Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By OklaFarmMama

#1 of 15 Old 08-06-2014, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Who is exercising?

I've convinced myself (with some evidence) that my CS was due to inactivity. DS wasn't positioned right so no pressure to dilate. Going for a VBAC, so I'm going to make sure that reason at least doesn't happen again.

After a long day at work & then dealing with my family I don't have much energy left, but I'm trying to do some squats every night & a bit of stretching yoga. I've done squats waiting for the last couple minutes of the wash machine & while brushing teeth. And anyone I'm washing hands at home I do so in a semi squat position (but not at work, that would be too weird I think).

Average temps here now are over 100 so not walking a whole lot, but that will change in another month.

I also have some other you tube & amazon prime videos bookmarked, as well as an inexpensive subscription site focused on prenatal.

Anyone else?

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#2 of 15 Old 08-07-2014, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My goal is to workout 4 times a week, that has not happened yet.
My inlaws just down the road have a pool and I love to swim but don't feel like taking my 9 mo by my self...and it's too hot for walks outside here too, plus this year has been really bad for bugs and snakes.

If I walked enough to feel tired, I count that tho. So pacing around the airport Tuesday night with my mom while we waited for my dad's flight to get in was exercise it mite have been a mile.

I love prenatal yoga. I got the book pregnancy health yoga by Tara Lee during my first pregnancy. Typically I can do it without feeling tired even after doing strength and stamina poses, but not for the past two weeks, I go back down to child's pose a LOT. Breathlessness is becoming an issue.
I do try to do some deep breathing, side stretches, pelvic floor, and the cat/cow poses often because they make me feel better.
The book came with a sample DVD, but if like to order the full one from her web site.

I had also found some good videos on YouTube last time. I think they where 10 minutes long and targeted for each trimester. If I can find them I'll share the links.
#3 of 15 Old 08-07-2014, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I do classes at LA fitness. It's only $10 a month extra for childcare for my son, so well worth it. Boot Camp on Mondays and Body Works (light weights and strength exercises) on Thursday. Sometimes I do Step Class or Pilates, and I've been going on hikes and walks this summer as well, but yes, it's hot outside! I also have a prenatal pilates DVD and the birth center I'll deliver at has a free Prenatal Yoga class I'm going to start taking.

My goal is to stay active this whole pregnancy, but it does get hard near the end. I had a vaginal birth with my son, so who knows if exercising helped. I'm sure it did. I did do Zumba 5 days before I went into labor with my first, so it's possible to stay active until the very end Good luck!
#4 of 15 Old 08-09-2014, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I do Crossfit when I have the energy to get there... I have given my notice to the box though so I will be done with that at the end of the month. I also have a membership at the Y and will be going there and lifting primarily until sometime in the fall when I presume I will need to switch to more cardio only activities and water aerobic type classes.

This is my 3rd pregnancy and the first time that I have made a dedicated effort to stay active. I want to feel better and put on less weight this time. I want to have an easier labor and better recovery. I feel so much better when I work out, it is just hard to drag myself off the couch in order to do it.
#5 of 15 Old 08-12-2014, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

A friend just gave me a prenatal yoga DVD she's not using anymore. But the only DVD player is on the computer in DHs office so I need to get him to put it on the home network so I can watch it on the laptop in the privacy of my bedroom.

My energy is coming back so right now I'm focusing on getting more walking in. I have a fitbit & was over 7k steps daily before pregnancy. Now I'm ecstatic to go over 4k LOL My goal this week is 5k, then 6k, then 7. Hiking should start up in a couple more weeks also.

#6 of 15 Old 08-12-2014, 01:51 PM

neonalee it's nice to get that energy back isn't it? Hiking sounds so fun.
I did a good 45 minutes of yoga today. Including some of the strength and stamina ones. I'd been too tired to push my self past the stretch and flexing points until today. So I'm pretty please with my self. I did it all out of the book too.

fiannas I'm with you, I'm looking forward to a better recovery. Mine seemed to take forever. I was so sore, and weak for the longest time.
I also plan to be as active as I can during labor. I was to feel strong and capable.
fiannas likes this.
#7 of 15 Old 08-12-2014, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I did bellydance and step aerobics/hand weights before my second pregnancy. This time I've been doing step aerobics/hand weights, spinning, and now we've moved on to the eliptical trainer. I like to work out hard, but I didn't want to overdo it. With my second pregnancy I had really bad shortness of breath, so I couldn't do as much as I wanted to. This time, I don't have shortness of breath, thank goodness, so I've been hitting the cardio pretty well and getting some good stretching. Birth is for sure an aerobic activity. I did pushups for a while last time while in labor, and I hadn't really prepared for that, so I've been trying to get ready for that again just in case.
#8 of 15 Old 08-16-2014, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

