• 1 Post By neonalee
  • 1 Post By writermama12
  • 1 Post By writermama12

#1 of 14 Old 07-11-2014, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Yummy (Healthy) Meal Ideas/Recipes

Share your new favorites or old comforts, and don't forget snacks!

Breakfast this morning: Crêpes (for 4)

6 eggs
3 TBL Tapioca starch
1\4 cup milk
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Vanilla paste (no alcohol)

Fry thin in butter, add raw honey or nutella or berries and whipped cream.

Delish!!!
#2 of 14 Old 07-11-2014, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
um, writermama12, can I come to your house?
neonalee likes this.
#3 of 14 Old 07-11-2014, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Hahaha Invierna.

Before bed snack: 4 dates, pitted, stuffed with kerrygold butter and pistachios with a cup of raw milk. Ummmm, YUMmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Try it. Believe me.
#4 of 14 Old 07-12-2014, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I'm a little bit obsessed with anything with lemon in it at the moment. Here's a lunch I make fairly often, especially to have on hot days. It's not really a recipe because I don't measure anything, just kind of eyeball the proportions.

Quinoa Salad: cook quinoa enough for however many servings you want, and let cool or chill in the fridge. Add chopped tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives and mozzarella (I use those little balls of fresh mozzarella in brine) to the quinoa and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle lemon juice over the salad and a little bit of salt and pepper and mix again.

I used to make this with feta as the cheese (it's better that way, but it looks like I'm off feta for a while) and the kalamata olives are there to add some of that salty kick back in.
#5 of 14 Old 07-12-2014, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Ajoye, that sounds so good, I bet I'll make it tomorrow, oh yes, tomorrow.
#6 of 14 Old 07-12-2014, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I want to make a wedge salad. Someone was talking about it on a show I watched last night and I became obsessed. I was going to try some ideas from the internet to make it. Doesn't look hard. Just excluded bacon for veg me. Bacon for hubby. I was on my way out to the store but I am just too dizzy. That lemon sounds good too! Anyone have any wedge salad ideas?
#7 of 14 Old 07-13-2014, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Some of my favourites:

- greek yogurt, seasonal fruit like raspberries, chia seeds
- cottage cheese, fruit, a pinch of honey, various toppings such as apple flavoured fish oil or liquid calcium
- ryvita crackers, hummus and cheese melted on top

Breakfasts: scrambled eggs or omelettes with veggies such as spinach, peppers, green onions.. plus a bit of cheese....

one website I highly recommend you all check out to save you time, money and eat healthier:

www.onceamonthmeals.com They have tons of free meal ideas.. if you get a membership you can make a month's worth of freezer dinners, lunches and breakfasts in one day!!!! You can even mix from different menu plans..... I have been doing this periodically for years. They have menus to suit every eating style from Vegetarian, Dairy free, gluten free, paleo, baby food, toddler food..... etc. Not all meals are perfectly healthy- there are lots of high sugar cookies, cakes etc... but there are also healthier options too.
KatelynRose likes this.
#8 of 14 Old 07-16-2014, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

So I was craving pizza, so I made a pizza omlette. Over-the-top good.

Last night, the last thing I wanted was meat or fat so I made a lovely miso soup.

Miso powder or paste and water
Shredded kale
Chives, and any other fresh herbs that sound good!
Green onion
Shiitake mushrooms diced
1 package firm tofu, cubed and pre-soaked in soy sauce.

Done in like 20 minutes, start to finish.

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our fourth and final baby( It's a GIRL!!!) in January 2015.
#9 of 14 Old 07-16-2014, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by writermama12 View Post
Hahaha Invierna.

Before bed snack: 4 dates, pitted, stuffed with kerrygold butter and pistachios with a cup of raw milk. Ummmm, YUMmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Try it. Believe me.
I love this thread idea! And OMG do I love kerrygold butter (the one in the green package). I don't even like butter normally, but that stuff is so good. Totally going to try this.

My favorite quick breakfast: A piece of whole grain toast (buttered with kerrygold of course), topped with shredded cheddar (might be kerrygold? some high quality cheddar anyway), and a chopped up, soft boiled egg, and a sprinkle of Real Salt. The salt takes it to a whole new level.

I make the eggs in these. Best money ever spent on a "gadget" http://www.zappos.com/lekue-ovo-egg-cookers-red

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#10 of 14 Old 07-16-2014, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Okay I'm jealous of you ladies and your appetites! I think I had one for the first 3-4 weeks, and then even the things I thought I wanted didn't taste good. Mine is picking back up now {thank God!} and fresh veggies with ranch dip that I make with greek yogurt is my #1 snack.

I did make some zucchini bread tonight. I wish I had applesauce to use in place of the oil, and sugar in the raw. I did use some local honey in place of part of the sugar, but I love that stuff and I'm not sure when I can track down some more.

Jocelyn caffix.gif, totally in love with my hubby and best friend! nak.gifSAH Mama to one smiley baby girl 10/11/13 Artist/Writer/Farm Manager  familybed1.gif  saynovax.gif
#11 of 14 Old 07-22-2014, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Any new ideas ladies? I've recently started eating hummus w/baked pita chips as a snack to up my protein intake.

A great make-ahead meal that I ate for breakfast for a few months was Sweet Potato Hash. Here's one recipe for it, but there are plenty of variations: http://paleogrubs.com/sweet-potato-hash-recipe

We use butter instead of ghee, and I usually skip the egg because I take it to work to reheat in the micro. We also add sauteed spinach chopped small. While this isn't necessarily a quick recipe, it reheats really well.
writermama12 likes this.

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#12 of 14 Old 07-23-2014, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by writermama12 View Post
Share your new favorites or old comforts, and don't forget snacks!

Breakfast this morning: Crêpes (for 4)

6 eggs
3 TBL Tapioca starch
1\4 cup milk
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Vanilla paste (no alcohol)

Fry thin in butter, add raw honey or nutella or berries and whipped cream.

Delish!!!
This looks Yummy!!@! I haven't made crepes in years since we went gluten free....I want to make these tommorow...can I add regular organic vanilla ?
#13 of 14 Old 07-25-2014, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mylie, Sure whatever vanilla you have should work. I like paste because it is alcohol free and I hate the taste of vanilla in alcohol.

So yesterday we went blueberry picking and got the most delicious, gigantic, tart berries ever!

I made Paleo Lemon Blueberry muffins (they taste like bran muffins) The recipe isn't quite right yet so I won't post until I try again. But you can check out PaleOMG if you want a good one to try.
neonalee likes this.

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our fourth and final baby( It's a GIRL!!!) in January 2015.
#14 of 14 Old 07-25-2014, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Neonalee, that hash looks freaking awesome. Gonna try that soon!!!!
neonalee likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page