and express humor, rather than being sopped up in illusion. Truth always prevails when awareness is in the forefront! I look forward to all that is to come and bring honesty to what is presence and in the moment of all these experiences! It sure seems to be flying by already! My body has changed so much already and clothes definitely don't fit the same. I have given in to wearing a bra and considering undies....though nakedness feels so awesome! Freely free to be Me! Lots of love and happiness to all the babies and mamas our der! Papa bears and other co-mamabears too

We are love incarnate! Let this light shine infinitely!

Peace!
purposefuldoula likes this.
#10 of 45 Old 09-03-2014, 04:41 PM

@rivermoonmama , you're so right about this being an important preparation stage. I had no idea how much I would need to listen to (indeed, surrender to) my body in pregnancy. I also had no idea how hard it would be to continue with the rest of my life in spite of nausea, exhaustion, etc. Learning to treat myself with compassion while also living up to my responsibilities to the rest of the world has been an important education for what's coming next.

Some days I can think about being love incarnate and that knowledge can override any suffering I'm feeling, or at least remind me of its purpose. Because I feel really strongly that this is an embodiment of divine love, however you think of the divine, and that this is one of the most beautiful and sacred things a human being can do. I think about that often and write about it a lot. It's such a gift we get to receive.

Today, though, those powerful thoughts didn't do it for me. I had to do a memorial service today for a 20-year-old girl. I didn't know her, but I knew a lot of the people who loved her, so it was still a hard load to bear today. Gearing up for it all day made me more and more nauseous until right before her parents were supposed to get to my office, I had to run out of the building (through an unreasonably intense odor of Pizza Hut garlic bread sticks in the lobby for some reason) and do a brisk lap outside to keep from puking. I did the whole service with my sea bands on and had to eat a granola bar right in the middle of it. The whole thing was outside in the heat, too. Most of the time my focus on the people there and stuff to do kept my mind off of the way I was feeling, but every once in a while it would rush back. Today was just a terrible day.

I got home and as soon as I opened my car door I got hit by this wall of grilling meat smell from my neighbor's yard and then I walked in the door and my husband was cooking fajitas with all the cumin, and I don't know how I got upstairs into bed without losing it. Since then I've eaten a buckwheat pancake and feel better, with a fan blowing on me.

I'm just really ready for this stage to be over. For so long I was able to be miserable but still think how every symptom was a sign that I had a baby coming, and I could feel good about that, but now that I'm back at work it's harder to manage and it's just been with me for so LONG. I feel worn down. Even the good days just make the bad days feel worse, because I get this brief memory of what having a comfortable body feels like and then it's gone.

13 weeks has to be close to the end of this. Maybe feeling close is making me more impatient. Anyway. I just needed to get that off my chest. Tomorrow will be a better day.
#11 of 45 Old 09-03-2014, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Good news everyone!! Today at my 11.5 week appt we got to listen for the heartbeat and heard it LOUD and STRONG right when the doppler touched my stomach! I'd been laying low on the forum for a bit because I just needed to hear that heartbeat to feel confident about the pregnancy! I'll be more active again now that we got that heartbeat.

Married to the love of my life I'm a stay at home Catholic mom who loves to read, clean, AP, and make my own herbal medicine.
Our kids: 2 babies in heaven; Peter, born at home 4/5/13 ; Baby in belly, due 3/20/15 Planning on another homebirth and tandem nursing.
#12 of 45 Old 09-04-2014, 06:49 AM

Yes!!!!!!!!!

#13 of 45 Old 09-04-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana View Post
@rivermoonmama , you're so right about this being an important preparation stage. I had no idea how much I would need to listen to (indeed, surrender to) my body in pregnancy. I also had no idea how hard it would be to continue with the rest of my life in spite of nausea, exhaustion, etc. Learning to treat myself with compassion while also living up to my responsibilities to the rest of the world has been an important education for what's coming next.

Some days I can think about being love incarnate and that knowledge can override any suffering I'm feeling, or at least remind me of its purpose. Because I feel really strongly that this is an embodiment of divine love, however you think of the divine, and that this is one of the most beautiful and sacred things a human being can do. I think about that often and write about it a lot. It's such a gift we get to receive.

Today, though, those powerful thoughts didn't do it for me. I had to do a memorial service today for a 20-year-old girl. I didn't know her, but I knew a lot of the people who loved her, so it was still a hard load to bear today. Gearing up for it all day made me more and more nauseous until right before her parents were supposed to get to my office, I had to run out of the building (through an unreasonably intense odor of Pizza Hut garlic bread sticks in the lobby for some reason) and do a brisk lap outside to keep from puking. I did the whole service with my sea bands on and had to eat a granola bar right in the middle of it. The whole thing was outside in the heat, too. Most of the time my focus on the people there and stuff to do kept my mind off of the way I was feeling, but every once in a while it would rush back. Today was just a terrible day.

