• 1 Post By Operamama1
  • 1 Post By writermama12
  • 1 Post By ajoye

#1 of 22 Old 08-05-2014, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Weekly Chat 8/5-8/10

Hey Ladies, Weeks are moving by kind of fast for me. I wish I could slow things down a little as the school year is quickly approaching and my family's whole world shifts late August.

I just signed my 3 yo up for a once a week natural learning class (cooking/painting) so that feels good but I don't know how it will be come January or Feb when I'm either VERY pregnant getting two toddlers in and out of the car with ice and snow OR getting two toddlers and a newborn in and out of the car with ice and snow!!! LOL. The image of life this winter is daunting for me. No family nearby to help. I will just have to survive it and never do it again.

Another thing: night weaning. Ugh. My 16 mo has been adjusting for a week now and we still have been getting fractured sleep. He still wakes a pitches a screaming fit every night, but now it only lasts 10 minutes vs. and hour. But it still wakes us all up and my 3 yo can't go back to sleep afterward so he plays until midnight...we are soooooo tired. We are suppose dto go camping with two families today but I don't know if I can do it with this weaning screamer. It is sad. WE packed and everything and were really looking forward to it...

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our fourth and final baby( It's a GIRL!!!) in January 2015.
#2 of 22 Old 08-05-2014, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I had something all typed up and it glitched out on me...grrr

writermama I hope you and your little ones fall into a nice routine so that most days go smoothly for you.
And that would be hard...I'm really hoping DD will self wean shortly before or after baby#2 is born, but I'm not banking on it.

DF's baby gets to go home today! Nursing went really well all yesterday and last night, and her heart rate/breathing has been normal. I guess it was just one nurse that was really interfering in the NICU, all the others have let both parents be very hands on.
I held the baby for a while yesterday, it was wonderful. I almost teared up at the thought of holding my next one in January. In the past I didn't feel very comfortable holding other peoples newborns, but maybe that is because there was also a room full of people to share the baby with. No matter the why I'm already totally in love with this little girl.

My friends birth experience has effected me. Even though she says she would do it the same way again {and yes she still wants to have more} it made me very thankful homebirth is an option I've already chosen. I'm just talking about the labor/birth part, just to be clear.
And I am even more disturbed by epidurals then I was before...and I think I'll leave it at that.

I want to add I realize homebirth is not for everyone, but it sure is a comfort to me.
And I've been feeling pretty good. I've been active, eating good, and enjoying my family and slowly growing belly.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Jocelyn caffix.gif, totally in love with my hubby and best friend! nak.gifSAH Mama to one smiley baby girl 10/11/13 Artist/Writer/Farm Manager  familybed1.gif  saynovax.gif
#3 of 22 Old 08-05-2014, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I had a dream the other day that I had triplet girls. They were pretty small but healthy. I was happy. If that really happened I would be really surprised. I would probably have to quit working.
oklafArmmamma I am glad your friend and baby are doing well. Good news. I am really curios about what you are hinting at as far as epidurals and her birth experience. Please share. We don't judge.

Madara rest in peace9/24/2013 
#4 of 22 Old 08-05-2014, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good to hear from everyone! I was out for a bit of a hiatus with a camp I was working.

But I'm back! And we decided to homeschool for the first time this year, so I started that on Monday! I'm so excited about it (and so is my son), but it definitely will be a new adventure this year.

Oddly, I also started experiencing nausea again, especially in the evenings. Led to throwing up after teeth brushing this week. (I should make up an acronym for that, as it's been a big cause this pregnancy - TUATB?)

Anyways, good luck on that nightweaning writermama! And good to hear from the rest of you!

Me (30) and DH (30), DS (7/1/08), DD (12/1/11) and finally expecting a new little one end of Jan/early Feb 2015!  
#5 of 22 Old 08-05-2014, 11:26 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Got a lot on my mind but wanted to let you all know I'm reading & thinking of all of you. Things are a little better in our family, we are taking it a day at a time. I'm only awake right now because I too am nauseous.

