Movement!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 06-28-2014, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Movement!!

So for the past three days I've been feeling... something... I wasn't sure if it was baby until last night. I mainly only feel it in the middle of the night, after I pee and I'm lying in bed trying to fall back asleep. It is like a little fish flop but it is always in the same spot, right in the center and four finger breadths from my pelvic bone. Sometimes it is only one flop, sometimes there are two or three in a row. I am 11+1 and I felt baby at 10.5 and 11 weeks with my last two pregnancies as well. It is by far my favorite part of pregnancy, the part you never ever forget the feeling of. Anyone have a hunch about movement yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 06-28-2014, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Not yet, but how exciting! I didn't realize it was possible to feel movement that early. I'm 10w right now and thought it would be ages before I could feel anything. I'm not sure I'll recognize it when it happens since this is my first (and I seem to be having a lot of gas recently, which certainly feels like something moving, but I assume baby movement feels pretty different?).
#3 of 17 Old 06-28-2014, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Lucky! I can't wait to feel movement. I love it too.
#4 of 17 Old 06-28-2014, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

@ajoye, with my first, I cannot recall when I felt movement, but my hunch is it was after 16 weeks, when my, uterus was nice and high and baby was bigger. I am on my fourth baby now.
#5 of 17 Old 06-29-2014, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
I felt a little poke yesterday. I'm 10w5d today. I had just eaten lunch and was leaning back and there was a little poke! So exciting. I kept waiting for another one, but that was all.

I didn't feel early with my first pregnancy. But I had twins before (miscarriage at 14 weeks) and felt them at 12 weeks. So, I've been waiting and hoping to start feeling something soon.

The way it works for me is to eat something with high sugar content, like orange juice and sit back and sit real still. Maybe you'll feel them jumping around. It's so reassuring.
#6 of 17 Old 06-29-2014, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I think I have felt my baby move already too. But my mom said it must just be my bowls. I am past 10 weeks 4 days now.
#7 of 17 Old 07-01-2014, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been feeling tiny very random pokes that happen so quick I'm left thinking, "was that baby??" So nothing super certain yet. I'm 13w1d.
#8 of 17 Old 07-02-2014, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
ladyjenniferif this is your 2nd or more pregnancy I read that you can feel the baby as early as 13 weeks! So maybe it was. Yay!
#9 of 17 Old 07-02-2014, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Over the course of the week, I've been noticing quickening during the days more, here and there, often after a meal. I've begun looking forward to it. The first little communication and private space that I can share with this new baby. Every once in a while, I tell dh I'm just felt the little sweet pea move, but mostly I like keeping it to myself for now. It makes me feel a sense of peace and purpose and reminds me that all the tough feelings and exhaustion are worth it. And reminds me to keep taking good care of myself. I am happy for those beginning to feel something too!!
#10 of 17 Old 07-08-2014, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter

I just want to mention I felt the coolest, weirdest movement last night. Usually, it does feel like a little poke or blip. But, this time I felt the whole length of the baby... it felt like it did "the worm" dance move against my abdominal wall. It was fast, but was more than that flutter I am used to. I kept hoping it would happen again, but no.
#11 of 17 Old 07-12-2014, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter

Two things:

First, are some more mamas feeling anything lately?? Some of you were wondering about it over a week ago. Any news?

Second, ahhhh I'm freaking out! Please, respond if you know anything about not feeling early fetal movement any longer... so I have been feeling movement daily for two weeks, and the past three days has been a torrent of activity. But yesterday, being really busy, I brushed off the fact that I hadn't really felt the babe. After coming home for dinner, relaxing and going to bed, it hit me that I should have felt something by now. Then in the middle of the night when I usually feel a lot of movement, nothing. Zip. I then couldn't sleep trying to sense if my baby was still with me. I even considered driving to my birth center to check the heartbeat but they would probably think I am nuts.

Does this happen? Should I find a way to check? I'm nervous here. Thanks.
#12 of 17 Old 07-12-2014, 03:59 AM - Thread Starter

Two things:

First, are some more mamas feeling anything lately?? Some of you were wondering about it over a week ago. Any news?

Second, ahhhh I'm freaking out! Please, respond if you know anything about not feeling early fetal movement any longer... so I have been feeling movement daily for two weeks, and the past three days has been a torrent of activity. But yesterday, being really busy, I brushed off the fact that I hadn't really felt the babe. After coming home for dinner, relaxing and going to bed, it hit me that I should have felt something by now. Then in the middle of the night when I usually feel a lot of movement, nothing. Zip. I then couldn't sleep trying to sense if my baby was still with me. I even considered driving to my birth center to check the heartbeat but they would probably think I am nuts.

Does this happen? Should I find a way to check? I'm nervous here. Thanks.
#13 of 17 Old 07-12-2014, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
i don't think they will think you are nuts, i don't. if you have a way to check, go do it.
#14 of 17 Old 07-12-2014, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I've been feeling definite little wiggles yesterday and today, but only very sporadically. Particularly if I'm sitting kind of squished up with my knees up by my chest. As for not feeling baby today, I would guess that baby is doing some big growing, since babies in the womb seem to be less wiggly when hitting a big growth spurts. See how you feel tomorrow. Always feel free to call your care provider, but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they brushed you off a bit since most think that feeling consistent movement (or any movement) this early is not possible. So if you decide to call and want to take a listen to baby, I'd be rather insistent.
#15 of 17 Old 07-13-2014, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Awe, greenmamma, I'm so glad you can feel your babe.

I talked with some friends who told me not to worry this early. I figure that I was probably feeling SO much movement because I was SO constipated, lol. Right before I stopped feeling tons of movement, I had like three BMs, so I bet it was pushing my uterus way forward or something. I miss feeling the babe. It's been two days, although I think I felt it subtly today, twice. Oh, well. Being constipated really sucks.
#16 of 17 Old 07-16-2014, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by writermama12 View Post
I just want to mention I felt the coolest, weirdest movement last night. Usually, it does feel like a little poke or blip. But, this time I felt the whole length of the baby... it felt like it did "the worm" dance move against my abdominal wall. It was fast, but was more than that flutter I am used to. I kept hoping it would happen again, but no.
THAT IS COOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by writermama12 View Post
Awe, greenmamma, I'm so glad you can feel your babe.

I talked with some friends who told me not to worry this early. I figure that I was probably feeling SO much movement because I was SO constipated, lol. Right before I stopped feeling tons of movement, I had like three BMs, so I bet it was pushing my uterus way forward or something. I miss feeling the babe. It's been two days, although I think I felt it subtly today, twice. Oh, well. Being constipated really sucks.
I'm glad you aren't constipated anymore though LOL

I can't wait to feel movement. DS keeps putting his hands on my belly and saying "I felt the baby move!!!" It's hilarious and adorable.

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page