Mothering Forum banner

Who's Invited To The Birth?

623 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  neonalee 
#1 ·
I just did my birth plan (I find that to be an ironic term Lol) guest list included.
I have had people assume they where invited to the birth of our first, DH had to run them out of the room. And others have hinted they would like to be here for this one, but none of them are making the cut. As a matter of fact, I don't even plan on letting most of those people know I'm in labor. I love them, but they just don't share my vision.

But along with DH, our daughter (who will be 15mo) and the MWs, there will be my mom to help keep an eye on DD and take pictures. Possibly DHs mom. I've got an aunt I ended up calling the last time because I need her magic hands on my back (massage therapist) she'll be on standby again this time. She is also a warm, comforting, positive person.
The one I'm really excited about is my closest friend other the DH. She lives 6 hours away, but barring a blizzard, or an exstreamly fast delivery she'll be here. It warms my heart just knowing that she wants to be here for me.

Of corse all this being said I mite shut my self in the bedroom the whole time. You just never know.

#2 ·
I'm planning to have my husband, doula, and hopefully my best friend who lives about 5 hours away. My husband and I don't have family here besides my brother and his wife, but they are going to watch our son while we go to the birth center. That's the current plan anyways. I don't think I could handle more people than this anyways. These were the same people we had for my first birth. My mom had planned to come from out of state, but my son made an early arrival and she arrived a day late. I was actually grateful in the end that she didn't make it because she was so anxious.

#3 ·
My husband and my sister. My sister has never actually witnessed a birth besides her own two children, so it will be interesting. I told her she must be comfortable with seeing me in my birthday suit and with touching me, because birth is not a spectator sport, so if she's there, she's going to have a job to do, like hip squeezing or counter pressure. Though most of that for me comes at the very end anyway. For my last birth it was just my husband and I (unassisted) and being able to tag team the counter pressure with someone else is probably the one thing my husband had been available then.

#4 ·
I will have my mom, little sister and my husband there just like last time. I am so glad my mother in law is not interested. I was thinking she should take photos last time but I had to hand that off to someone else because From what she has told me she cannot handle her cool at all in a situation like that. Maybe I could get my sister or mom to take pics this time. My husband and everyone were so great last time. During ultrasounds though this pretnancy I wish that people would stop chatting. I think I won't have people thee other than husband. I find it so distrActing. At my 20 week scan I kept having to ask them to be quiet and they said they wouldn't. Sometimes my students listen better than they do!

#5 ·
DH, Doula, and if the kids are interested - my mom can bring them to the hospital. Since my DSD is 16 I highly doubt she will be at all interested (she freaks if she comes into our room & I'm not dressed). My son is 4, so who knows. I would kind of like for him to be there though.

We moved away from family 3 years ago so my mom is flying here in early January. We won't be telling anyone else when I go into labor other than my boss so they know not to expect me online.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.