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#6 of 22 Old 08-05-2014, 11:27 PM

Oh, and felt the first definite kick this afternoon!
liladancing likes this.

#7 of 22 Old 08-06-2014, 12:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Glad i'm not the only one who has started experiencing nausea. It's so annoying. First I thought it was just the flu, then maybe it was just brushing teeth (I avoid that like anything after eating now) Then I thought maybe it was just cheerios, but nope, seems to be everything! grr here I thought I'd get out of it. Oh well, now I've just got to find a way to choke down food in the mornings. It's only between 8:30-11am so just have to eat before or after, lol!

Me 22  DH 27. First  6 May. Baby BOY due early Jan 2014 
#8 of 22 Old 08-06-2014, 03:52 PM

liladancing wow I bet that was quite the dream. I think I'll make a post about the epidural thing.

musicmama08 I loved being homeschooled. I'm personally a fan of the "unschooler" approach, but I believe there is no wrong way to do it.

Tooth paste would make me throw up during my first pregnancy, so I started using a home made mix of backing soda, coconut oil, and a few drops of peppermint extract, it was a bit rough on the inside of my mouth but I liked it. Recently I started using a soda free powder I bought off of etsy. It's not as refreshing, but I can use it even on days my tummy is not happy.

Today I am so tired. I woke up wanting a nap. So I took one, and I still didn't want to get up. DD is having a sleepy day too. I think all the extra running around we have been doing caught up with us.
DH and I did a bit of laundry together and started planning DD's first birthday. Looks like we will have a cookout with butterfly themed decorations, and I'll be making the cake and her birthday out fit
liladancing likes this.

Jocelyn caffix.gif, totally in love with my hubby and best friend! nak.gifSAH Mama to one smiley baby girl 10/11/13 Artist/Writer/Farm Manager  familybed1.gif  saynovax.gif
#9 of 22 Old 08-06-2014, 09:20 PM

Super tired today from lack of sleep last night & dealing with DS mega tantrums. No more kicks yet.

Just got a box of maternity clothes from my sis (some that she had borrowed from me). She also sent back all the cloth diapers I loaned & bought her (she ended up using disposals), and a bunch of baby girl clothes. That's the one thing I'm really not looking forward to. Why is everything pink!?

Got the best Craigslist deal the other day. For $50: a jumperoo, a bumbo chair, a push walker, a play mat with hanging toys, & a travel swing ! Oh, and a bouncy chair! It's all in great shape. And I'm going back this weekend to check out her maternity clothes & her daughters outgrown clothes!

No nausea today but unfortunately I've learned that means nothing for the future.

#10 of 22 Old 08-07-2014, 07:07 PM

I feel lucky I already have most baby things we will need. But lately I have been feeling really down. It started yesterday I watched movies. Breaking Dawn Part 2. I called in sick to work because the night before I really couldn't sleep. Things are hard for us lately. Money is really tight. We are both trying really hard though. I just feel like a looser lately though. Just been watching a lot of tv and being really lazy. I just keep getting weepy. And another thing I used to be able to take naps and the last two days I have been trying and nothing. It is just a serious waste of time just laying there. Okay rant over. Sorry.

#11 of 22 Old 08-07-2014, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Writermama - I hope the night weaning gets better soon! My little guy was actually sleeping through the night for the first time ever recently, and then the last two nights he's wanted to nurse every couple hours. It is so rough. We are going on vacation next week and when we get back I am thinking about trying to wean him altogether. I feel a little sad and guilty about this, but nursing is becoming so uncomfortable to me. I am still hoping he'll self-wean, but I don't know if I can count on it.

So sorry to hear some of you are experiencing nausea now. My nausea was awful the first trimester, but it seems to have really settled down for now (hallelujah!). Hope you all feel better asap!

OklaFarmMama - so glad to hear your friend and her baby are doing better and able to go home! That's great!