I got home and as soon as I opened my car door I got hit by this wall of grilling meat smell from my neighbor's yard and then I walked in the door and my husband was cooking fajitas with all the cumin, and I don't know how I got upstairs into bed without losing it. Since then I've eaten a buckwheat pancake and feel better, with a fan blowing on me.

I'm just really ready for this stage to be over. For so long I was able to be miserable but still think how every symptom was a sign that I had a baby coming, and I could feel good about that, but now that I'm back at work it's harder to manage and it's just been with me for so LONG. I feel worn down. Even the good days just make the bad days feel worse, because I get this brief memory of what having a comfortable body feels like and then it's gone.

13 weeks has to be close to the end of this. Maybe feeling close is making me more impatient. Anyway. I just needed to get that off my chest. Tomorrow will be a better day.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing~ no matter what level of the spectrum we are in, all is good! We can see this, be above the water, like the lotus and float above the densities that are the physical and dualistic remnants of experience. Often I lay in bed, hot and nausea, and could take it as a horrible thing. For whatever reasons or happenings, I tend to embrace these feelings/sensations and be with it...right there, as things are. Not pushing or pulling whatever way my mind wants to entertain. It brings up an immense about of fear, doubt, insecurities, etc. Things that have been neglected to be seen and truly see. For those lessons will continue to show up as patterns, until we have fulled experienced the growth that is to be from these memories. It is only when we choose to be identified with such pictures, do we fall in to them. Otherwise our true spirit, higher self, soul, whatever it is, is above all this and united with truth.

They society and this matrix is set up, does not support this freedom so willingly...it takes some effort to move thru whatever these things may be and then be effortlessly...yOu We spend so much time amidst the outer world, constantly projecting and following the movie screen. But who we truly are is nothing of these faces and places. This truth is omnipresent and One. Even to speak of it in this was is somewhat limiting to the genuine experience of such reality.

Maybe none of this makes sense...and whatever, who cares! Who cares if I feel like shit, or am on the top of the world. Who cares?!...I ask, I inquire! Inquire within! We are Alive! And not alone, as we carry, nurture, sustain, love, these blessed gifts of light we are about to birth into this world. We are strong, not only for ourselves or because of ourselves, but for the many many women (we'moon) that have come to be and go before us. To guide the path and let us choose our own to kindle as we walk, dance, play, cry and laugh thru this crazy crazy domain. Never give your power, this authority, away! Be nothing! The unknown~ and embrace all the colors and shades of who you are!

Thank you! Peace~

#14 of 45 Old 09-05-2014, 12:30 PM

Loving me some Floradix lately. Stuff has me feeling back to life. Unless it's a coincidence, but I don't think so!

I got my HARMONY test back--no problems--but I also didn't find out the gender! I knew deep down that my midwife would mess that up. This practice, just completely not on any kind of a ball. Dangit.

#15 of 45 Old 09-05-2014, 03:35 PM

@Morgan Harrigan and @Rosemarino , I'm so glad things are looking good! This is great news, and boy does it make the journey lighter!

I keep meaning to try floradix and then I get afraid of the taste and feel of such concentrated juice in my belly. Did you find the taste agreeable even with the belly gross? Did it give you any acidic tummy feels?
#16 of 45 Old 09-05-2014, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
@indiana , I have always found floradix agreeable to my stomach. They say to space taking it between meals, so I have always taken it on an empty stomach, and with no problem. I had to take a heavy duty iron supplement years ago when I was super anemic and that was always hard on my stomach. I also get that acidic stomach feeling from juice on an empty stomach, but the floradix has always made me feel awesome. (Perhaps the awesome is in my head because it just tastes so full of amazing nutrients...but I really do think it helps me stay energetic).

My 17 month old has started having nightmares/night terrors. I read this is totally normal at his age as it's when the hippocampus comes on board. It has made for very sleepless nights. He's been waking up crying next to me a few times a night and wanting to nurse a couple times an hour. I used to be able to sleep though his night nursing, but something about the pregnancy has made that harder for me. I woke up this morning totally zombie mom thinking "oh no, this is what it's going to be like again when the new baby is here. I almost forgot what living on a few hours of sleep feels like". Of course I've never done newborn sleep deprivation while toddler chasing. A new thing to look forward to. I've given up caffeine for the pregnancy, but I think I'll probably go back to drinking it a month after the baby is born. Survival.

Married to the love of my life I'm a stay at home Catholic mom who loves to read, clean, AP, and make my own herbal medicine.
Our kids: 2 babies in heaven; Peter, born at home 4/5/13 ; Baby in belly, due 3/20/15 Planning on another homebirth and tandem nursing.
#17 of 45 Old 09-06-2014, 04:02 AM

@indiana I have never had problems with floradix. It's the only iron supplement I can take. Have you tried those expensive natural juices from whole foods? I know it sounds stupid, but those have a lot less sugar, and may be a bit more agreeable.

