3Likes
  • 1 Post By 3jellybabies
  • 2 Post By OklaFarmMama

#1 of 17 Old 07-22-2014, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Weekly Chat 7/22 to 7/27

Hey Ladies, looks like we need a new thread!

I had my second prenatal today at the birth center and saw the midwife that delivered my last two babies. It was actually nice to see her as she was warm (which she characteristically is NOT) and friendly. My NT scan came back negative. Yay!!!! And my baby's been moving and kicking everyday the past week, so things look great. Strong hb, 140, yet slower than my boys, who were all in the 150-170 range. hmmm...makes me hope girl a little. My uterus has been contracting a bunch and is just below my belly button when contracted, but is like 3 fb below when normal.

I am getting really excited about the health and growth of this baby!!!

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our fourth and final baby( It's a GIRL!!!) in January 2015.
#2 of 17 Old 07-22-2014, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Did you get a pic to bring home from your NT scan? Have you been guessing the "angle of the dangle"?

Mother, wife, doula, and lactivist.
#3 of 17 Old 07-22-2014, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Oh that is exciting!

I met my midwife today. It went splendidly... other then my nervous husband making gooberish remarks while trying to be funny.
I'm having an ultrasound tomorrow so we can get a real due date - I'm still breastfeeding DD and had no warning my body was ready for round 2. I'm hoping I guessed right and it will be the end of January. Just reading the signs I should be between 14-15 weeks because my belly has popped. And like with DD in the 2nd trimester is when I really felt the need to pee... It has not even sunk in yet that tomorrow I will get a glimpse of my baby. Who I'd swear has started tickling me at night.

Jocelyn caffix.gif, totally in love with my hubby and best friend! nak.gifSAH Mama to one smiley baby girl 10/11/13 Artist/Writer/Farm Manager  familybed1.gif  saynovax.gif
#4 of 17 Old 07-23-2014, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
all's good here, just joined, even though i'm 3 months, and knew 2 months ago.
liladancing likes this.

Mellissa, married to DP , proud lesbian mama to 3 jelly babies: DD #1 (5) DD #2 (3) and DD #3 (8 mos) and ?? #4 6 mos
#5 of 17 Old 07-23-2014, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
olkafarmmamadid you just recently found out about your pregnancy? And wow with such a young one still. I commend you for still breast feeding. I can relate. My last pregnancy and this one are back to back kinda like yours my last was born 9/24. So I feel like this pregnancy and symptoms has hit me harder but I really wanted it. So it is worth it to me.
Does anyone else notice our homepage for Jan. is a huge mess? It won't even work for me. Today I have been preparing a list of questions for my 14 week appointment tomorrow. Does anyone else do this at most appointments with questions? I feel bothersome but they always answer me and don't act like it is annoying or putting them out like my last practice did. We will find out about the downs test. Which I am not too worried about. I have questions about our appointment schedule coming up because I am sort of high risk due to how my last baby died. And we will most likely induce so I have questions about the fetal lung test. Anyone here ever had one? Hopefully my husband can come with. We like to go out to this resteraunt out there and the appointment is about an hour and a half away. Like the company. Like being with my husband in general. Well here's hoping the appointment goes well.I just can't wait for our baby to be born. Although it is a long way off I am counting down the weeks. Earlist probably 37 weeks so roughly 26-28 more weeks to go! One happy little family. ❤️👪

Madara rest in peace9/24/2013 
#6 of 17 Old 07-23-2014, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
liladancing I actually found out on may 28th, my birthday I took a home test cuz I had a feeling, and I was right. Then we took a family trip the next day {pre planed} by the time I got back 3weeks later I felt like poo. So it took a bit to get DH on bored with the idea of a MW/HB and then to pick a midwife.
Breastfeeding is going really good other then my nipples seem to be getting more sore every day.

So here is what I found out today, the little squishy was measuring between 14w 2d and 14w 6d and they gave me a due date of Jan 21st, so I guessed right! I'm so glad.
liladancing and Operamama1 like this.

Jocelyn caffix.gif, totally in love with my hubby and best friend! nak.gifSAH Mama to one smiley baby girl 10/11/13 Artist/Writer/Farm Manager  familybed1.gif  saynovax.gif
#7 of 17 Old 07-23-2014, 06:42 PM

Not much going on here, just super busy at work. My maternity pillow came in. It's just like having all those other pillows on the bed but more convenient because it's 1 big one.

