Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By babycatcher12

#1 of 5 Old 07-24-2014, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Anyone else STILL not told?

After everything, DH and I aren't saying a word to anybody! I'll probably have to tell work soon. It's so obvious, it's getting silly. But, we're going to avoid family and can really control when people find out.

So, when should we tell? 20 or 24 weeks sounds good. Would you freak out if your daughter or sister didn't say anything until past the age of viability? And, we've completely decided we're not telling ANYONE it's twins. There'll be a lot of surprised people on birthday.

Is anyone else holding out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#2 of 5 Old 07-24-2014, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Would I freak out personally? Nope. Neither would my mom. But we're like that in my family What would really make my mom angry would be if my in-laws found out first. Everyone found out at the same time (xmas day) with my first and my mom wasn't exactly pleased about that either!

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#3 of 5 Old 07-24-2014, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I have only told my closest friends and family, and then only at 10-14 weeks...not facebook and not my (enormous) extended family. I'm going to see like 15 of them at our campout in two weeks, so I probably will announce to the group pretty soon..."who's ready for a new cousin?"

But the rest of FB? I just don't feel like sharing. Maybe I'll change my mind later.

My mom would have been mad if she'd been the last to know, but she wasn't so we're good. I wouldn't personally be mad if I wasn't in the loop, either...I would totally understand your position.
#4 of 5 Old 07-27-2014, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We've told our parents (the response from his folks was less than stellar) and my brother and sister in law. Otherwise we haven't said a word to anyone. I haven't told work yet. With this being our 10th pregnancy (and Lord willing our 6th baby) I just don't feel like having to defend our having another baby. We are very excited about a new baby, but I'm pretty apathetic about telling others. I just don't want to deal with all the negativity.
Xerxella likes this.

Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

#5 of 5 Old 07-28-2014, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I can totally understand why you ladies wouldn't want to tell anyone.
Everyone knows with us, its even fully public on facebook now. My brother and sister in-law didn't tell anyone until she was about 20 weeks along, although some of us had already guessed because she was showing and far too active to just have a pudgy gut. They didn't think she was that far along tho, boy did she get a surprise when she finally had an ultrasound.
What we have not told most people is that this time we are doing a home birth. Just not ready to hear their crazy opinions yet.

Jocelyn caffix.gif, totally in love with my hubby and best friend! nak.gifSAH Mama to one smiley baby girl 10/11/13 Artist/Writer/Farm Manager  familybed1.gif  saynovax.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page