My last pregnancies I was drinking juice and pop, so I didn't think about putting it in orange juice. This time around, I'm not eating any refined sugars.

also, what about flavored water. Not sure if there is enough flavor there to cut the metallic taste.

Homeschooling, homebirthing mom to 3 (10, 5 and 2). Fourth expected in late March (yeah right, I carry forever). Probably mid-April!
#18 of 45 Old 09-06-2014, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermoonmama View Post
I do not know of specific tinctures, but when I went to my midwife yesterday she suggested these herbs for tea to help with a plethora of symptoms and health benefits...
Meadowsweet- tummy soother
Chamomile- calming for body and mind
Nettle- source of iron
Milk Thistle- liver support
Dandelion- liver and anemia support
Raspberry leaf- nausea relief and great for uterine and pelvic region over all!

Hope his helps!

Thanks so much @rivermoonmama !

#19 of 45 Old 09-06-2014, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaliina View Post
Lisa, I think you & I would get along great! I'm usually the one people are rolling their eyes and telling to calm down & not get so inflamed.
I was so shocked when the OB I chose for this one actually listened to me & made me feel like she heard me, she cares, and she'll work with me!! I hope you can find that soon. Turns out, contrary to my previous opinion, they ARE out there!
@Yaliina yeah, someone else told me that they were out there. The trick is finding the one in a very very big sea. I am so happy that you found yours. It definitely gives me hope to just keep looking, getting recommendations and trying.

#20 of 45 Old 09-06-2014, 09:16 AM

@indiana , I know you're a lot different from me in terms of your food aversions, but the Floradix is so worth a try. The flavor...slightly metallic grape apple juice. Maybe like you made that kind of juice from concentrate and took a spoonful of the concentrate and added a couple spoonfuls of water. Sweet, but not syrupy. I don't mind it. I chase it with water. You can also plug your nose and take it, then chase with water and it won't be bad. It doesn't seem acidic to me in the least. I don't want to steer you wrong, but in my experience if you buy something from a health food store and don't like it, they usually take it back, so you could try it once. I would give it a shot. It has given me my energy back.

#21 of 45 Old 09-06-2014, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Oh how I could use some energy!! I couldn't drag myself out of bed til 11 this morning and am having a complete couch potato movie day. 4 long 11+ hour shifts in a row and I am useless. Are those if you taking floradix taking it in addition to your prenatal (I may have missed that bit above).

I feel more hormones kicking into gear for real now. I am not one to cry easily but omg everything make me emotional lately ha!

Mama to my angel baby Drew (9/22/06), Alexia (10/26/11) , and hoping for a in 3/2015!!

#22 of 45 Old 09-06-2014, 03:45 PM

@LexiDrewMama , I can't even imagine working four 11+ hour shifts! No wonder you're having a total couch potato day! I'm way impressed. You should be pretty proud of yourself for building a whole human AND managing to work those hours. You've earned a lazy day or three!
#23 of 45 Old 09-06-2014, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
@indiana - during my last pregnancy, I found it very agreeable! My body was wanting and needing it! Haven't started it yet this time, but totally should for those days that drag!!

Started having BH the other night :/ The first one threw me off, but after the second I was like, already?! They've gotten progressively earlier with each pregnancy, the last one around 19 weeks, but 12? Sheesh!! Nothing painful, just tightness and uncomfortableness. Wish they would hold out for a few months. They are just something my body likes to do; I wasn't dehydrated or overdoing it by any means. Any other mamas have these yet?

Still not showing, though my belly is starting to round out on the bottom. Usually it's a bit wrinkly from having babes, but it's nice and firm now!!

Oh and so wanted to whine a bit with you guys. I loaned out my maternity clothes to a friend about 18 months ago. Right after I found out about this babe, I asked her for them back and she said sure. Well, weeks went by and last week she texted me saying she couldn't find them. Then it turned into an argument of she saying she did give them back, just a few weeks ago,(she really hadn't!) The day after that, she texted me to see if she could bring some clothes over and when she got here, she told me that she ended up remember what happened to them. She donated all of them :'C So sad!! I loaned her at least 6 pairs of maternity jeans and a few shirts. You guys know that maternity jeans are not cheap!! I didn't get an apology for her being a jerk on the phone or anything. I've now learned my lesson on "loaning" things out, in the very least to her. Mourning the loss of my clothes over here!!!

