Mothering Forum banner

Birth playlist

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  teegan db 
#1 ·
Is anyone preparing their birth playlist. This time I will remember to actually turn it on.

So let's hear it!!!!!

If you are preparing one, I would love to hear the songs that make the cut. If you aren't, but can think of good vibe birth songs - I waana hear your ideas.

Let em rip!!

#3 ·
I didn't prepare, but I ended up listening to Iron & Wine all morning while I labored the first time, though I think my laptop died before I went into the pushing phase (not that I noticed...)

#4 ·
I'm planning on just pulling up whatever I may want on my phone. No clue what I will want. To help with particularly bad nausea days in my second month I listened to a Tibetan bowl and rain track to help relax. Also slow Simon and Garfunkle songs because they are one of my favorites and relaxing to me. On pandora I will listen to a station of "solo classical piano" to relax when feeling over stimulated.

#6 ·
I love this thread. I need to get a playlist going & put it on DH's iPod for the surgery, which I guess will last about an hour or so. I really have no idea what music would be nice. I had a list for labor last time- well, actually, I made several so I could switch as the mood hit me- I made one with "Loud, yelling rock" and one of classical music, and one I could sing to. I don't really think I used any of them, though. I don't remember turning anything on, anyway. The surgeon said music was not a problem- I'm guessing they have an iPod player in the OR, but we'll probably take a small portable speakers just in case. But I don't know what music!!

#7 ·
So, DH was watching a show I didn't care to see tonight & I was searching for something to occupy myself (and avoid cleaning) before bed tonight, so I Googled music & c-section & came up with a blogger who had a fabulous list that I completely stole. Well, I stole a bunch of her songs, anyway. Then I was inspired & ended up downloading about 10 Michael Buble renditions of songs I love. I wanted something that would be mellow but not be a downer, so I figure big band-type jazzy music would be a good bet. I don't have the list in front of me right now, but it includes Buble, Jason Mraz, Adele, Pearl Jam, and The Lumineers. I'll post the full list when I have time - maybe tomorrow.

Has anybody else gotten theirs together yet? I'd love to know what you all chose.

#8 ·
I was listening to radiohead's amnesiac during acupuncture today. I recommend one of my favorite songs "pyramid song" for your playlist. It has a constantly changing time measure, feels floaty to me. At the end it repeats the lyrics "there was nothing to fear, nothing to doubt."

My sister said she practiced her breathing with the music she planned to listen to to help make the connection during actual labor.

#9 ·
Here's my list, currently, though it's not finished yet- I still might swap some out as I listen to them more.

Beyond the Sea (Robbie Williams)
Ho Hey (The Lumineers)
I've God You Under My Skin (Michael Buble)
All of Me (Michael Buble)
I'm Yours (Jason Mraz)
In My Arms (Plumb)
Tip of the Tongue (The Donnis Trio)
Lullaby (Dixie Chicks)
How Sweet it is (Michael Buble)
Feeling Good (Michael Buble)
Everything (Michael Buble)
Make You Feel My Love (Adele)
A Thousand Years (Christina Perry)
Home (Phillip Phillips)
One Love / Three Little Birds (The Royal Pitches)
Just Breathe (Pearl Jam)
Here Comes the Sun (Yo-yo Ma & James Taylor)
Lost (Michael Buble)

OK, yes, I seem to have a Michael Buble obsession. But I really love that genre of old jazzy /big band-type music. I think it's mellow without being a downer & that's what I want for this birth, I think. Also, I spent some time making sure I found versions of a lot of these songs that I like. This list, as it is now, is 20 songs, and 1.2 hours in length. Should be about right for a c-section. You'd probably want a lot more for a natural birth, I'd think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.