Gagged on my toothbrush last weekend so I now know what morning sickness feels like. Yay lol

Still not showing unless I relax my core, which I trained myself not to do long ago due to back problems. I want to wear my maternity clothes!

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#8 of 17 Old 07-23-2014, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
liladancing, it's not just you. I've been having trouble getting into our forum today. But it looks like a more widespread problem - I tried to go to the site issues forum to report it, but I can't load that one either! It keeps asking me to download a file called forum.vbs. The only way I've found into the January 2015 forum is to go to the due date clubs section and select it from there. However, if I go to the due date clubs through the forums, it doesn't work.

I'm doing pretty ok besides being a little worried about the fruit recall (which I've posted about already). I am also feeling a little annoyed because my mother-in-law posted about the pregnancy on Facebook, and we haven't announced to most people yet. Basically, it's just family who saw, but I kind of wanted my husband and I to be in control of the announcements, you know? And I didn't want it on Facebook, just in case someone says something on my wall or tags me, because I haven't said anything at work yet and I have work friends on there. So far, no problems, but I'm still not happy about it.
#9 of 17 Old 07-24-2014, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Greennmamma, Yes we got a few photos of baby pea, but no nub shot. I was sure I wasn't going to peek back then and the tech didn't even check out that area. BUT I have been trying to guess the angle of its nose! All my kids have very different noses and we think this one might look more like me than DH. It's fun to imagine what this baby will be like.

neonalee, what kind of pillow did you get? I am thinking this time I might actually try one as I never have but could have used it for sure.

Oklafarm, yay! glad you have a date now that makes sense!

Ajoye, Yup, it sucks when someone crosses boundaries, especially publicly like FB> That recently happened to me. A relative posted about me having Lyme and what treatments I was having etc...I was so violated I told her not to do that again, which she didn't like. lol

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our fourth and final baby( It's a GIRL!!!) in January 2015.
#10 of 17 Old 07-24-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajoye View Post
I am also feeling a little annoyed because my mother-in-law posted about the pregnancy on Facebook, and we haven't announced to most people yet.
That would have more than annoyed me. I would have been furious and I would have told her so. Well, I would have told her nicely & insisted the post be removed ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by writermama12 View Post
Greennmamma,

neonalee, what kind of pillow did you get? I am thinking this time I might actually try one as I never have but could have used it for sure.
This one on amazon: http://amzn.com/B00FFACNGE
The bigger size.

AFM: just experience morning sickness for the first time. At work. Yay.

#11 of 17 Old 07-25-2014, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

That pillow looks divine. Makes me want to take a nap. LOL.

Wrangling two toddlers and feeling quite pregnant has been hard on me this week, especially in the heat. I am beginning to feel like isolating and holing up at home. That probably won't solve the problem though because my kids still need to run around and be social. I think that only help will be having this baby LOL!!

I have been thinking more and more about finding out the sex. I am both beyond excited and a little hesitant. I don't WANT to feel anything but awe and adoration of the baby, but having a preference for a girl is getting in my way...I try to convince myself I don't care, but I do. I just do. I don't want to, but I really want to be done having babies and if this one is a boy (whom I will cherish and adore, of coursre) I lose the dream of have a daughter to mother. Which makes me mad because I will probably want to try again! BUT damn it I'm tired. And I don't think my family is willing to have another, patience wise and space wise...espeically DH who seems burnt out on making babies at this point. Or more acurately, burnt out on dealing with my hormones and achey body and all things pregnancy/post-partum. It does take a toll.

#12 of 17 Old 07-25-2014, 12:11 PM

@writermama12 Did you find out the sex of your other kids before birth? How did you feel when you found they were boys? I mean, of course you loved them, but how did you feel about them not being girls. I barely remember DS's birth (emergency CS under general anesthesia). I wasn't even the first or second to meet him. But I do remember the disappointment. And because I already suffer from depression I decided this time I would find out and give myself time to adjust if it wasn't a girl. I totally understand wanting that mother/daughter relationship (despite how terrible it was when I was a teen LOL).

This is such a deeply personal decision. I hope you have peace, whatever your decision.

