3Likes
  • 1 Post By crazyms
  • 2 Post By invierna

#1 of 13 Old 07-17-2014, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
maternity jeans

Anyone into these yet? I've been wearing skirts for the past few weeks because none of my pants are even close to fitting. I REALLY miss my gym shoes though! I bought a couple pairs of flats hoping one of them will be comfortable. I'm thinking about giving in and getting jeans, but I remember not really liking them last time.

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#2 of 13 Old 07-17-2014, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
i bought maternity shorts at about 5 weeks and i dug out my jeans last week, which i'm wearing with a belt (both the below-tummy style). it seems like i am always between sizes, and they're cut for someone shaped differently...but, ahhh, i love the elastic waist. skirts are the best though!

haven't grown out of my shoes yet, thank goodness. last time i was at the end of my pregnancy at the height of summer, and just wore flip flops until I gave birth. got a "good" pair from REI, and am in fact wearing them right now.
#3 of 13 Old 07-17-2014, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

The last 2 - 3 weeks of my previous pregnancy I wore ... men's gym shoes from Wal Mart LOL They were hideous!

#4 of 13 Old 07-17-2014, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
I always loved my maternity pants. Honestly I saw some on sale at a thrift store the other day and even though we have no baby plans I was tempted to buy them just to wear. My favorite thing with little dd though was yoga pants! Honestly yoga pants are my favorite thing anyways. I also love maxi skirts with the foldover yoga style band. I live in a maxi skirt or yoga pants almost constantly. My husband even picks on me about it that my jeans are only for town.
jen2 likes this.

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#5 of 13 Old 07-17-2014, 05:30 PM

no shame, crazyms...that's about the only time i put on a bra...
Xerxella and crazyms like this.
#6 of 13 Old 07-17-2014, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Off topic but I agree invierna. I actually moved to wearing one of those genie/ahh bra type sports bras and it's all I own right now. I have a few strapless tops with the bra shelf in them and I often wear those with another shirt over top without a bra. I hate bras as much as jeans. Anything restrictive really.

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#7 of 13 Old 07-18-2014, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

I actually spent 10 minutes yesterday trying to convince myself to wear yoga pants to work. I just couldn't do it. I don't know if it's an age thing? When I was in school you did not wear "exercise" clothes except to exercise in. Same with sleepy pants. Only to sleep in or lounge around the house. I can't get past it. Not yet anyway!

#8 of 13 Old 07-18-2014, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I went to my local Walmart to buy some maternity pants and was very surprised to find out that they don't have a maternity section. I live in a small town so that was my only option. I'm going to head to the closest city this weekend so I can get comfortable.

#9 of 13 Old 07-19-2014, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I bought one pair of maternity shorts. All of my other pregnancies have been mostly in the winter. So, I needed something. Kohls had a small section and I found something there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#10 of 13 Old 07-19-2014, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
invierna where did you get your maternity shorts. I have one pair from target and I love them. Maybe that will be enough and I will just wait to buy some pants and more winter stuff when I get bigger later. I hope. Because I don't really have that much money. I did buy a cute suit online from target. It is a purple one piece with a bow and polka dots. It kinda looks silly on me now. So so much room in it. Hehe. But I love it. Glad it fits.

Madara rest in peace9/24/2013 
#11 of 13 Old 07-20-2014, 09:46 AM

got mine at Ross...they are the Planet Maternity brand, and they are a light stretch denim that will probably be blown out by the end of summer, but that's ok! I like them because they are the long style, with rolled up cuffs just above the knees. Nothing special, but perfectly comfortable/functional.

we also have a super Goodwill where I live and a decade-long baby boom winding down, so it's pretty easy to come by good deals. I just went through my boxes last night and am happy to find that all I'm really going to need is a few sweaters and a jacket to get to January...although I'm on track to be HUGE, so I could be wrong...
#12 of 13 Old 07-20-2014, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got some from target that are actually quite comfy. I mostly wear skirts too though.

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#13 of 13 Old 07-21-2014, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

I just got target ones yesterday! They are comfy, but $35?! Ugh. I've also been checking out anything related to maternity style I can find online to liven up my wardrobe.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page