Liladancing - I feel that way sometimes too. I am so sensitive these days. I also can't handle any sad stories re: children whatsoever. Anyways, you aren't a loser, you are growing a baby and it is hard work! Be good to yourself, do something nice for yourself every day even if it's small.

AFM - I've been working on some freelance projects for my old employer, which makes it hard to find any time to rest. But it also feels good to do something with my brain other than play legos and read Curious George with my toddler We are going on vacation next week and I'm nervous about travelling with the toddler. It will be good to see family and friends, though, and do some fun stuff as a family.
liladancing likes this.
#12 of 22 Old 08-08-2014, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

NAUSEA! yes, I've still got it too..less than before but everyday between breakfast and lunch it hits. Blech!

Opermama, We jssut got back form traveling with two toddlers. 6 hours car ride each way. My 3yo was GREAT but the 16 mo was miserable and made everyone else miserable with him. This kid has lungs like no one else I've ever known. LOL. Good luck. The travel bit will be over before you know it and you might surprised at how *easy* it was most of the time.

Lila, Sometimes, our bodies just need a break. I understand feeling unproductive but also feeling too tired and lazy to do anything about it. It happens in waves for me...like two days of supermom, super cleaner/organizer, and three days of internet browsing on my arse, dishes piling in the sink, and ordering a pizza. I try to forgive myself.

SOOOoooooo, camping mostly sucked for me. But my kids had a good time. The youngest woke every 20 minutes the first night wailing to nurse and because there were so many families around us I couldn't just let him calm himself down so I nursed him, which led to terrible repercussions: he wouldn't let me unlatch and sleep. Once I gave him the nipple, he wanted it all night long. Lots of screaming. So my DH took him on a drive and let him sleep in the car two nights. Which meant that we got only a few hours of sleep. One night my DH didn't sleep at all, and we had a long hike to do the next day. I was so exhausted that I had an emotional meltdown just like a toddler in front of all my friends. Camping and hiking in a very crowded place isn't good for a pregnant woman. I had to pee every 30 minutes. There was no where private to pee. I cried like a baby because I thought I'd pee my pants on the hike. It was miserable. I lost my 16 mo when I was trying to cook and he wandered away in the campsite. A ranger found him far away. I didn't even know he was missing. Then my 3 yo ran away to hide when he didn't want to eat what I'd cooked. I've never lost a kid in my life. That is how tired DH and I were. Freaked me out!!!

Last night, I had restart the whole night weaning process again. 1.5 hours of "on the brink of death" screaming. Yes, but he did finally go snuggle up to me a fall asleep. And he woke very cherry and happily nursed in the morning. So I know this will not kill him even though he tries to convince me of that at night. Poor thing.

Besides all that, I am terribly constipated. I always am a little constipated but now I haven't gone in two days. I ate a bunch of beets like a week ago that hasn't come out yet. That is pretty bad. I take stool softeners, magnesium, and probiotics daily. I'm increasing my kombucha and yogurt daily. But still things are painful. I don't know what the hell else to do. I'm going to see a naturopath for the first time on Monday. She is wicked expensive and I'm hoping hoping hoping she can help me.

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our fourth and final baby( It's a GIRL!!!) in January 2015.
#13 of 22 Old 08-08-2014, 12:54 PM

Now this really sucks. Tonight we are supposed to have our 4d gender peak. It is really exciting. But my mother in law is fighting with me and just plain refuses to go now. Someone from the family just randomly texted me today that oh you're going to find out today right? When I told my mother in law that I didn't want to share with the whole world once we found out. I called her on this how she shared and now she doesn't want to go. This is really upsetting to both my husband andI. I tried calling her. So I texted her. This is so petty really I feel on her part. She told my husband that I am so controlling. God. It's our baby! This is not just going to end here and I know it. I am sick of her doing stuff like this. It is not the first time. She has done way worse to me in the past. But I try to just keep the peace. So pointless I guess she is always going to stir up some shit. Also she was going to pay for tonight and now she is not wanting to go. Not sure if I can do anything about this.

