Mothering Forum banner

November Chat

2K views 58 replies 12 participants last post by  liladancing 
#1 ·
It's November! Did everyone have a great Halloween? Did you dress up? Any pictures to share?

Yesterday we celebrated my oldest son's 10th birthday. I'm so thankful for my sweet boy. He brings such a loving, quirky spirit to our home and is an incredible big brother to each of his siblings. I'm so thankful that he chose me to be his mother. :)

Anyone starting to think about Thanksgiving plans?

#2 ·
Hi all! Halloween was great, but snowy here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Here is my photo preggy tummy.jpg

Had my glucose test today, seems an antiquated thing to do, drinking glucola. I skipped it with my last baby (age 8 tomorrow) and completed it by eating a banana with my middle child (age 10).

Baby feels like a gymnast these days!

Attachments

#3 ·
I dressed up DD like a lady bug, and I actually put makeup on. Lol. My mom came over (my dad was out of town) and we went and saw my in-laws, who are devorced but both live less then a mild apart. It was fun. DHs sister was there too with her daughter. Then we went to Denny's for dinner. I was dragging when we got home.

DD has been biting me while she is nursing. The little stinker does in on purpose. She gets this little smirk right before she does a little test nip. Normally I catch her before hand and tell her no. If she try's it again I put her down. It hadn't been much of an issue, but now she is teething again. She is even chewing on some of her toys she never puts in her mouth. Other then being clingy, and sometimes crying and pushing on her gums she is acting like her normal self.

I dug into my diaper stash last night and realized I have less for a newborn then I thought. I've got 5 pockets that go down really small and trim if you stuff them right. 2 AI2 nbs. 3 smaller prefolds, 4 wool sleep sacks, 12 gerber prefolds (they fold down without too much bulk) and 5 or 6 tee shirt diapers done up like prefolds you can stuff.
I'm going to get some PUL covers, and nb prefolds, probably 2 dozen. I mite ask one of my grandmothers to make me another sleep sack or two with a zipper. And I mite get a few fitteds to try.

I'm not enjoying being this tired. But the baby is getting more active all the time. And I do love that. I'm getting excited to meet this tiny person.

#5 ·
Wow, it has been months since I've been here! I'll be sticking around for the 10 weeks I have left.

I didn't do anything for Halloween this year. Living in a small town and no kids, there really isn't anything to do lol.

I'm slowly getting things ready for baby. We're not having a baby shower because my mother was supposed to throw it but she's having a lot of health problems and had to back out. It's a little disappointing that I have no one else who will step up as this is my first and will be difficult financially but we are getting through it. I did buy a huge bag of baby stuff from a local buy and sell today and got more than I could possibly hope for! Clothes starting from newborn all the way to 24 months, socks, shoes, bibs, hats, blankets and winter jackets. All for $20! That was exciting. We only have the big things left so hopefully we can get the money together soon.

I've slowly been getting more and more exhausted as each day passes. I'm trying to walk more but having trouble walking for too long. The heartburn! So awful. Anyone else dealing with this? I have a bottle of water and then BAM..heartburn lol. I can't believe there is only 10 weeks left!!

#7 ·
Wow, it has been months since I've been here! I'll be sticking around for the 10 weeks I have left.

I didn't do anything for Halloween this year. Living in a small town and no kids, there really isn't anything to do lol.

I'm slowly getting things ready for baby. We're not having a baby shower because my mother was supposed to throw it but she's having a lot of health problems and had to back out. It's a little disappointing that I have no one else who will step up as this is my first and will be difficult financially but we are getting through it. I did buy a huge bag of baby stuff from a local buy and sell today and got more than I could possibly hope for! Clothes starting from newborn all the way to 24 months, socks, shoes, bibs, hats, blankets and winter jackets. All for $20! That was exciting. We only have the big things left so hopefully we can get the money together soon.

I've slowly been getting more and more exhausted as each day passes. I'm trying to walk more but having trouble walking for too long. The heartburn! So awful. Anyone else dealing with this? I have a bottle of water and then BAM..heartburn lol. I can't believe there is only 10 weeks left!!
I've read somewhere that drinking a lot of water at one time can cause heartburn bc our stomachs are pushed up and fill more quickly. So maybe try sipping if that's not what you're already doing? It's hard to balance the need to drink with our other bodily conditions! I've actually had trouble drinking much while pregnant - in the beginning water would make me nauseous and vomit sometimes, and now the heartburn. Yikes. But I'm monitoring my urine color and it's not alarmingly dark! ;)
Helen

#8 ·
amraw - I totally feel for you and the pain of the heartburn! The best remedy I have found is about 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar in 3-4 ounces of cold water. It helps SO much! It sounds counterproductive, but heartburn is generally caused from having low acid (which is common in pregnancy), and so your body tries to rev it up to make up for what you're lacking.

#9 ·
Oops, now I see it! Here's a copy of my update in October chat!

No November chat yet so I'll just reply here. I too am extra tired lately. I do the same as you OFM, I get up to clean or do something & often sit right back down. I'm also feeling baby settle or kick me down low on a regular basis.

All my blood work has come back good so far. I took the second glucose blood draw yesterday. To me, my iron seems to be getting a little low so I got the floradix iron supplement & am taking that a few times a week.

Ajoye, don't feel bad. I haven't the slightest idea what part is jabbing me at any given time! But she had sure been more active lately. Or maybe I can just feel better now that she is bigger.

I've already gained almost 50 lbs but I've stopped worrying about it.

Oh! And I'm about ready to quit hypnobabies. I did it for a full month and was not able to get through a single session without twitching or needing to scratch some random itch. I should try again but I can't figure out any time or place other than once I'm in bed for the night.