I got past 7k steps yesterday! And it seemed so easy lol I do struggle with shortness of breath. I wonder if short easy sessions on the elliptical would help with that? I should give it a try. I really want to start up hand weights to & get my arms ready for carrying this LO. We got a huge full-color book in the mail yesterday from Lifetime gym. They are opening a new one near me & membership includes 3 hours of kid care /classes daily. I so wish we could afford something like that! It would be so much easier if DS was nagging me to go lol

#9 of 15 Old 08-17-2014, 06:38 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Before I become pregnant DH and I used to go on runs a lot together. I also used to kick box and do yoga. Now I'm just doing prenatal yoga as well as some pregnancy work out DVDs. My friend worked out her entire pregnancy with her second (and not at all with her first) and she said the difference between the births was incredible. Thinking about that is definitely some of my motivation to keep up with the exercises.
#10 of 15 Old 08-22-2014, 07:28 AM

I always thought I would workout throughout my entire pregnancy. But at the start of the second month, just after I got my positive test I was hit by a wall of exhaustion. Before I became pregnant I did Insanity, yoga, running, and T25. I've barely been able to do more then go on a few walks since. (I did spend most of my first trimester travelling and biked a little (in Santa Barbara) but walked a lot (all around Paris and Heidelberg). Now at 17-18 weeks I'm just starting to get back into the exercise videos, I've been modifying but following some of the Brazilian Butt Lift videos (great for the thighs with lots of squats) and one of the T25 videos (total body). I'm not running or jumping on the spot or doing anything crazy like plank-walks. But I am moving, so I feel good about that. Hopefully, I can keep up the exercise for the rest of my pregnancy. The videos are only 25-30 mins long, so it's not too much of a time investment either.
#11 of 15 Old 08-22-2014, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
i am just starting to feel ready to get back to exercising... i've spent the last few months either barfing or exhausted, or both, LOL. so for now, i'm just walking. i have a FitBit, and i'm trying to get my 10, 000 steps a day, depending on how energetic i'm feeling. once the kids are back in school, i'll have more time during the day (and less mess to pick up!) to exercise. i'd like to gain as little as possible during this pregnancy.. i'm already overweight as is, and i don't want to add too much for that... only as much as is needed for a healthy little babykins of course!

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
#12 of 15 Old 08-22-2014, 11:09 AM

Every little bit counts! Keep going ladies

I've done a yoga routine two days in a row now. Fixing to be three as soon as I post this. I just did some light stuff the past two days, maybe only 15-20 minutes long. But today I'm looking to do something a little more intense.
#13 of 15 Old 08-26-2014, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I went on a jog (a really, really slow one) yesterday after a couple of weeks off (well, I did walks but no running) and it was really weird! My brother's friend kept running until something like a month before delivery, but I'm thinking I'm not going to be able to keep it up. I'm wondering if there are special maternity running shorts with extra belly support or something.

I did sign up for a prenatal yoga class, but it doesn't start until late September.
#14 of 15 Old 08-27-2014, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Our office gym finally opened!! Yesterday I did 20 minutes walking on the treadmill & that allowed me to get my full 7k steps in for the day. Planning to do the same today. I really should've figured out before now WHAT I'm going to wear though! There is also one of the leg press machines (as well as other equipment) so that'll be great for the squat muscles!

#15 of 15 Old 08-28-2014, 09:55 AM

i am just starting to feel ready to get back to exercising... i've spent the last few months either barfing or exhausted, or both, LOL. so for now, i'm just walking. i have a FitBit, and i'm trying to get my 10, 000 steps a day, depending on how energetic i'm feeling. once the kids are back in school, i'll have more time during the day (and less mess to pick up!) to exercise. i'd like to gain as little as possible during this pregnancy.. i'm already overweight as is, and i don't want to add too much for that... only as much as is needed for a healthy little babykins of course!

Your allergy journey starts here. It's your step-by-step guide of what to expect when you live with allergies

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page