Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

Old 07-23-2014, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
How much movement is everyone feeling?

I can't seem to remember how much movement I had with my 2 living children. I think it was just so long ago, I don't remember anymore. But, it didn't seem like they moved a lot or very early?

One of my losses was monoamniotic twins. I felt them moving early and often, so I knew right away when they weren't moving anymore.

Now this pregnancy is twins again, but they're each in their own amniotic sac. And, I feel someone moving, but it feels slight. Like just a little squirming around.

As you can imagine, I worry a lot. So, I worry is it a good sign or a bad sign that I'm not feeling a lot of movement?

How much movement is everyone else feeling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2014, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
You should just get a doppler. I am going to. I feel my baby move now very rarely. And it is just slight twinges I think are the baby. I really think they are. With my last one I didn't feel her till 18 weeks I believe. Or maybe 17. Each pregnancy is different. You could be experiencing completely normal movements. .

Madara rest in peace9/24/2013 
Old 07-23-2014, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

I have a Doppler. I can hear a heartbeat that seems fine, but as I move it around, I have no idea if I'm hearing one or two heartbeats. And, I imagine there's a problem if the beans aren't moving a lot, even if their heartbeat is ok.

I guess there's nothing to really do, but wait for my next u/s in 4 weeks. I'm just wondering if what I'm feeling is "normal" or not.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I felt movement with my first around 16 weeks. And now with my 2nd I can feel those same first tickles and flutters at 14 weeks. I remember it took me a while to get her movement pattern figured out.

Jocelyn caffix.gif, totally in love with my hubby and best friend! nak.gifSAH Mama to one smiley baby girl 10/11/13 Artist/Writer/Farm Manager  familybed1.gif  saynovax.gif
Old 07-23-2014, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Nothing here yet :-( Xerxella, with your history & having twins I would expect you to be considered high risk & therefore have higher monitoring /more ultrasounds. Is that not the case?

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
Old 07-23-2014, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I haven't felt anything yet - but it's my first and I'm only 14 weeks.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

@neonalee - yes. Every 4 weeks until 20 weeks, then every 2 weeks after that. And, so far, everything has looked great. 2 weeks until my next appointment and 4 weeks until my next u/s.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Sounds completely normal to me! I feel movement, but it is very slight and mostly only when I am sitting with my knees up by my chest. And at night. I don't really feel much of anything in the daylight hours. And not every night either.

Mother, wife, doula, and lactivist.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post
@neonalee - yes. Every 4 weeks until 20 weeks, then every 2 weeks after that. And, so far, everything has looked great. 2 weeks until my next appointment and 4 weeks until my next u/s.

Ah. and fingers crossed for you!

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
Old 07-25-2014, 12:33 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am pretty sure I just felt my first movements tonight. It felt different than the uterus contractions from before, but it's such slight movement. I'm not sure, but this is my second and I've been feeling everything a lot earlier than last time so maybe it really is kicking?
Old 07-25-2014, 03:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been swiftly kicked twice this wee.

Mrsb
Old 07-25-2014, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I am at 16 weeks with my second and have felt some flutters here and there, but I can't be 100% sure it's the baby. My midwife told me with 1st babies you usually feel movement consistently around 20 weeks (which was definitely true in my case) and with 2nd babies it's around 17 weeks (though I'm sure everybody is a little different and it also depends on how many babies you've had). Could you call your doctor's office and get some reassurance? Maybe they could even schedule you a little earlier? No reason to worry for another month!
Old 07-27-2014, 12:15 AM

I thought I felt some fluttering a week ago and now I haven't been feeling much. I wonder when movement starts to be more regular. Hoping to get that doppler soon. My insurance might pay for it. My doc requested it from them. I am not too worried though cause I just had an appointment Thursday.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I am 15+4 and feel some wiggles and every now and than a kick a few times a day. But some days I'm so busy that I don't pay attention and don't notice any movement. Sometimes it's super obvious, sometimes really faint. But my uterus is nice and high!! That is so cool. I never noticed it being very high last time. Now it is about two finger breadths below my navel.

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our fourth and final baby( It's a GIRL!!!) in January 2015.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:12 PM

I have felt what I *think* is little kicks and squirms for about a week now. It's not every day and I have to really be paying attention to feel them. I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow and am REALLY looking forward to feeling some regular movements soon!

Wife to my heartbeat.gifDHheartbeat.gif since 2002, and mama to my AMAZING little girls (2/2009 & 3/2012), a sweet little angel1.gif in heaven (3/2008) and hoping for another healthybabyf.gif 1/20/2015!    
Old 07-31-2014, 05:20 PM

I haven't felt any 'definite' this is a baby movements. With my first I felt her early on, and my second a little later than my first, but I think I had felt them both for sure by now (early 15 weeks). I feel, kind of an "energy" in my uterus- when i'm laying still and trying to focus on it, maybe just swishing around movement. But nothing that says, "Hello I'm here!" I'm not in a super hurry to feel this one, because I remember all too well the swift kick in the ribs and bladder the other two gave me. Maybe this one will be calmer than them?

Mom to DD born 12/2007, DS born 2/2012 and a on the way January 2015
Old 08-01-2014, 11:41 AM

I feel my baby is on the left side. I feel little movements every now and then. We got our doppler yesterday and my mom who is a nurse had a hard time getting the baby to stay still for it but it finally worked. I think this will be tricky for My husband and I to manage.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:31 PM

I think I'm feeling baby move... Definitely in the are of my uterus, and very similar to what I thought was movement with my first baby. As someone said earlier I feel like I'm still figuring out the "patterns" of movement, but I get more convinced daily that it's what I'm feeling (I'd say I have been feeling something regularly since about 14 weeks... With my daughter I think it was about then as well)

Weaving, knitting mama of one beautiful daughter born at home,  reading.gif and yoga teacher namaste.gif planning a homebirth.jpg with our second, due mid-january. Trying to crochetsmilie.gif & sewmachine.gif & notes.gif more... We like to fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 08-07-2014, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I sure felt the baby today. We had dinner at my MIL's tonight and after driving down her rough drive way, and our rough dirt (rock) road someone was wide awake thanks to the bumpy ride, and all that good food. I'm not sure if it was flips or jumps or what.
I'm most likely to feel movement if I lay on my back shortly after a meal.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:58 PM

Great feeling the movement for everyone! I have been feeling my boy move a lot more now. It is great. And now we know for sure he is boy too.

User Tag List