anyone use ACV? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

#1 of 10 Old 09-03-2014, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
anyone use ACV?

I had a bout of insomnia recently & a coworker suggested 2 T ACV + 1 T honey in warm water. Well, I don't really like ACV much, so I switched the measurements (and I don't really measure it honestly) and tried it. AND IT WORKED!!

AND... I noticed a couple days ago, it might be working for heartburn too!

We have the plain kind, not the Braggs, because that's what we use in some recipes. But it's still working. I didn't find any credible warnings about consuming it during pregnancy. Standard warnings about unpasteurized Braggs of course (I have no opinion about pasteurized vs not).

Anyone else?

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 09-03-2014, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Is ACV apple cider vinegar? My midwife said I could take it for heartburn. Never thought about it for insomnia. I'll def keep that in mind.

I have been using it to rinse my hair in place of conditioner, it's awesome for that. And as of recently to wash down there to keep the PH levels good, and the itching away. The things those hormones do.
#3 of 10 Old 09-04-2014, 06:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I use acv in warm water with lemon and ginger every am ( I do use the braggs unpasteurized raw) Great for heartburn and just clearing out your system in the am at night for sleeping I take natural calm magnesium in either a glass of warm water or put it in my pregnancy tea (with nettle, raspberry leaf...) helps me to get a more restful sleep.
#4 of 10 Old 09-04-2014, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklaFarmMama View Post
Is ACV apple cider vinegar? My midwife said I could take it for heartburn. Never thought about it for insomnia. I'll def keep that in mind.

I have been using it to rinse my hair in place of conditioner, it's awesome for that. And as of recently to wash down there to keep the PH levels good, and the itching away. The things those hormones do.
Yep! I was discussing the heartburn thing last night with DH. He said he'd heard the same & couldn't understand it. I said, ok, but it seems to be working (I also get heartburn most nights).

We used to use it for DS's hair. It's very fine & dreds up really easily. Will probably have to start up again in the winter.

Now that I haven't heard of, but might need to try it! Hormones indeed.

#5 of 10 Old 09-04-2014, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaHill View Post
I use acv in warm water with lemon and ginger every am ( I do use the braggs unpasteurized raw) Great for heartburn and just clearing out your system in the am at night for sleeping I take natural calm magnesium in either a glass of warm water or put it in my pregnancy tea (with nettle, raspberry leaf...) helps me to get a more restful sleep.
How do you make it with lemon & ginger? Squeeze a fresh lemon? Does it taste good? I like to try for at least a glass of water every morning before I leave for work. I frequently forget to drink water until lunchtime.

#6 of 10 Old 09-08-2014, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Off to replenish my Bragg's supply! Itchy, sleepless and heartburn-y over here, sometimes all at the same time!
#7 of 10 Old 09-08-2014, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I use it (when I remember to) for indigestion. I've actually startd enjoying the taste this pregnancy, even craving it.

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#8 of 10 Old 09-09-2014, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonalee View Post
How do you make it with lemon & ginger? Squeeze a fresh lemon? Does it taste good? I like to try for at least a glass of water every morning before I leave for work. I frequently forget to drink water until lunchtime.
I just warm water in my tea pot, squeeze a whole lemon (and if it's organic throw the rind in the jar too), slice a knuckle of ginger and pour in about a table spoon of ACV in a big mason jar then fill it with water- I make myself drink the whole thing before I have a cup of coffee. I really do like the taste of it and wake up craving it! Sometime in the fall/winter I will add some local honey which makes it sweeter
#9 of 10 Old 09-09-2014, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaHill View Post
I just warm water in my tea pot, squeeze a whole lemon (and if it's organic throw the rind in the jar too), slice a knuckle of ginger and pour in about a table spoon of ACV in a big mason jar then fill it with water- I make myself drink the whole thing before I have a cup of coffee. I really do like the taste of it and wake up craving it! Sometime in the fall/winter I will add some local honey which makes it sweeter
That sounds great! Thank you!

#10 of 10 Old 09-23-2014, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I love all these ACV ideas!
12 y/o dd has been asking for a vinegar hair rinse once a week or so, it makes her hair shiny and easy to brush.

User Tag List