Babywearing Talk - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-22-2014, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Babywearing Talk

So if you haven't joined "Babywering on a Budget" on FB you may want to. (Although I think for used wraps and things many are overpriced...but whatever)

So I am an Ergo and Mei Tai loving mama. I converted to LOVING the moby during the NB and early infant phase last baby, but those aren't practical when out of the house because I cannot keep the long ends from dragging on the ground while wrapping...

I also began using a thick womven and learning some back carries that I was just getting the hang of but my woven was too short for many of them and I gave up.

And I inherited my first ring sling, a grapy thin one my friend gave me, but it can be handy in a pinch and is easy to stuff in a bag.

I am thinking of buying a thinner and longer woven wrap but before I do, I wanted to hear from others about which are your favorites and why...is a long wrap really so great? Why?

What other carriers have you found are just awesome?

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our fourth and final baby( It's a GIRL!!!) in January 2015.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 08-22-2014, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Long before I became pregnant I stumbled across the Sukura Bloom Wrap and fell in love. It's pretty pricy, but so beautiful and after reading every review and blog I could find on it, I realized that it was a favorite for most who own it. My mother-in-law (who is a lactation consultant) loves it too and has agreed to buy it for me. When my good friend became pregnant with her first, I gave her the moby wrap and since her little one will be over a year, she's going to lend it to me (along with her infant car seat and co-sleeper and will give me her 0-12 month clothes if I have a girl as well!!) She also bought the ergo to go hiking with, I tried it on with her cutie-pie and fell in love with it as well. So if no one buys it for me, then I'll purchase it myself for when my little one gets a little bigger. I've seen some beautiful woven wraps out there as well, but my husband might flip if I try to accumulate more then 3 types of carriers.
#3 of 7 Old 08-22-2014, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I have an ergo now. That is all. But I either need an extender for it or a bigger one for my husband to carry baby in.

Madara rest in peace9/24/2013 
#4 of 7 Old 08-22-2014, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Charlett4, I can't open your link!! but I am curious so i'll google it.

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our fourth and final baby( It's a GIRL!!!) in January 2015.
#5 of 7 Old 08-22-2014, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I'm pretty sure I should invest in a nice woven wrap so I can pack some kidos around on my back...I'm sure I would have already used one a lot around the house.

I used some stretchy wraps a cousin gave me when DD was a newborn. And used them a lot. Then I bought two ring slings, first one then the other. One is brushed cotton (very cozy) and then I got one made out of doubled cotton gauze, it's nice and light. I love how easy they are to use when we are running around town. DH even wore DD onec while shopping.

I have to admit I'm a bit intimidated by the back carries. I guess because I can't see back there. I'll be trying things will a baby doll first for sure.
#6 of 7 Old 08-22-2014, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love to babywear! I've started our local group and have been working on getting certified through BWI as an educator. I love a ring sling for the newborn phase. They are quick to use out and about and of course at the house too. I've tried wrapping quite a bit with a woven and it always gets me super frustrated. By the time I have the child wrapped I'm a hot mess and mad about the whole thing. Then I don't find a wrap very comfy when doing back carries anyways. But, all that is just my personal preference. I LOVE LOVE LOVE soft structured carriers. My very favorite is the Kinderpack, but they are getting pricey to get ahold of. They offer an infant adjustable size and different lengths of shoulder straps for ultimate comfort for any wearer. When/if you get a little deeper into carriers you can find some very comfy and beautiful wrap conversion SSCs like Two Mommas Designs, Bamberoo, Madame Goo Goo and more.

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#7 of 7 Old 08-27-2014, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I wanted badly to wear DS but anytime he went in the carrier he wanted to nurse immediately! Always! DH wore him more often than I did. My sis is currently borrowing our Ergo. I bought her a Moby & a used ring sling so I'll borrow those. I also have 3 of the woven wraps in different lengths. I used them to back carry DS when hiking a few times but he was getting older & I was out of shape.

I'm looking forward to checking out our local group when I'm on maternity leave so I can really learn to do it right this time!

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page