#14 of 22 Old 08-08-2014, 07:29 PM

Ugh. We are all having a rough time of it lately aren't we?! 2 quick comments (I hate being mobile). For constipation have you tried coffee? Kalamata olives? Dried apricot? Those are my go to & coffee usually does it. I drink a cup about twice a week for exactly this reason (I don't miss coffee at all, oh no. Ha, I wish).

Liladancing, DH hasn't worked since February so I hear ya on finances. Luckily I have a decent job & school is already saved for DS so we are ok for now. Hopefully DH business brings in $ soon. As for the emotional stuff, don't watch or listen to the news or drama movies. I have anxiety that will keep me up like that if I get a thought in my head so I avoid it. My boss will even tell me if something happened so I can avoid face book for a week. What WM said is right on. Also I suggest that instead of the couch you sit on the floor sometimes. Once you are sitting there do some simple stretches. Sometimes at night I sit in bed & think about how tired I am. But even in bed /on couch you can gently stretch a arms overhead & also gently twist your spine. These are small things so it's a little easier to get yourself to do them & they are still very good for your body.

And if I were you I would just ignore your MIL. i don't think I'd want her to know gender if you don't want everyone else to know. And of someone asks just tell them you've chosen not to share at this time. It IS your baby & you have every right to be in control of the situation. I'm sorry if you don't get to find out now though :-(

#15 of 22 Old 08-08-2014, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
For constipation I've heard prune juice works well.

Me 22  DH 27. First  6 May. Baby BOY due early Jan 2014 
#16 of 22 Old 08-08-2014, 09:38 PM

Yeah hopefully the prude juice will help. Thanks for the advice. It was a really emotional day. After I posted this my husband got really upset with me about how his mother felt.

But great news. I was right! It's a boy. Everything came together. My mil was there. I just apologized. And it is really hard for anyone except me I guess to keep it a secret. My husband has already told a bunch of people. So what is the point. Oh well.

#17 of 22 Old 08-09-2014, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats on your BOY Lila!!
liladancing likes this.

#18 of 22 Old 08-09-2014, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Congrats liladancing! I'm sorry no one's respecting your wishes about keeping the gender a secret. We're trying to keep it a secret too - luckily my husband is completely on board that if we tell his mother it won't be a secret anymore (especially after she shared on Facebook that we were expecting before we had told most people). It is difficult sometimes! People keep asking if we are finding out the gender and I hate lying, but I've started not saying yes or no but saying "it's going to be a surprise" so they can assume that includes being a surprise for us, when I really mean we're just not telling. I did slip up and say "he" the other day but I don't think anyone noticed.
liladancing likes this.
#19 of 22 Old 08-09-2014, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

BTW, great thread on constipation in the Feb DDC for anyone who needs it!

#20 of 22 Old 08-09-2014, 05:28 PM

liladancing how wonderful! Congratulations sorry about the whole MIL thing, and I get how you have been feeling. I felt like that a lot for the first trimester. But most importantly, congratulations! It's worth saying twice.

And I totally sympathize for those traveling with little ones. The day after I found out I was pregnant I drove with some of my family to CA, stayed 3 weeks, and drove back. DD would not fall asleep in the car (she loves to now tho :/ ) It was the longest trip of my life, topped with nausea. But it was wonderful to spend those 3 weeks with my relatives. And if I had to do it over I know I would.

Nothing new here really, other then feeling more movement more often.
#21 of 22 Old 08-09-2014, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Not a lot going on around here baby-wise, but I wanted to share that I've been accepted into the Bachelors of Midwifery program at the school I applied for back in May! Woohoo!! And I find out by the end of this coming week if I passed my classes this semester and am an official degree holding woman!

Mother, wife, doula, and lactivist.
#22 of 22 Old 08-11-2014, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

OklaFArm, Yay for more movement!!

Greenmamma, Huge congrats on your new program, that's awesome and I will be waiting for the news about your first degree. Go, you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page