#11 ·
@amraw - Maybe mom could still officially throw you a baby shower and you just do all the work. I've found people generally love to buy babies gifts and don't mind the details at all.

Reactions: tracyamber
#14 ·
I agree, people love to by stuff for babies.
I take papaya enzymes for heartburn. They work fast. If I didn't have something for it I'd hardly be able to eat or drink. I get it at random while pregnant.

I'm having a strange issue. My tongue feels like I scorched it even tho I haven't. No matter what I eat or drink, or how much.
Also even tho I feel very hungry, not much sounds good to eat.
And most car rides suck at this point because baby has to put pressure on my ribs and lungs just about the whole time. And most places are 30 minutes away.
And I'm still tired. I take care of DD, and make sure I exercise because being able to handle an active labor is important to me. But that's about it most days.

That being said I am so so thankful DH likes to cook. I've still been planing meals but he does all the hands on stuff. We cook a lot in the crockpot so that does make things easier. But he will go the extra mile... Some people think that because he works and I'm a SAHM he shouldn't do anything around the house. But he is happy to help, and I'm glad to have it. First thing he did when he got home this morning was wash DDs diapers. Sorry, had to brag on him a bit :)

Went to the chiropractor yesterday, that was awesome. I plan to go back a few more times before baby come, especially in the last week or two.

#16 ·
I agree, people love to by stuff for babies.
I take papaya enzymes for heartburn. They work fast. If I didn't have something for it I'd hardly be able to eat or drink. I get it at random while pregnant.

I'm having a strange issue. My tongue feels like I scorched it even tho I haven't. No matter what I eat or drink, or how much.
Have you looked into geographical tongue?

#15 ·
Redhotmama -- that picture is so cute! :)

My toddler has been having a lot of tantrums as of late. He decided to have an epic one the night of Halloween and freaked out about his lion costume. I think the big mane scared him. I ended up just dressing him up in brown and painting whiskers on his cheeks. He had a great time trick or treating, though. They close off the main street in our little town and all the businesses hand out candy. We had a lot of fun, though I was exhausted by the end of the night.

Amraw -- I agree with the suggestion of having your mother "officially" throw the shower and then you organize it. At the very least put together a registry if there are things you need. People love to celebrate babies and buy gifts. My friends have acted disappointed when I've told them we don't really need anything and don't plan to have a shower or registry this time around. You deserve to celebrate your first baby!!

OklaFarmMama
-- that is a strange issue you are having -- I wonder if it is pregnancy related or something else? I hope it resolves soon -- doesn't sound fun.
My husband is also great at cooking and I am so appreciative. He enjoys it and views it as stress relief, while I just view is as a chore.

I suddenly feel very large and it is getting hard to move around freely. My toddler is really wearing me out, especially now that he is having these big tantrums. I know it is natural, just part of his development, but I am so wiped out. He is also climbing everything and wants to use me as a jungle gym constantly. It is hard to be patient!

#19 ·
Amraw yay! I'm glad your getting to have a shower.

AFM Nope it's not geographical tongue. I'm thinking it's just some sort of pregnancy related dry mouth.

So the night before last I decided I really wanted a cup of coffee. And while I did enjoy it, I decided it mite not have been the best idea while I paced my house still awake sometime past 4am. On that note, I think pregnancy brain has decided to visit me. DH thinks is cute, but it aggravates me...I think there was something else I was going to add but I've forgotten. Lol.
I am getting excited about this baby. The note being sure about the gender is adding to that excitement too :)

#20 ·
I am having cramps and low back pain. It was going on for over an hour. I called labor and delivery and they told me to lay down and drink water. I have to go in or call them back in 2 hours if things don't get better. So far laying down has helped and the cramps are calming down.

#24 ·
Good news @liladancing. We're all at a good gestation now. If baby comes early, everything would be ok. But, I'm glad everything's fine and you're being proactive. :hug

#27 ·
I keep having cramps and back pain. Not as bad as yesterday. It is pretty nerve wracking. They said it could be round ligament pain, my uterus being irritated or me being dehydrated. I have been drinking a bunch though. It is worrisome. It hasn't worsened though and it is less severe by far than yesterday. I just hope everything is okay.

#28 ·
How's it going liladancing? Could it just be BH? I never had them, not sure if that's a good description of them, but throwing it out there anyway.

I'm recovering from 12+ hours of vomiting for no known reason. So thirsty, & difficult to rehydrate when too much water causes heartburn. Thankfully I wasn't at all dehydrated going into it. My little parasite is of course doing just fine. It's kind of amazing how the violence of vomiting (especially once the stomach is long empty) doesn't phase them.

OklaFarmMama, I love my papaya enzyme! I have ones with peppermint in them & it seems to cool heartburn as soon as I swallow them. And pregnancy brain? I've had it since before 2 months. As someone who works with computers (male dominated field) it drives me BATTY! I keep wanting to yell "I'm not stupid I promise!"

#29 ·
We had quite the day yesterday. Sometime around 2pm the forestry service stopped to tell us there was a fire on the ridge next to us. I'd just been looking out the window thinking it was really smokey in our yard for the tiny fire we had in our stove. Turns out a limb had fallen on a power line. They set up base in our yard and took action. My family came to help, and help me pack in case we had to leave. It's was a pray filled afternoon. After a point my mind just shut off. Thankfully they got it contained. The picture of the fire is actually the backfire they set and pushed towards the main fire, which never came close enough for me to see. About 40 acres was burnt, but it was all hunting land, so no one lost anything....I'll take crazy Oklahoma weather over a fire any day.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.