Natalie, doula lady & wife to A, mama & teacher to DD (4/07), DD (10/09), DS (12/12), & Surprise babe (3/15)
*~~*~*~Love eachother!!~*~*~~*
  Diabetes Sucks     
#24 of 45 Old 09-06-2014, 09:43 PM

@purposefuldoula , I'm so sorry about your clothes! I gave ALL of my pregnancy & baby stuff away when we decided we were done with babies, and then just a few months later, we changed our minds. Fortunately for me, I'm pretty sure my friend to whom I gave all my maternity clothes and my mei tais will almost certainly return what she still has. I did tell her to donate whatever she couldn't use, though, and she's a bit smaller than I am, so I'm not completely sure what I'll get back. My diapers are still MIA. I texted the girl I gave them to and she said she'd be willing to return them (she isn't using them any more), but so far, she hasn't given any indication she's for real. I'm not holding my breath. As expensive as maternity clothes are, I'm more upset about the diapers, honestly. I'll have to spend something like $700 to replace those. So, I feel your pain!! Also, I can't commiserate with you about the BH. I never did get them very much until the very end, and even then, they're never very strong.
@morgan Harris, my sons have both had night terrors at different ages. My oldest has them more frequently, and more severely than my youngest, and they seem to come in waves. He'll have them for a few weeks, and then none for months. He actually sleep-walks and sometimes talks during them, but always while sobbing. I don't remember exactly when they started, but they really do come in spurts- I think it's related to growth patterns or development of new skills. He hasn't had any now in quite some time. I hope you get some rest soon.
@indiana , It's a bit late, but I'm sorry for your tough day last week. It sounds really rough.

I don't really have anything new to report from my sphere, except I'm so ready to be done with school!! My mantra has been "4 more weeks"! I have a quiz I have to take tomorrow, a lecture and 3 chapters of the textbook, and then I really have to get started on the 3 papers and 10 case studies that are due in a couple of weeks! Can't wait for this stress to be done so I can project calm and love to my little bean more consistently. Not to mention focusing more attention to my current kids' lives and school.

#25 of 45 Old 09-06-2014, 11:13 PM

@purposefuldoula Yes oh the Braxton hicks! Ugh... Sooo bad already. I'm not surprised though because I've gotten them earlier with each pregnancy. You might like to know that I did find something that helps tremendously! My chiropractor does something called the Webster technique where she relaxes the round ligaments with a tiny bit of pressure and that relieves them. Sadly, for me my chiro just went on maternity leave until January. I'm actually hoping I can figure out how to have my hubby do it.

Last edited by willsmomm; 09-06-2014 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Editing out the hunormous quote
#26 of 45 Old 09-06-2014, 11:18 PM

Or maybe it's just part of the Webster technique? I'm questioning myself now and I'm pretty sure I've got it all wrong. Either way, she just relaxes the round ligaments.
#27 of 45 Old 09-07-2014, 05:31 AM

Wow, I had no idea BH could start that early! That's good to know - I would have panicked. No BH here (first pregnancy) but I do have crampy times. Thanks to pelvic floor PT a couple years ago, I do something similar to what willsmomm's chiro does. Press gently on the muscles and ligaments in the area until they stop resisting (for the uterus, I find the area off to the sides, following along my pelvic bone, to be the best place to press. I apply pressure for about 90 seconds, release to let everything breathe, and then do it again sometimes in the same place, sometimes further down). Heat on my crotch also helps, where all the pelvic floor muscles converge. Those muscles are all different, from the uterine muscles, but they can fire each other off and relax each other just by being so close together. And of course deep belly breathing relieves it all really fast. Of course I'm talking about cramps, so I have no idea if any of this applies to BH!
@purposefuldoula , I can't believe that about the clothes. A friend loaned me a bunch as soon as she found out I as pregnant, and I feel like the keeper of something precious. How can you lose track of something that expensive that isn't yours?? Same with the diapers! $700 worth of diapers is no casual loan. Sorry, ladies. This being my first pregnancy I know how much money you're looking at spending now. Every time I start to shop online I stop, depressed!
#28 of 45 Old 09-07-2014, 06:12 AM

@purposefuldoula , some friend! What a complete horror show! Yuck. That is crazy and also the diaper loan that hasn't been returned is stressful. I definitely hope they come back to you.

I was given (GIVEN!) two trash bags full of maternity clothes from a friend who got a tubal after surprise #3 who is now 4 months. I am excited. She's not much my style and none of the pants fit (I kept the yoga pants and the business pants anyway) but there were great shirts and sweaters that will work. I'm a fit freak but this time I don't care if they're a bit big. I'm feeling so blessed. She will also give me her baby clothes.

#29 of 45 Old 09-07-2014, 06:20 AM

I almost forgot--Braxton Hicks--YUP! I've been getting them. I first got them when I was really sick last week (dehydrated for sure). I have had them several times since and thought I was crazy for thinking they were BH. But I'd know that feeling anywhere.

#30 of 45 Old 09-07-2014, 04:30 PM

WOW! Braxton Hicks already? Sheesh. Nothing here. Just same ole same ole.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page