#13 of 17 Old 07-25-2014, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Ajoye -- I would be SUPER annoyed if someone in my family announced my pregnancy before I had on fb! Wow. How frustrating

Writermama -- I have been wondering how you are doing with the lyme disease? Were you prescribed meds? Are you feeling okay?

AFM, I am feeling much better than I was in the first trimester, though still very fatigued. I am especially feeling worn out by my toddler, who is going through the 18 month regression, sleeping horribly every other night (he woke up every hour from midnight on last night, crying and wanting to nurse), and having little tantrums, which is new parental territory for me. I just don't have the patience I'd like to have, being pregnant and hormonal. I'm also just starting to feel really sick of breastfeeding and wondering how to go about weaning, which is a hard decision despite my increasing irritations...
#14 of 17 Old 07-27-2014, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Neonalee, I found our with DS1 and had no preference so I was just excited to have a baby. I didn't find out with DS2 and was hoping for a girl, but when he came out, I only had a teeny fleeting moment of readjustment/disappointment, then I was in love. Also, his was a fantastic water birth, peaceful and fast. I felt really empowered and that helped me adjust quickly to another son. I found out with DS3 because I kinda had a stronger preference for a girl as I was thinking he would probably be my last baby. Once I found out it was a third boy, I unexpectedly cried and felt a little defeated and disappointed for a day (hormones didn't help) and felt I would never have a daughter, and then bucked up and got excited about giving DS2 a little brother (they are two years apart and best friends now). By the time birth rolled around, there was NO feeling other than awe and love. And he came out a red head, which was sooooo sweet and unexpected.

Now I KNOW this one is my last baby. I have been preparing myself for this to be my last hurrah, and have tried hard to come to emotional terms with it being another boy. DH helps by telling me it is most likely a boy. That is true. It most likely IS a boy. I think I need to find out early in order to prepare myself.

We tried for a girl this time, did a bunch of dietary and lifestyle changes to sway in favor of a girl, really jsut evening out the odds since the odds in my case were more in favor of having another boy. My sway was pretty good, so that gives me some hope. But I'm trying not to have too much hope. The higher the hope, the harder you fall. And I don't want to feel bad about this baby. I am determined not to.

#15 of 17 Old 07-27-2014, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well this week I have ended up with a horrible cold. Yesterday it was so bad I could hardly stand up since my muscles were aching so bad. Needless to say it already feel like I will have a long week ahead of me. I'm hosting a baby shower for my sister in law this weekend so I'm just hoping this cold will pass quickly so I can get everything done for that!

Me 22  DH 27. First  6 May. Baby BOY due early Jan 2014 
#16 of 17 Old 07-28-2014, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
This whole pregnancy I have just wanted my baby to be born already. I know I should be patient. It is just really hard. I feel like I have been there done that. I went through over 41 weeks with my last one and she died. So I just feel like she should be here. I was elated to be pregnant again but now I just want my new baby here. I am sick of waiting. Also my husband just switched to a night shift hopefully temporary. Sucks being mostly on my own at night now. I am counting down the weeks till I have the baby. They might even induce before 37 weeks. So I figure now I have between roughly 23 to a max of 26 weeks to go now. Because there is no way we are pushing this pregnancy past 39 weeks. My husband says we should do whaf the doctors say and I agree. But I think the earlier out the better as long as baby is deemed ready. If they want to induce it before 37 weeks we will most likely have to get a fetal lung test via amniocentesis.

Madara rest in peace9/24/2013 
#17 of 17 Old 07-28-2014, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

I hear you on feeling impatient sometimes Liladancing. But why would your doctors induce before 37 weeks? That sounds pretty scary to me, as far as baby's long term health and development. I've seen some pretty negative effects of babies born early (even though they were deemed "ready" by some doctor or other, think induced twins). They are significantly delayed. How are you feeling about this recommendation?

Operamama, I am also feeling soooo sick of night breastfeeding. Ugh. My milk is super low now and DS3 wants to remain latched for like an hour at a time. He nurse from 2-6 times a night and I jsut can't stand it when I try to pop him off as I know he is just sleeping at the breast and he clenches, bites and fights me pulling away. Last night I had to stay awake for so long because he would not let me go. I was exhausted. And pissed off. I think it is time to night wean now because I don't want negative feelings about him. During the day I am fine to nurse still, even though my nipples have gotten more sore.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page