Mothering Forum banner

Huge!

873 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  invierna 
#1 ·
I've been huge this pregnancy, and as each week passes, I get more nervous that I'm too big. The last midwife appt. was at 10 weeks, and she didn't mention anything about the uterus size, but now at 13 weeks, it's right below my belly button when I lie down. My MIL says, well it's your 3rd pregnancy, and that's true, but last week I looked like 20 weeks, and now it's more like 25 weeks. I prob should just post a picture.

But here's why I'm nervous. I make large babies - DS was 11 lbs 4 oz, and DD was 9 lbs even. She was fine to push out, but he was really hard to push out. So I'm nervous that either this is another huge one, or it's more than one.

And frankly, I do feel embarrassed about looking bigger than I am. I feel like I should just be getting into maternity clothes, not having people ask the sex. Sigh. I also don't like that I feel "shame" about the size, and wish I just felt excitement and embraced it. It's a weird mood I'm in.

Can anyone else relate?

#2 ·
I can! My babies aren't that big (yours seem to be really healthy!!) but are nearly 9 pounders. This is my fourth bub and I am showing without a doubt. My friend even rubbed my belly today, lol. I would say, comparing my belly to first time mamas, I probably look 4-5 months along. But this is normal for me as my muscles are all stretched out. When people ask how far along I am, I usually make a comment like, "3 mo but it's my fourth, so you know..." Some people are shocked and some people know how it is. I try not to think about it too much. And if I'm feeling particularly sensitive, like when my MIL just asked me yesterday, I make a point to add in that I haven't gained any weight...it's all uterus.

I say let it go!!! It is such a very short while that you get to be pregnant. Pregnant bellies are beautiful and mysterious, so what if you are showing earlier than the next first/ second time mama!! We have earned our bigger bellies by having bigger families. I love it right now because I am just big enough to not look fat any more but not too big to be cumbersome! It's perfect.

Reactions: cagnew
#4 ·
I'm from the Feb 2015 DDC, but I can relate! I am almost 12 weeks, and I have been wearing maternity dresses- and looking very clearly pregnant- for a couple weeks. My uterus is a couple finger-widths below my belly button. I suppose it's just because this is #5 , but still... I keep wondering if my crummy ultrasound tech could have missed a baby or fibroids or something.

I DID decide to screw it and wear the maternity clothes. No one has asked when I am due yet, but I figure if they do, I'll just say "Not for a long time yet!" I was embarrassed about it at first, but my desire to be comfy won out and I embraced the belly. Like writermama said, it's a cute belly and not cumbersome yet (like it will be before long), so I am trying to just enjoy it.

invierna: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! For some reason that completely cracked me up!

Reactions: invierna
#6 ·
Thanks writermama and everyone else. That made me feel a lot better. I have gained actual weight with this one as well, so that could be part of it, but I do need to embrace the belly. I'm really excited that soon I'll be able to feel kicks, and I think that will help.

#7 ·
I feel really fat. I don't look like a round nice preg belly. I just look really paunchy and fat. And I have been gaining. I just try to ignore the scale for now and stay healthy eating well and exercising when I can. My mil said bloat could be contributing. But she is weight obsessed. With my daughter I didn't look pregnant pregnant till really far in. I just have a really squarish wide bump.

#8 ·
To tell you the truth, I have always gained at least 10-15 pounds by this point, but my big baby bump looks about the same now as it did last go round when I was twenty pounds lighter. The only reason I haven't gained yet I think is because I've been carrying an extra twenty for a year, lol. So, I figure I look about the same now as I usually do at this point!! I jsut put on my first tri weight a long time ago...

#9 ·
oh ladies, it's only just begun. i was in the waiting room at my clinic yesterday for over an hour, watching the pregnant ladies come and go...

so many big big bellies and some really grouchy mamas (oh, i remember being 8 months pg in july/aug...i was grouchy too)!

four months from now we will look back to now and think, "oh, I was so lithe and limber back then!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.